GPS (kind of) for console

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Dicky1011

GPS (kind of) for console

Post by Dicky1011 »

Hey all,

I know that the GPS situation or lack there of on consoles has been mentioned before and as far as I'm aware there is no plans etc for anything to be coming to console.
I'm not a modder in anyway shape or form but wanted to ask a question about it. Reading up on the previous mods that were briefly up were using scripts so that's why they were removed. ( I have no idea what that means)

My question though is could it be possible to have like a steering snapping mod or angle snapping of some sorts (i.e. snap to 0, 90, 180.) without using scripts?
I know it's not a GPS as such but personally I'm fine with having to line up and turn myself just keeping it on that straight line can be a nightmare with controller. Using the angles in the coordinates is great but been able to snap to that would be even better.
To me that seems like it could be quite easy to implement since the coordinates are already in the game and the in game helpers already snap to them but again I'm not a modder or understand what it might take.
There's probably loads I'm not understanding but hopefully a modder or someone in the know would be kind enough to say if this would be possible.

Cheers
Rich
eric21

Re: GPS (kind of) for console

Post by eric21 »

In order to do that you need a script already in the game, so an external script is needed
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

By now Giants really should have a script of their own in game, especially since they released precision farming which in real life is used largely in conjunction with guidance steering.
Dicky1011

Post by Dicky1011 »

What I’m confused with is when you hire a worker and watch the angle coordinates they seem to snap to an angle already so isn’t that a script? Surely whatever that mechanism is could be used somehow?
For me just been able to lock in and drive in a straight line would do. As good as it would be to have markers show up etc literally just locking to keep a straight line would be great.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

I believe there is one that has marker lines to follow for console. Called drive liner or something like that
XBOX/ FS22
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Dicky1011 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:16 pm What I’m confused with is when you hire a worker and watch the angle coordinates they seem to snap to an angle already so isn’t that a script? Surely whatever that mechanism is could be used somehow?
This is a good point, but I think you would need a script to exploit that function, aaaaaand you're back to script restrictions in console.