The Agres Balconies - feedback thread.

Decriptus

Re: The Agres Balconies - feedback thread.

Post by Decriptus »

Nevermind. .. pulled
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Decriptus wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:22 pm Nevermind. .. pulled
Pulled for the PS4 only? It still shows for PC/MAC, PS5, XB1, XBS
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Amberlight

Post by Amberlight »

I was impressed with the flashing beacon lights, never seen that on console. Shows it can be done. Well done.
A nice map which i shall spend time on. Take no notice of the reviews, i don't. People give a review after 5 minutes.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello !

Yes I sent a message on Saturday to the modhub team when I learned that the map was not loading on PS4. It was removed this morning for the PS4.
That's a good thing.

I'm preparing an update so that it runs on PS4, because it's a problem of memory saturation with too many vines and greenhouses.

Thank you very much for the messages of support and a big kiss for those who gave me a bad rate. :lol:
Axleman

Post by Axleman »

I've been playing this map on PC for a few days and I am enjoying it. I like that there are so many olives and grapes with productions that make them worthwhile.

A few issues that I have noticed.

1. I failed a cotton contract due to the sellpoint not accepting the bales. I don't remember the name of the sellpoint but it was the market near the center of the map.

2. The grape juice pallets that spawn from the grape processing facility are not recognized by autoloading trailers.

Question: why does the starting equipment include 3 different mulchers?
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your usefull feedback.
Axleman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:18 am 1. I failed a cotton contract due to the sellpoint not accepting the bales. I don't remember the name of the sellpoint but it was the market near the center of the map.
You can sell cotton on the products & pallet trigger.
Can you send me a screenshot, if you find this error, in order to find the sellpoint.
Axleman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:18 am 2. The grape juice pallets that spawn from the grape processing facility are not recognized by autoloading trailers.
It's very strange, i worked with the BlackSheep Modding testing team, and we did not see that.
I use this autoload mod : https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
And It's worked during the test.
Axleman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:18 am Question: why does the starting equipment include 3 different mulchers?
Very good question, in fact it's for testing purpose, I would like to suggest players to test different size, to find the more suitable tools.

Thanks a lot !
Axleman

Post by Axleman »

It is Wolf's Ravine Market that is not accepting round cotton bales. I have two sitting on the pallet trigger and nothing is happening.

I have not tried any other sellpoint for these yet.

As for the grape juice pallets. it could be an issue with a mod that I have loaded. I'll play around with it.

The terrain on this map is challenging. I enjoy this more than open flat maps!
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Axleman wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 pm It is Wolf's Ravine Market that is not accepting round cotton bales. I have two sitting on the pallet trigger and nothing is happening.
I have not tried any other sellpoint for these yet.
Thanks a lot, solved for the next update :

Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Ps4 user. Really looking forward to giving your map a blast when you've managed to sort a fix out suitable for release. Watched the SealyP map tour and liked what I saw.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I really like this map. I only have 20 hours on it so far, but I am enjoying it. I have been looking for a map to do grapes and olives and this one ticks all the boxes for me.
I like the layout of the map, it feels organic and realistic. Fields and orchards are a good size, and interesting to harvest. No just rows and rows of straight lines.
I like to start new farmer, on hard difficulty. I use whatever equipment the map maker gives and build on that until I own the whole map. I try to limit the use of bank loans to buy fields and the loan has to be paid back before a new loan can be taken out.

Overall, I think this is a great map with a good atmosphere. I really like the recycling items laying around. I also like that they do not give you a lot of money, so it does not spoil the save by just randomly giving you lots of cash. I also found one of the chests, but as that gives you lots of cash, I will not be collecting any more until I get further in the game.
I also really like that the buildings are unique. Clearly a lot of time has been spent on the feel of the map and it shows. I love that its not the usual same buildings found on every other map.

I think the starting farmyard feels a bit sterile and barren. However, that said, it does give a great scope to build my own yard. My only complaint is that I cannot find any placeable sheds that fit in the style of the ones that are there. It would be great if the current sheds were made placeable, as then I could place more of them.

The market areas again, feel a bit sterile, but as I only visit to sell goods, it does not detract from the map.
It is a shame that the pre placed olive orchards cannot be sold. There are a couple places I would have liked to remove one or two trees to make access easier for the harvester. On plot 52, there is a tree right at the end of the row and you have to reverse the harvester back up the row to get out. I would have liked to simply removed 2 trees and that would make it better. If it was possible to make the trees sellable, it would be better. If I place down new olive trees, then I can remove them without issue. It is only the pre placed ones that have the issue.

Two minor details, but these are completely my personal preferences and have no bearing on the map. I was not a huge fan of the starting fields or equipment. We had 3 mulchers, but no subsoiler. A good choice of tractors, but both a skid steer and a big loader, both with forks. I also felt that as its an olive type farm, having 4 flat fields, one with grass, but no grass equipment, was a bit odd to me. For me, I would have preferred to have the starting olive groves and plots 51 and 52, both olive groves next to the farm. I simply sold off the 4 fields and bought the olive plots, so again, not a big deal.

The barrels of sodium for soap making are good, but they are a pain to move. It too me a minute to work out that I needed to make the pallet forks wider than the barrel, so I can pick up the barrel. It might be better to put the barrel on a pallet, to make it more obvious.

Other that those very minor details, I think this is an excellent map, and I can see me getting hundreds of hours use out of it.
I gave the map 5 stars on the modhub, as I think it is well worth it.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

farmer_bell wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:07 pm I gave the map 5 stars on the modhub, as I think it is well worth it.
Thanks a lot,

I will make several updates on this map this year. I already sent the most urgent to Giants yesterday. I hope this update will allow our friends ps4 users to play it. For the others the update is not mandatory.

Then in a few months I will release a big update with all 3d models in placeable. It takes hours and it is not a priority.

Making a map like this takes a huge amount of hours because it's very different from the others.
I was there to understand the atmosphere and the environment.
I tried recreating it on the map. Even if I couldn't do everything.
It would take 6 more months to redo all the corresponding vegetation.

Thank you again for those who give a good rate to my cmap. A good rating encourages creators to make new mods.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I tend not to rate maps because there is no mechanism to state reasons for the rating. For example, sometimes I don’t like a map because it crashes my Xbox. Sometimes, it’s strongly focused on something I don’t like to do. I’m painfully aware the lesser ratings without explanation can be frustrating to map makers. So, I don’t tend to do it at all. I’m surprised if it is true that mods aren’t always tested on all platforms. Console players constitute about half of all game players (there are statistics…if you aren’t convinced, do a search). I’m sure testing on all available systems would add greatly to the costs for testing. I don’t mind maps having issues for Xbox, although having to start over many times can be irritating. With all the platforms things can be written for I’m surprised at what a good job map makers and other modders do. This is why I shy away from ratings. Every now and then I’ll go through a rash of rating, but it’s because I understand a bit what an effort modders have made that I don’t rate much. Why bite the hand that feeds you? I do wish the rating system allowed for elaboration. I’m not joining another social media venue to deal with these issues until a way is found to really protect users. So, I cope. :biggrin2:
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

The map is now available for PS4.

Have fun !
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Excellent news. I'll take a look at this map over the weekend. Thanks for your efforts getting this sorted.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Good try, but this map is definitly not compatible for PS4.

It's a dead end for PS4... sorry.