AI traffic

Beanbrother

AI traffic

Post by Beanbrother »

In the next version of this game, is it possible to have the AI traffic with non-collision? Love having it on makes the map feel alive. Have to turn it off because we all know why.
The question is just that is it a doable feature?
Crashmac

Re: AI traffic

Post by Crashmac »

Same, I enjoy having it on but mostly play with it off because it makes using helpers and AI almost impossible.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Crashmac wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:13 pm Same, I enjoy having it on but mostly play with it off because it makes using helpers and AI almost impossible.
they have the ability to make power poles with zero collision or sold as a pole. I guess the difference is the traffic is moving and the power poles aren’t.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

It would make for a fantastic third option, traffic, no traffic, no collision traffic. I would also prefer that over none at all.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Crashmac wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:13 pm Same, I enjoy having it on but mostly play with it off because it makes using helpers and AI almost impossible.
They do it with the deer they move and have no collisions so I'm sure its possible with traffic but unlikely that it's high on their list of priorities.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I’m assuming the traffic being solid is part of the guts of the game, and changing that code is not worth the effort of digging in.
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Probably didn't dawn on them to do it, like the pedestrians. It's clearly doable.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I like the immersion of having traffic on. I don't like the spawn logic, where I stop at an intersection, look left, look right, look left, all clear, pull out in a really slow tractor or truck, and new traffic has been spawned for me to pull out in front of...
Old fat guy with a day job...