Building Shader requires 2d UV

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JDMFarms

Building Shader requires 2d UV

Post by JDMFarms »

Modders,

how the heck are you? So, today, I learned the building shader requires a second UV. I saw a thread on GDN that led me to brute force trial/error what to do. So, couple questions:
NOTE: in case it matters, im still playing in FS19. I think these are fundamental questions, not version specific but I dont know what i dont know.

1) does a building need the shader for better performance? I know it is not fatally needed but what is the benefit of the shader? I need to learn how to read the shaders (what the data in the shaders are telling me).

2) what is the extra UVs for? Deductive reasoning tells me it is for allowing multiple paintjobs for the same building.

3) when the game log is free of warnings/errors, what else can a modder do (in/out of game) to analyze game performance with the mod in game? What is the recommended max poly count for any shape/i3d?

As always, thanks for helping me grow as a modder.

JDM
Missyb

Re: Building Shader requires 2d UV

Post by Missyb »

JDMFarms wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:10 pm Modders,

how the heck are you? So, today, I learned the building shader requires a second UV. I saw a thread on GDN that led me to brute force trial/error what to do. So, couple questions:
NOTE: in case it matters, im still playing in FS19. I think these are fundamental questions, not version specific but I dont know what i dont know.

1) does a building need the shader for better performance? I know it is not fatally needed but what is the benefit of the shader? I need to learn how to read the shaders (what the data in the shaders are telling me).

2) what is the extra UVs for? Deductive reasoning tells me it is for allowing multiple paintjobs for the same building.

3) when the game log is free of warnings/errors, what else can a modder do (in/out of game) to analyze game performance with the mod in game? What is the recommended max poly count for any shape/i3d?

As always, thanks for helping me grow as a modder.

JDM
the second and third I can answer,

the second uv map is for dirt/moss to be apply later there is tutorial by shywizard on yt thts explain this.

3, once the log is free testing should be for 3 game months or so, the mex triangles are <500k for vehicles, I've not seen anything for models for 19 but when you start to mod for 22 there is a limit in triangles 13,000, each piece, ie if you want have yorkshire boarding and use the rigid body which in turn equals over 13k in tris, it will flag up in the test runner sloution to this will to make a simple collision which is less 30 tris.

i hope this helps
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Missyb wrote:

the second uv map is for dirt/moss to be apply later there is tutorial by shywizard on yt thts explain this.
thx, i'll check it out.

Missyb wrote: the mex triangles are <500k for vehicles, I've not seen anything for models for 19 but when you start to mod for 22 there is a limit in triangles 13,000, each piece, ie if you want have yorkshire boarding and use the rigid body which in turn equals over 13k in tris, it will flag up in the test runner sloution to this will to make a simple collision which is less 30 tris.
for clarity: 'each piece' means each shape in an i3d? meaning the standard of practice should be the vis shape should be stand alone from a collision shape?

thanks again for the insight
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:08 pm
Missyb wrote:

thx, i'll check it out.

Missyb wrote: the mex triangles are <500k for vehicles, I've not seen anything for models for 19 but when you start to mod for 22 there is a limit in triangles 13,000, each piece, ie if you want have yorkshire boarding and use the rigid body which in turn equals over 13k in tris, it will flag up in the test runner sloution to this will to make a simple collision which is less 30 tris.
for clarity: 'each piece' means each shape in an i3d? meaning the standard of practice should be the vis shape should be stand alone from a collision shape?

thanks again for the insight
yep
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding