Game Freezes Up

nase1

Game Freezes Up

Post by nase1 »

You all need to start testing a mod out really good!!! because I'm getting tired of a mod that freezes my game and I have to go thru all my modes to find which one is causing it you need to make sure that it works before you release it that is why you test it before you let us have it
UncleRico

Re: Game Freezes Up

Post by UncleRico »

Mods conflict with other mods and updates to the base game. There’s no good way to test every mod against every other mod. Have you tested if the mod with no other mods active to see if the issue persists? Also what mod is it?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

They only test one mod in the base game - it's up to you to test it against your (probably) 700 already installed mods.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

It's impossible for giants to test each newly submitted mod with all the other 3500+ mods on modhub.

When using a lot of mods ofcourse mod-conflicts can happen. That why i always play with a less mods as possible, just to be safe.
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

You need to go into C:\Users\your name\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\log.txt. Then open up the log in notepad, go into edit and choose "Find" in the find bar type error then make sure that your cursor is blinking at the top of the log file, then click on the magnifying button, the cursor should go to the nearest error message and highlight it. now look at the lines above the error and you should see the name of an offending mod starting with FS22_, delete that mod then go back to the log file and press F3 this will lead you to the next error message if there is one and follow the same steps until there are no more errors then restart the game if it still crashes look at the new log file and repeat the process until the game works.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I dont know if op is on console or pc, but I find it peculiar that some ppl I know have constant blue screen issues with mods, yet I have my mod folder 94% full on ps4 and have zero issues. Wonder if newer ps4 have different hardware and somethings screwy? His is only a couple years old and mine is 7 or 8 yrs old
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:45 am I dont know if op is on console or pc
I've seen previous post and I believe he is on PC.
So 3rd party mods is an option here as well.

I myself is playing on a PC as well, and never had a blue screen, game crash or anything else.
And I even use 3rd party mods, but I try to keep that at a minimum as I know it can cause a lot of issues with mods that actually get tested by giants on the modhub.

And in my opinion, for pc you have everything you need as well on the modhub. (Scripts etc) to enjoy the game. In that way you don't have issues with the game.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

nase1 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:19 pm You all need to start testing a mod out really good!!! because I'm getting tired of a mod that freezes my game and I have to go thru all my modes to find which one is causing it you need to make sure that it works before you release it that is why you test it before you let us have it
When you are on PC, please post your log here.
So people can try and help locate the issue.
If you don't know how to post the log, here is a how to:
viewtopic.php?t=88665
Also your PC specs would be nice to know. As outdated hardware can cause the freezes as well.