Exit vehicle to refill

chuck_canada

Exit vehicle to refill

Post by chuck_canada »

Hello All

Has anyone experienced this problem. When I try to refill a tractor with diesel or an attachment like a wagon or tanker I have to first exit the vehicle and reenter the vehicle before I get the option to press "R - to fill"?

I've tried in on the base game map with no mods and get the same result. So I don't think it's any of my mods, but I did use the "Gamedifficulty: Survival" mod in the past but have since removed it. Other than the normal Giants updates I've done nothing out of the normal. Also please note I am playing on PC.

It's gotten to really bother me, and if anyone has an answer I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks all
Mesocyclone

Re: Exit vehicle to refill

Post by Mesocyclone »

If you have tried it on a new save with no mods, i would suggest reporting the bug to giants using this bug report system: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chuck_canada

Post by chuck_canada »

Mesocyclone wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 pm If you have tried it on a new save with no mods, i would suggest rporting the bug to giants using this bug report system: https://feedback.giants-software.com/login_page.php
Yes I tried a new save game on the base game map with no mods and got the same result. I also reported the problem to giants who in turn referred me to this forum.

Thanks
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

chuck_canada wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:30 pm Yes I tried a new save game on the base game map with no mods and got the same result. I also reported the problem to giants who in turn referred me to this forum.

Thanks
Really? lol, well they need to fix all the stuff that got broken since patch 1.9 not us on the forum :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

To this forum? Or the Bug-tracker section of it?
Would probably also have been better in the technical support part.

Could you share your log from when you try it without mods?

How-to in my signature
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

"We don't know what's wrong with our game , maybe the community has a workaround for you" lol
chuck_canada

Post by chuck_canada »

Noraf wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:47 pm To this forum? Or the Bug-tracker section of it?
Would probably also have been better in the technical support part.

Could you share your log from when you try it without mods?

How-to in my signature
Hi

Attached is the log when starting the game with no mods and on base game map. Let me know if you see anything that might be helpful.

You will see there are a number of "Available mods" however when I start the game I deselect all the mods.
NoRefillLog.txt
Log file on base map all mods de-selected
(83.63 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Thanks
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yes, but the game still reads the mods, even if you don't load them up.
Quick way to test with no mods is to just rename the modsfolder (add an x or something to it's name)
That way the game won't read any mods.

I'll have a look trough the log, and check it tomorrow

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

chuck_canada

Post by chuck_canada »

Noraf wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:32 am Yes, but the game still reads the mods, even if you don't load them up.
Quick way to test with no mods is to just rename the modsfolder (add an x or something to it's name)
That way the game won't read any mods.

I'll have a look trough the log, and check it tomorrow
I was thinking the same thing after I had posted my original response with the log file. So I went back and renamed the mods folder and tried the game again. It was on the base game map and with only in game vehicles. I still had the same issue. It's like there is some sort of a hidden setting somewhere.
Thanks for you efforts so far, I certainly appreciate it.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Log doesn't show anything much unfortunately.
But try this : in the my documents/ my games/ farming simulator folder, delete/rename or remove the game.xml and Gamesettings.xml files, and try again.

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

chuck_canada

Post by chuck_canada »

Noraf wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:43 pm Log doesn't show anything much unfortunately.
But try this : in the my documents/ my games/ farming simulator folder, delete/rename or remove the game.xml and Gamesettings.xml files, and try again.
I deleted both the game.xml and the gamesettings.xml.

It worked if I started a new game. However if I then saved the game and then came back the same issue happened. I would have to exit the vehicle anytime I wanted to fill.

Very close, I just can figure out where it's picking this up from.

Thanks for the help so far I appreciate it
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

It is most likely a keybind conflict. ie you have more than one game function set to the R key and hence you are not getting the option you expect when you expect. I suggest looking through your keybinds for all the functions that are assigned to R. It should help you figure out which mods are creating the underlying issue.
chuck_canada

Post by chuck_canada »

Steel_Horse wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:48 am It is most likely a keybind conflict. ie you have more than one game function set to the R key and hence you are not getting the option you expect when you expect. I suggest looking through your keybinds for all the functions that are assigned to R. It should help you figure out which mods are creating the underlying issue.
I had thought the same thing. So I searched both through the game key binding screen, and via text editor on the file itself. I only came up with one binding for "R" which is fill.

If there is anything else you can think of please let me know.

Thanks
chuck_canada

Post by chuck_canada »

Hello All

Well I think I solved the problem. I had a keyboard mapping of "R" for refill. I also had a key on my steering wheel map for refill. When I removed the key binding for the key on the steering wheel everything worked fine.
I had assumed as long as the keys were different ("R" key vs steering wheel button) everything would be fine. A case of live and learn I guess.

Thanks to everyone who comment and tried to help. I was greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

You could go back to Giants and tell them you followed their suggestion to ask the community, but had no success.
Then you could ask them to actually put some effort into helping you, rather than dismissing you.

Edit: I guess the community was more helpful than Giants after all.