Landscaping and the broken sculpting tool

Frag

Landscaping and the broken sculpting tool

Post by Frag »

Hi everyone,

as you probably know there is a serious bug in the sculpting tool that will prevent you from time to time to change the shape of the landscape. For example, you will try to flatten a bump in the field, which will refuse to move ... whatever you do.

I am stumbling on that bug more and more and now I am at the point where it completely ruins one of my farms.

I have aworkaround that work from time to time... but not always.

- A place a decoration or a small shed over the area. Sometime it will flatten the broken area and after reselling the structure, then I can change its shape.

Anyone found a trick or a mod that fix this, even though it requires me to play in the giant editor. That bug really ruins it for me ...
Mesocyclone

Re: Landscaping and the broken sculpting tool

Post by Mesocyclone »

I use landscaping a lot and havent got this issue. Maybe you got a mod conflict going on.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

The only time I get that is if I have the player character too close to the area I am trying to change.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
CiaFromTheAlps

Post by CiaFromTheAlps »

The landscaping tools are clunky, but with bit of practise they do the job. Usually I use it only flattening and the game kind of knows, do I want up or down. Allways square shape decent size and save before action. Things that prevent tool, anything in ground: grass, straw, wood, stump, branch.. One time I could not level the field is a mystery. It is possible that I drove over rock pile with forestry mulcher and somehow that plowed the rocks in to the field and made permanent bump. That was so annoying, I made it POI and planted four trees in a square in the middle of the field :) Actually it is quite nice. Map: Silverrun Forest, Plot 36 (next to the shop).
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

The FS19 landscaping tool was much better than FS22 version in my opinion, the smoothing feature is way worse than the old version
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw