Edgewater

Sneaks

Re: Edgewater

Post by Sneaks »

Playing it on PS4 and really enjoying it. just done all the harvesting on the starting fields...I think this will be my map to play for awhile until TVTOF.. Thanks for the Great Map- South Sask Modding, BcBuhler Farms..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Really enjoying this map will be putting a lot of hours in this
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
VirtualFarms

Post by VirtualFarms »

Deereslayer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:59 pm If you hire a semi to haul to an unload point, the lag is horrible. But if you hire a combine driver and drive the semi yourself, it seems ok.
I've given up on this game having competent workers who can drive semi and not get stuck somewhere.
In regards to the map, Really enjoying it. Odd field sizes make it more lively, and once you start working them, they aren't as big as you think. Really enjoy the new crops. May stick around on this one for awhile I think.

Noticed a lot of lag and stuttering when deploying helpers for driving on the roads..
Kinda gave the map a pause afterwards, and have not tried out the performance when hiring workers for fieldwork- too bad if that’s how it’s gonna be, because the map otherwise really looks promising *thumbsup*
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:50 pm
Deereslayer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:59 pm If you hire a semi to haul to an unload point, the lag is horrible. But if you hire a combine driver and drive the semi yourself, it seems ok.
I've given up on this game having competent workers who can drive semi and not get stuck somewhere.
In regards to the map, Really enjoying it. Odd field sizes make it more lively, and once you start working them, they aren't as big as you think. Really enjoy the new crops. May stick around on this one for awhile I think.
I've turned around so many times on this map. Downloaded, lag with semi. Said heck with it and turned off the console. Found Bcbuhlers series going over the details and how to fix ditches to make fields worker friendly. Also he specifically made the land clearing mod for folks that wanna do that. Only things missing is a place to sell timbers (I'll get sell anything mod placed) and logging areas (I'll plant a forest somewhere). I'm throwing in the towel on console drivers, otherwise I'm missing out on all the new NA maps on console.
There is a place to sell lumber just north of the co-op.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Beanbrother wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:35 pm
Selling timbers or raw wood? I'm only going by what one of the map reviews said about you can make planks or pallets but nowhere to sell them.

Also watching Bcbuhlers YouTube there is no manure or slurry unless you place the pits. I was *censored* in when he went over the different tmr formulas using different crops and a hay ring in the pasture.

So far my only solid "dislikes" are lack of AI driving and the snow mask on the farms. I prefer plowing. Wonder if I repaint the stone texture if that negates the snow mask or if that's permanent
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Giants your *censoring* in my last post *s u c k s*
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Anyone test to see maizeplus conflicts with the swathing feature?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:45 pm Giants your *censoring* in my last post *s u c k s*
If there only was a way to edit that post....oh wait there is! 😜
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:43 pm
Beanbrother wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:35 pm
Selling timbers or raw wood? I'm only going by what one of the map reviews said about you can make planks or pallets but nowhere to sell them.

Also watching Bcbuhlers YouTube there is no manure or slurry unless you place the pits. I was *censored* in when he went over the different tmr formulas using different crops and a hay ring in the pasture.

So far my only solid "dislikes" are lack of AI driving and the snow mask on the farms. I prefer plowing. Wonder if I repaint the stone texture if that negates the snow mask or if that's permanent
Hmmmmmm I’m not sure now what’s north of coop. I’m not a lumber guy so I don’t slow down when driving past
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Having an issue with swathing....using the swather pack, if I catch even the slightest bit of grass ground around the headlands, the whole swath turns to grass
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

DMZ Commander wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:16 am Having an issue with swathing....using the swather pack, if I catch even the slightest bit of grass ground around the headlands, the whole swath turns to grass
Yeah, that’s been an issue with every swathing mod I’ve ever used for any version of FS so it’s definitely not just you.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:16 am Having an issue with swathing....using the swather pack, if I catch even the slightest bit of grass ground around the headlands, the whole swath turns to grass
I've seen that in all the swathing previews. Looks like as soon as you get away from the grass turns back to swath. Assuming it just gets ran thru the combine and spit out the back with no issue. Guess the main issue is how much yield was lost during that patch.

Do we have to swath those crops or is it an option over using a regular header on a combine?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Lazarus99 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:03 pm
I've seen that in all the swathing previews. Looks like as soon as you get away from the grass turns back to swath. Assuming it just gets ran thru the combine and spit out the back with no issue. Guess the main issue is how much yield was lost during that patch.

Do we have to swath those crops or is it an option over using a regular header on a combine?
As far as I know it is an option which gives a 20% yield bonus for doing so. I guess if you do lose a little then the bonus would more than make up for it. The other option could be to combine one headland then swath the rest.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:42 pm
Lazarus99 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:03 pm

As far as I know it is an option which gives a 20% yield bonus for doing so. I guess if you do lose a little then the bonus would more than make up for it. The other option could be to combine one headland then swath the rest.
Either that or cut the grass around the field.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:03 am
Hmmmmmm I’m not sure now what’s north of coop. I’m not a lumber guy so I don’t slow down when driving past
No worries just figured I'd ask. I have yet to get back to the map since my quick jaunt around Friday night.