Giants, I feel robbed....

Tazoslo

Giants, I feel robbed....

Post by Tazoslo »

I am playing on a MP server, fairly realistic, 7 days months, time at x1, NO cheat mods. I have just invested in the dairy barn with feeding robot...and I now see that I have been scammed, totally screwed, and would like someone from Giants to actually answer this.

To make it work I have to add mineral feed to the mix, HOWEVER it does NOTHING, not more milk, they dont use less food, the only results is that I have invested €772.000 for a piece of equipment that gives me an extra expense of several thousand each month. I will infact most likely loose money on the cow barn because of this.

Yes I see now that this has been know for a long time, but I didnt know this. I also dont see any clarification about this, why we at all have mineral feed, and why ppl that invest in the robot farm are being screwed.

Looking forward to some answers, because this cant be the way its supposed to work.
Mesocyclone

Re: Giants, I feel robbed....

Post by Mesocyclone »

First i wanna say if you expect giants to answer you, you are at the wrong platform ;)
They rarely answer on their own forum, maybe discord you get a better chance, but im guessing you only get answered by a community member like here, so here am i, a community member, trying to explain.

The feeding robot makes TMR, the mineral feed is PART of TMR, it's in the recipe.
With TMR the productivity is gonna be 100%, so TMR gives you more milk!
For the cows to be fully (100%) productive and give as much milk as they can, you have to feed them Total Mixed Ration (TMR) - consisting of straw, hay, silage and mineral feed.

Yes you can make TMR without mineral feed and you still get TMR when you mix it with a mixing wagon. BUT in order for the robot to work, all 4 ingredients need to be in there.
So basically: with minreal feed now, it saves you time and you dont need to worry about feeding, and yes productivity will be 100% meaning you get the best yield on milk from your cows.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Mineral feed is used to feed cattle in real life, so they made it more realistic by having you add it as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:03 pm Mineral feed is used to feed cattle in real life, so they made it more realistic by having you add it as well.
I think his issue is that he always made TMR without mineral feed with the feeding mixer wagon, now he bought the barn with feeding robot expecting the yield to go higher when adding mineral feed. But TMR with minerals and TMR without minerals are still TMR in game, so yield stays the same.

But yeah i agree that you shouldn't be able to make TMR with the mixing wagon WITHOUT mineral feed. So giants need to fix that.
Tazoslo

Post by Tazoslo »

Mesocyclone wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:17 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:03 pm Mineral feed is used to feed cattle in real life, so they made it more realistic by having you add it as well.
I think his issue is that he always made TMR without mineral feed with the feeding mixer wagon, now he bought the barn with feeding robot expecting the yield to go higher when adding mineral feed.
I have allways made TMR with mineral feed, but it was at levels that the cost wasnt substantial. However in this slowgame, the amount of mineral feed that is needed is very visible, AND the cost of it. Everything you hear about the mineral feed is that it increase the milk production, thats what most people think, including me. When you take the time to look in to it its obvious it doesnt, and thats its just expensive, unnecessary faff...
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Tazoslo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:38 pm I have allways made TMR with mineral feed, but it was at levels that the cost wasnt substantial. However in this slowgame, the amount of mineral feed that is needed is very visible, AND the cost of it. Everything you hear about the mineral feed is that it increase the milk production, thats what most people think, including me. When you take the time to look in to it its obvious it doesnt, and thats its just expensive, unnecessary faff...
Tip then: Dont use the robot, make tmr yourself WITHOUT mineral feed if you dont like it.
It's not the mineral feed that gives more milk, it's the TMR. And that is explained in the tutorial section of the game on the website. And even in the help menu in game.

It states: "You have three options: For the cows to be fully (100%) productive and give as much milk as they can, you have to feed them Total Mixed Ration (TMR) - consisting of straw, hay, silage and mineral feed. You can buy all the ingredients at the dealership.

If you don't have all the ingredients (or the time), you can feed them with grass or hay. By feeding hay, they will still be 80% productive. By feeding them only grass, their productivity drops to 40%.

Does your farm rely heavily on milk production, especially in winter, you should always prepare enough quality food for them to be as productive as they can be."

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=336

But yeah, for some reason you can exploid by not using mineral feed in the mixing wagon and it still gives you TMR by Silage, Hay and Straw.
Unfortunately i believe for the feeding robot to work you need all 4, so i suggest to buy the barn without robot and dont use mineral feed. Solves you issue.

When they fix the mineral feed and you really NEED to add it. It wont give you more milk. So see it now as a cheap way of getting milk as you dont use the realistic way.

Hopefully I did explain it good enough to understand, as English isn't my first language and I'll do my best to explain the best I can.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

In terms of realism, mineral isn't used to increase milk production in a sense. It is used for a numerous of reasons some are: cattle develop a higher resistance against diseases, reach optimal growth, and have an increased reproduction. It also keeps them from riding each other and just overall healthier.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Tazoslo

Post by Tazoslo »

Mesocyclone wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:12 pm so i suggest to buy the barn without robot and dont use mineral feed. Solves you issue.
Well as I said I am on a MP server with a high level of realism, the money is tight, so cant just take a loss of over 300K to change type of barns ...but even easier is to keep the robot farm, but feed them manually :wink3:

Really annyoing thing, and a lot of money out down the drain.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

I understand. You got a PM btw 😉