Edgewater

Lazarus99

Re: Edgewater

Post by Lazarus99 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:42 pm
As far as I know it is an option which gives a 20% yield bonus for doing so. I guess if you do lose a little then the bonus would more than make up for it. The other option could be to combine one headland then swath the rest.
I was assuming a couple weeks ago that we had to swathe but then I thought I saw yesterday someone running a combine on the same crop. That's even better than I'm not sure that I wanna do that on every field but maybe once in a while just as a money boost
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Is the layout of this map fairly similar to say ,Minnesota, millennial farmer type ground?
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

You can paint a small track around the field to give you some wiggle room
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

So I have used the train a couple of times so far to sell. I’ve got lentils at a crazy high price go and rent the train and it seems to be stuck at 1.4 KM away, never show up. Anyone else come across this
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

struck train could be because the train spline is too steep. if you save when it is at a low point and load the game, the train starts at 0 speed and the slope can be too great to move. it does look pretty steep in this shot. if you're on pc, you may be able to start a game on the map, save, then look at the vehicles.xml file to copy out the train info and paste it over the vehicle.xml in the stuck save. i haven't tested this, and be sure to make a backup of any files you edit if you try.

Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I guess on console the only work around is to make sure you call the train and then save it when it arrives?
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

if the steep spline is indeed the issue, then yeah i think the only console workaround is making sure the train is on the map before you save and quit.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Hmmmm. Well I have tried getting out and coming back in but no train. PS5 is what I’m on. The train isn’t even on the map.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:40 pm Hmmmm. Well I have tried getting out and coming back in but no train. PS5 is what I’m on. The train isn’t even on the map.
This was an issue on the Griffin map until the update . Sadly I don't think there is a work around once the train has gotten stuck where you're talking about. Youd have to start a fresh save for the workaround I was suggesting
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Lazarus99 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:51 pm
Beanbrother wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:40 pm Hmmmm. Well I have tried getting out and coming back in but no train. PS5 is what I’m on. The train isn’t even on the map.
This was an issue on the Griffin map until the update . Sadly I don't think there is a work around once the train has gotten stuck where you're talking about. Youd have to start a fresh save for the workaround I was suggesting
On the Griffin Map, did it require a new save for that update? Thinking about sending the modder a message.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:22 am
On the Griffin Map, did it require a new save for that update? Thinking about sending the modder a message.
For console yes it required a new save.....he had given instructions for PC to apply the update to the train manually
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:01 pm
ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:22 am

For console yes it required a new save.....he had given instructions for PC to apply the update to the train manually
Didn't AJFarmer say that it required a new save for the train fix? :confusednew: Looking at the desc, and AJ's post he said it was old save compatible.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:44 am
Didn't AJFarmer say that it required a new save for the train fix? :confusednew: Looking at the desc, and AJ's post he said it was old save compatible.

According to modhub. I havent scoured the Griffin thread to confirm
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Maybe I'm thinking of the changes to the train cars that required a new save with a work around for PC
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:48 am Maybe I'm thinking of the changes to the train cars that required a new save with a work around for PC
Bingo! I remember waiting to have that change after reading this. I was slow as usual getting started and AJ posted that update and I held off.