Edgewater

Lazarus99

Edgewater

Post by Lazarus99 »

Specifically for console has anyone tried this map out? Trying to figure out if AI workers drive on the roads or not. My internet is slow and dont wanna spend time downloading of they dont drive.

Thanks
Beanbrother

Re: Edgewater

Post by Beanbrother »

I sure hope so. this is a highly anticipated map. I would love to see the Youtubers who do map tours show off some of the AI driving abilities. With that being such a massive add to 22. I’m surprised there isn’t more emphasis on it working correctly.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I feel the same way. It's the sole reason I skipped Richlands map. Edgewater has the same lived in feel, at least from what I saw in previews. Hopefully they implemented some accurate splines/road network
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

i tried it on pc, not console, though i imagine it would be the same version. while it let me send a vehicle anywhere, it didn't find the best path to some locations. like it drove through two fields instead of down a direct dirt road. it also took very roundabout routes to others, and totally tanked my frame rate with even two vehicles on the move. so while it seems functional for at least moving vehicles around, its not really optimal.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I'm loving this map! Really resent maps that force other mods on you usually, but for this I can (just about) get over it.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

coleislazy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:03 am i tried it on pc, not console, though i imagine it would be the same version. while it let me send a vehicle anywhere, it didn't find the best path to some locations. like it drove through two fields instead of down a direct dirt road. it also took very roundabout routes to others, and totally tanked my frame rate with even two vehicles on the move. so while it seems functional for at least moving vehicles around, its not really optimal.
That doesnt sound too promising lol. I'm big on not having to do all the jockeying. It's such a letdown considering that's the main reason I wanted 22 but I'm stuck playing a default map or Griffin. Griffin was the map i had the most hours on in 19.

Should have kept 19 I guess .....womp womp
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I thought you were able to remove the fences on your fields ? I’m guessing not?,or I’m clicking on the wrong spot
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I watched farmerkleins map tour. Think I'll pass. For some reason the sneak peak awhile back had me more interested than I am now. I'll keep holding out for a richlands update and hope the ai driving gets fixed.

Giants, please stop offering features for console if your not going to push and or help modders implement those features into mod maps.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Anyone else having problems getting the pickup header to actually pick up the flax swath?
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Decriptus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:11 am Anyone else having problems getting the pickup header to actually pick up the flax swath?
You need to use the Swather Pack by BCBuhler to do the initial harvest which leaves a swath of crop, then come along with your harvester & the pick up head to pick up the crop which leaves behind a straw swath which you can bale as normal.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:56 am I thought you were able to remove the fences on your fields ? I’m guessing not?,or I’m clicking on the wrong spot
You have to click on the barb wire between the posts
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Decriptus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:11 am Anyone else having problems getting the pickup header to actually pick up the flax swath?

It's been working fine for me so far, if only Giants would let us hire workers for swath crops.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Angler1409 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:50 am
You need to use the Swather Pack by BCBuhler to do the initial harvest which leaves a swath of crop, then come along with your harvester & the pick up head to pick up the crop which leaves behind a straw swath which you can bale as normal.
I was referring to the straw after a normal harvest of flax. For some reason the first time I tried the balers (modded nor base game) would bale the flax straw,. Started a new game and it worked
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

If you hire a semi to haul to an unload point, the lag is horrible. But if you hire a combine driver and drive the semi yourself, it seems ok.
I've given up on this game having competent workers who can drive semi and not get stuck somewhere.
In regards to the map, Really enjoying it. Odd field sizes make it more lively, and once you start working them, they aren't as big as you think. Really enjoy the new crops. May stick around on this one for awhile I think.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Deereslayer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:59 pm If you hire a semi to haul to an unload point, the lag is horrible. But if you hire a combine driver and drive the semi yourself, it seems ok.
I've given up on this game having competent workers who can drive semi and not get stuck somewhere.
In regards to the map, Really enjoying it. Odd field sizes make it more lively, and once you start working them, they aren't as big as you think. Really enjoy the new crops. May stick around on this one for awhile I think.
I've turned around so many times on this map. Downloaded, lag with semi. Said heck with it and turned off the console. Found Bcbuhlers series going over the details and how to fix ditches to make fields worker friendly. Also he specifically made the land clearing mod for folks that wanna do that. Only things missing is a place to sell timbers (I'll get sell anything mod placed) and logging areas (I'll plant a forest somewhere). I'm throwing in the towel on console drivers, otherwise I'm missing out on all the new NA maps on console.