The new update

Beanbrother

The new update

Post by Beanbrother »

I am playing on Edgewater and every day that we go through. I seem to get the notification of a great demand at location X. Did they bring this back in the latest update? I don’t recall seeing it before.
It’s great, but I don’t know what crop the demand is for.
Mesocyclone

Re: The new update

Post by Mesocyclone »

It's not new, had it before a lot of times.

Great Demand is a period of time during which the sale price of a specific product at a specific Sale Point is significantly increased.
You have to scroll through the items to see where the price is the best, even higher then normal.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I’m aware of what it is. But all it says is this location has great demand. I scroll through it, and no crop is any greater than the other ones.

I must not be paying enough attention because I haven’t seen this in 22. It was pretty common in 17. It was kind of a nice addition. Did it go away for 19?
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

It was there in 19. Prior to the last update I had not seen any great demand in 22 except for stones, so they obviously did something in this update to bring it back. I’ve had a few of them pop up, and there was only one I couldn’t find on the list. It popped up while I was sleeping, and I assume it expired before I woke up.

Great demand is indicated by a blue arrow.
There’s no place like utopia.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Yes it is still there. But it depends on the selling station to support this. It is even defined per crop individually. So depending on the map, you might never see a great demand happening.

But so far in FS19 and FS22 I could not find a direct connection between great demand and a significantly higher selling price.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmerKiwi

Post by FarmerKiwi »

It is not new it was there last week so it did not come out with the update
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Would be a nice touch if you were to get a “text message”, saying this place is looking for a wheat and offering this great price
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Beanbrother wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:49 am I’m aware of what it is. But all it says is this location has great demand. I scroll through it, and no crop is any greater than the other ones.

I must not be paying enough attention because I haven’t seen this in 22. It was pretty common in 17. It was kind of a nice addition. Did it go away for 19?
The great demand is the crop in blue you have to scroll all crops to find the blue ones and that will be your great demand crop to sell...and great demand doesn't mean a better price. it just means that place needs that crop real bad for some reason...
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I know what the great demand is. What I am saying is that I don’t recall coming across in 22. Also, there is some kind of “ding” that happens as well now.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I’m also playing on the new Saskie map which has a lot of new crops and now with all of the production chains that it was a lot to scroll through to find the high demand
howey

Post by howey »

I agree with Beanbrother they must of done something with it on this update. Prior to it I never seen it appear on the various maps I have played. I played on Brosum in the past and it never appeared and i'm back on it again now with a new save game and I'm having 1 or 2 great demands appearing every month now.

With the other map I'm playing on (Stone Valley) prior to the update never had a great demand and now afterwards am getting them.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

howey wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:03 am I agree with Beanbrother they must of done something with it on this update. Prior to it I never seen it appear on the various maps I have played. I played on Brosum in the past and it never appeared and i'm back on it again now with a new save game and I'm having 1 or 2 great demands appearing every month now.

With the other map I'm playing on (Stone Valley) prior to the update never had a great demand and now afterwards am getting them.
Are you getting any kind of chime or ding when the demand comes up?
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

well I have always had the great demand before the update.. nothing new for me..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Played on Western Wilds before and after the update. Getting the great demand every day.
howey

Post by howey »

Beanbrother wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:06 am Are you getting any kind of chime or ding when the demand comes up?
Yeah get a sound similar to the one when you change over to the next day/month at midnight. Then it's just a matter of searching the products that the great demand buyer is buying and highlighted by a blue icon.