Blue screen

Decriptus

Blue screen

Post by Decriptus »

Been blue screening a lot since 1.9.....anyone know of any conflicts that could be causing this? On PS4 on all my saves, 30 minutes to an hour in...crash every time. No I haven't tried base map with no mods simply because I don't play that way. It's either a mod or the patch
norfolk farmer

Re: Blue screen

Post by norfolk farmer »

Could well be a mod that needs updating after the patch I've had a few on PC that no longer work nothing as yet that stop the game loading or causing it to crash.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

No error code?
(also, could be an idea to edit the topic title to include gaming system)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Noraf wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:43 pm No error code?
(also, could be an idea to edit the topic title to include gaming system)
He wrote PS4 in his statement
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes, but having it in the topic can draw in other persons with more knowledge about the consoles.....

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

No issues there on PS5. But did you install any mods before this happened?
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

No I didn't get any new mods, I wanted to test the update first. I did however start a new save on a base map with a few mods and have almost 5 hours in with no issues so it has to be mod, just gotta wait for updates from modders... because giants can't make backwards compatible updates....
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Not Giants job to make sure mods work with updates though... Nor any other game developer. Know of several games that from time to time, gets broken mods when the game gets an update. That's the price we pay for using third party modifications to the games.

If a dlc (or a Giants mod) don't work after a patch would be a different issue.
Last edited by Noraf on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

With the amount of mods out there it's little wonder that issues arise after an update, if said update fixes things or brings new functionality to the basegame then I'm ok with waiting for mods to get updated.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Noraf wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:27 pm Not Giants job to make sure mods work with updates though... Nor any other game developer. Know of several games that from time to time, gets broken mods when the game gets an update. That's the price we pay for using third party modifications to the games.

If a dlc (or a Giants mod) don't work after a patch would be a different issue.
Yeah, one of the big differences is other games community members tend to compile a list of broken mods after updates. Maybe we should start one here on the forum. I would but I guess I haven’t found any with this update yet.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 pm With the amount of mods out there it's little wonder that issues arise after an update, if said update fixes things or brings new functionality to the basegame then I'm ok with waiting for mods to get updated.
You ever try getting an update through testing? It’s as hard as originally getting your map passed as they fail it for silly things that it has already been passed on and has included in the modhub, 5 times I tried to get a small update with 2 gate collisions and a few feed triggers widened and failed every time, so I’ve gave up trying and just concentrated on my new map instead
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:38 pm Yeah, one of the big differences is other games community members tend to compile a list of broken mods after updates. Maybe we should start one here on the forum. I would but I guess I haven’t found any with this update yet.
That would only work when modders are actually active on the forums. They only tend to be active on discord/FB.

I messaged a couple modders on here about issues with their mods, but those PM's are still being unread by them.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:17 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 pm With the amount of mods out there it's little wonder that issues arise after an update, if said update fixes things or brings new functionality to the basegame then I'm ok with waiting for mods to get updated.
You ever try getting an update through testing? It’s as hard as originally getting your map passed as they fail it for silly things that it has already been passed on and has included in the modhub, 5 times I tried to get a small update with 2 gate collisions and a few feed triggers widened and failed every time, so I’ve gave up trying and just concentrated on my new map instead
I'm not criticising modders my point was if the game needs an update to improve its functionality then that should be the priority. If modders choose to update then that's great if not it's entirely up to them.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I'm still trying to figure out what functionality we got that anybody was asking for.....
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Mesocyclone wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:27 pm
That would only work when modders are actually active on the forums. They only tend to be active on discord/FB.

I messaged a couple modders on here about issues with their mods, but those PM's are still being unread by them.
That’s not the point, it’s so you can quickly check the list after a new update and find any issues. That way you can choose not to update or remove the mods causing the issue. It’s for the individual user.