shed for chips

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
sune borg

shed for chips

Post by sune borg »

hello peoble.

this have probably been asked before.

i have an mod of an concrete shed from some where.

i want to add woodchips to this mod.

can someone please help me with this.?
Dogface

Re: shed for chips

Post by Dogface »

That's kind of vague. What do you want help with?

If you need a place to start, look at the base game silos.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Is the shed already a silo or is it just decoration? if a silo, you can add the filltype to the filltype. if it is just a decoration building, you'll have to learn a lot in the i3d and xml
sune borg

Post by sune borg »

Dog face
im sory if it was to dificult for you to read what i needed help with.

other hand okay i will try to explain it more.

i have this mod :
https://www.kingmods.net/en/fs22/mods/c ... -shed-pack

and i would like to add to this mod so that i can put my wood chips inside this building.

no it is not an silo it is an shed to put mashinery inside.

so if it was allready an silo it would not be a problem for me.

so i am askin polite for some help to add the lines i need into the xml file so that i can store my wood chips inside the building and it counts the chip stored.

if no lines are added you can still put the wood chips indide but you can not see it anywhere .

i know that there are some clever peoble out there that do undestand what i want.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

you will need to add triggers to the shed i3d file then add some lines to the xml. i did this for wool/cotton storage in an open storage shed that wasnt a silo. I presume you are in FS22? I'm in FS19 which fundamentally is the same. But like DogFace said, you'll have to study the basegame silos to see any differences. you'll have to export/import triggers from an existing silo too.

note1: my animations/fillplanes are not working...the wool is decor only at this time so the storage is just a blackhole so to speak.
note2: placeableType likely needs changed...you'll clearly see the sections that need added but note the 'nodes' which is a reference to the i3d item index

Code: Select all

<placeableType>silo</placeableType>
    <filename>cottonWoolStorage.i3d</filename>
    <placement testSizeX="31.5" testSizeZ="27.5" sizeX="31.5" sizeZ="27.5" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true" />

<loadingStation stationName="HayLoft" appearsOnPDA="false" storageRadius="0" fillSoundIdentifier="fillSound01">
        <loadTrigger triggerNode="4|0" fillLitersPerSecond="2000" dischargeNode="4|1">
        </loadTrigger>
    </loadingStation>

<unloadingStation stationName="HayLoft" appearsOnPDA="false" storageRadius="0">
        <unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="3" />
    </unloadingStation>

<storages>
        <storage node="5|0" fillTypes="wool cotton" capacityPerFillType="5000000" />
		<!-- <dashboard displayType="ANIMATION" valueType="fillLevel" animName="woolAnimation"/> -->
    </storages>

<clearAreas>
        <clearArea startNode="1|0" widthNode="1|0|0" heightNode="1|0|1"/>
    </clearAreas>

<leveling requireLeveling="true" maxSmoothDistance="10" maxSlope="75" maxEdgeAngle="30">
        <levelAreas>
            <levelArea startNode="1|0" widthNode="1|0|0" heightNode="1|0|1" groundType="asphalt"/>
        </levelAreas>
    </leveling>

<tipOcclusionUpdateArea sizeX="35" sizeZ="30" />

Here is a snap of the items i added for my silo:
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

adding a silo function I would say is a beginner mod, adding a visible pile of product is an advanced mod.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Yes, i concur. which means the top 3 of the items circle is the mandatory items (basic silo mod items) and the others are just the visible decoration/animation items.
sune borg

Post by sune borg »

Thank you for both your answers.

it looks like there is more to this than just copy some lines arround.

i just get confused too fast when i look at the files from silo mods.

it would have been loverly to be able to see the overall info on the woodchips .

but ill settle with the use the concrete shed as it is.

dont know how to insert picture here so . im sorry.

might give up on that idea.

thank you again folks.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

sune borg wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:26 pm Thank you for both your answers.

update: i see the link in the posts above.

You're welcome and post a link to the concrete shed mod...I'll mod it for you if the original modder hasnt placed restrictions on it. Will be good practice for me
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

sune borg wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:26 pm

....but ill settle with the use the concrete shed as it is......

I looked at the kingmod site version, assuming its not on the modhub at all, it appears Dutch-Modding created this mod with the idea of using the shed for multiple purposes. use it as a silo with conveyor belts instead of tip triggers. that's a 'gameplay' idea vs a 'categorical' idea with game engine features such as the 'storage' class.

I would bet you lunch that Dutch-Modding has an original mod hosting site for their mods. would need to find that in order to see if i can mod it and transfer it to you or if i need to find a way to teach you how to mod it yourself for private use.
sune borg

Post by sune borg »

hello

well that would be loverly.

as now i am using the shed and removed the workshop inside by deleting it in the xml file. puff it was gone.

i am using a big Catapiller 836K mod inside to push the woodchips back. doing stuff maually in my game, no need for transport thingys.

would be loverly if the shed was 1 side blok higher and wider therfor the doors could open a bit more.

but you can see for yourself if you get the shed and the big cat 836K and drive it in there.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

KingMod is a Mod Pirating site. People just post other people's mods. This shed is already on the ModHub.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
JDMFarms wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:18 pm I would bet you lunch that Dutch-Modding has an original mod hosting site for their mods. would need to find that in order to see if i can mod it and transfer it to you or if i need to find a way to teach you how to mod it yourself for private use.
Thank you. Modding someone else's mod without permission is theft.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Yea, its been a pain for ever and to the point in 2015/16 Giants threw their hands up so to speak. i forget what the actual ruling was when they said what they said but it boiled down to them throwing their hands up. That was when i was on the FS-UK forum team and going to the periodic English panels hosted by giants facilitated by Russ at FS-UK. Modhub came out shortly thereafter which created new drama.

thanks for looking at mod-hub for it. i typically have the requestor do the research. helps in the learning process. hahahah.
sune borg

Post by sune borg »

seems i lost the last txt .

DogFace
i totally agree with you.
but since it is something to modyfi for use for one self it is ok.
but if one would get mods from others and rearange them and then upload them , well now thers your theft.

JDMFarms
learning is crusial.
i have just never could undestand the giant edito and such, or i have the lack of learning abillities.
ive been arround fs gaming since 11 and have learned to look into xml files for what i need to change in my own game.
such as copying lines from 1 mod to another so the other mod have real sound on the horn or backing beep og hydraulics sounds.
becaurse i know what to look for .

but to use the editor to make a building higher or wider and to get a trigger or what ever to work,
and show stuff in the panel, thats where im lost no matter how many youtube thingys i look at i dont get it or things ,
that i need to learn is not there.
that is why i am asking peoble i think may be able to help me out mor my own purpose.

same as for other game i have tried for many years to find leaning bout how to garther mods , like combine 20 mods into 1 . i just cant see it.
brain wont allow me that knowledge.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Sune, I got your private message, will reply soon...I'm not ignoring you; promise.

sune borg wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:19 pm

but to use the editor to make a building higher or wider and to get a trigger or what ever to work,
As far as this, you only adjust the 'scale' of a shape in Giant's Editor. To adjust the actual dimensions (height, width, length), you have to take the shape out of Giants Editor and into Blender or Miya then back to Giants Editor. That is really advanced level mod'g.

Now, to change the 'elevation' of a placeable, we can do that in the Giants Editor and XML.