1 - 1,5 minute freeze lags when leaving the game

graczpracz

1 - 1,5 minute freeze lags when leaving the game

Post by graczpracz »

Hi,
since yesterday I'm encountering a problem mentioned in the title. It doesn't occur only when I leave to the desktop, but also when I leave to the main menu. Usually takes up to one and a half minute, but happens to take even longer. It's too long considering the fact it took 3 seconds at most.

I play xbox game pass version on PC and the first time I got the game in May 2022 I had no such problems, bought the game pass again 5 days ago, for first 3 days it was also okay.
What I think the problem is: yesterday i tried to move mods folder into other drive. I used a tutorial for this and it worked, I checked the mods i had in my save and there were no problems, I clicked "leave the game" and if I recall correctly, that's when those freeze lags started.

Thinking it was the reason, I put mods folder back in "C:/Temp", checked, and the problem was still there. Then I took out my mods (ModHub only) out of game files and in the xbox app clicked "Verify and repair". It also made no change. Finally I decided to reinstall the game and guess what - no result. Also soon after reinstalling I had to set graphic settings again and when i set the resolution back to 1920x1080 game freeze lagged to the point it crashed (but the changes I made were saved).
I don't know what I can do to solve this problem, I'm not even sure what's the reason. I deleted the shader cache folder, so the game could re-create it and still no result. Should i delete my saves or delete game.xml file? I need your help...

EDIT: I reset the cache, just like in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy65mOKysag
I excluded my saves and mods and all the problems are gone!