The Agres Balconies - feedback thread.

JMGaming_

The Agres Balconies - feedback thread.

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

I am very happy to present to you my brand new map The Agres Balconies which was released today on the Modhub.
I hope you will like it very much.
I opened this thread to exchange with you on the next improvements that I could bring to it.
I am already looking for a Spanish and Portuguese translator for the text of the map.
Feel free to PM me.

Otherwise leave me your comment and a detailed explanation of what you think. Especially if you don't like it, at least tell me why, if you love the map too. :)

Thank you and see you soon,
Mesocyclone

Re: The Agres Balconies - feedback thread.

Post by Mesocyclone »

JMGaming_ wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:53 pm Hello
Thank you and see you soon,
According to FS Club on Facebook, your map causing a lot of crashes(looks like only on old consoles). Just letting you know in case you haven't seen it.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Mesocyclone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:07 pm
According to FS Club on Facebook, your map causing a lot of crashes(looks like only on old consoles). Just letting you know in case you haven't seen it.
Yes thanks,
Perhaps a issue with PS4.

I try to understand if it's with or without other mods.
If someone can tell me.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

JMGaming_ wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:35 pm
Mesocyclone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:07 pm
Yes thanks,
Perhaps a issue with PS4.

I try to understand if it's with or without other mods.
If someone can tell me.
Maybe message those people on FB that are replying to that, think it's quicker then waiting on this forum.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

The map does not load with PS4 ...

I will try to get more information, why the map was release on this console if you cannot load it ?

Seems to be ok with others : PS5, XBox.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Thank you for all the haters for bringing my map rating down to 3 right now. That's too kind of you.
Otherwise for PS4 users, I opened a ticket on the modhub to try to solve the problem.
No need to put a bad rate it's useless, I'm well aware of the problem.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

I'm not here to attack you. I'm trying to teach you something/only explain. So don't let this feel as an attack.

Mate, im on pc but if a map crashes my console ofcourse people giving a bad rating. You can't blame them. You can post all you want here but you are only active on this forum(correct me if I'm wrong, I couldn't find a FB page, I just noticed you are replying under your own name that nobody knows, maybe create a page with you modding name so people know you are the one), this forum only has maybe 50 active users that look daily. You don't have a FB page to promote maps/mods, so you don't get shared by FS Club and DJGOHAM(those 2 reaches the most people in the community) So you can say you are aware of the issue, but only 20 people on PS4 knows.

I would suggest:
Create a FB page under the name people can know you(Your modding name so JMGaming).
Post a message on your page and sent FS Club a message that you are the author of the map and you are aware of the issue. Maybe he can share it on his FB so people know. Cuz if you only post here, not a lot of people gonna know. And try not to get angry in public, cuz the FS community is a toxic place and you get cancelled by players right away.

When FSClub is following you, he shares everything you post on your page, that gets seen by DJGoham who will include you in his Farmsim News episodes on YT.
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

Hello,

FS Community is not a toxic place.
I have many contacts with Italians or Portugueses they tell me the problem with the PS4.
And the reaction was: Ho the map looks great, but does not load with the PS4. When can you solve this problem ?
My answer was: I don't understand how the map could be released on PS4 if the map does not load.I will open a modhub ticket.
A real story with normal people with normal reactions.

So why give a bad rating to a mod, because the map was not compatible but the release was made by another person ?
That map is bad ? You have played with this map ? No, just a technical issue, you cannot load and play for now.
Keep cool, and wait. A bad rating is useless to solve a problem, it can only demotivate modders.

FSClub and DJGoham are good places, but not the only place to find information.
I have another name on facebook, but follow the link and you will find my youtube channel, it's so simple.

But most importantly: Have fun and thanks, I understand this forum frequentation is low.

See you soon.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

JMGaming_ wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:59 am So why give a bad rating to a mod, because the map was not compatible but the release was made by another person ?
That map is bad ? You have played with this map ? No, just a technical issue, you cannot load and play for now.
Keep cool, and wait. A bad rating is useless to solve a problem, it can only demotivate modders.
I totally agree with you mate! There is nothing wrong with the map, a minor technical issue and I think, but that is just my opinion, giants need to reset the rating, since it's not your fault.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to attack you or something bud. Was just looking out for a fellow map maker. Hopefully you enjoy the rest.of your weekend! Take care man! :hi:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Giants doesn’t really give any other options than a bad rating and that’s something modders should take up with them because there’s got to be a better way to communicate issues than a five star rating system. I would agree with Mesocyclone also though, I would try a creating a Facebook page and getting out in front of it yourself because saying there’s fifty active users here is probably being generous haha.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:53 am saying there’s fifty active users here is probably being generous haha.
I was generous 😂, tried to be nice to Giants 😂
I actually wanted to say 10-15 lol. But that still might be to generous :lol:
VirtualFarms

Post by VirtualFarms »

Hi!

I really like the look of the map, I’m playing on PS5 and haven’t experienced any issues yet!

My first bit of feedback for you:
Consider making every building in the main/starting farm place able.

There’s some changes that I would like to make, if I was to continue playing this map, and I can’t remove the starting sheds or silo, and that makes me not play it.

Otherwise - exiting map because the main focus is olives or grapes, which is something I’m missing in other maps, vanilla or modded.

So all in all great job *thumbsup*
JMGaming_

Post by JMGaming_ »

VirtualFarms wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:44 pm
I really like the look of the map, I’m playing on PS5 and haven’t experienced any issues yet!
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers.
PS4 cannot load the map because a memory issue. This console have only 8Go to do everything.
PS5 have 16Go , and can load the map.
I don't receive any issue with Xbox.

I will work on a 'lighter' version with less olive and grapes fields, in order to be PS4 compatible.

Later I take your suggestion, to make everything placeable.

Have Fun !
VirtualFarms

Post by VirtualFarms »

JMGaming_ wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:35 pm
VirtualFarms wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:44 pm
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers.
PS4 cannot load the map because a memory issue. This console have only 8Go to do everything.
PS5 have 16Go , and can load the map.
I don't receive any issue with Xbox.

I will work on a 'lighter' version with less olive and grapes fields, in order to be PS4 compatible.

Later I take your suggestion, to make everything placeable.

Have Fun !
Also, consider deleting some trees.
The fact that I can’t put down trees wherever I want, is another reason I paused gameplay on this map unfortunately.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

So giants released a map for all platforms but didn't test it on the consoles that make up a huge portion of it's player base *slow clap*. I'm about to try it on PS4 pro and see what happens