Enhanced animal system

norfolk farmer

Enhanced animal system

Post by norfolk farmer »

If the creator of this mod happens to be on here, I was a big fan of your mod before yesterdays update and what you have now added to it has made a great mod even better *thumbsup*

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
blue_painted

Re: Enhanced animal system

Post by blue_painted »

I tried the new version on my "Hay and horses" savegame and all my horses vanished!

A quick "Are you sure you want to quit without saving!"
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

That's a pity Hope you had a backup, I started a new savegame I'll try adding it to an old game later and see what happens though it won't have horses as I refuse to have them on any saves as I've never had a good experience in real life with either horses or their owners and I hold a grudge against them :mrgreen:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:15 pm That's a pity Hope you had a backup, I started a new savegame I'll try adding it to an old game later and see what happens though it won't have horses as I refuse to have them on any saves as I've never had a good experience in real life with either horses or their owners and I hold a grudge against them :mrgreen:
I do have backups but I was able to quit without saving so didn't need any this time. I'm going to duplicate the savegame after work and see if I can track down what happened and if it's possible to add the mod then reinstate the horses after the first save.

I only run Farm Sim horses with Horse Helper or similar because I too have had issues with real life horses, or rather real-life horse people!

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
jack_fisherking

Post by jack_fisherking »

Have you tried to use it together with Maize Plus?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I think my issue is that the animal types have been changed to bring in male, female and young animals, so my savegame animals do not exist in the new scheme. I might work around this by rebuying the horses and then edit the placables.xml to get the ages and names back, and of course refund myself for the money.

If it works I will always be using MaizePlus, very much one of the "must have" mods for me.

jack_fisherking

Post by jack_fisherking »

Maize Plus and the addon is must for me to but it might be a problem with males and young animals etc since MP is altering how much they eat with different age etc. Maybe its doable to edit MP and add new breads. I have already edited some things in MP.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I added it to a savegame which just had cows on it and no problems so far, as for Maize plus it's also on that game so I'll see how it goes. I did play Ballyspring which included extra animals and had no issue with Maize plus.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:52 pm I added it to a savegame which just had cows on it and no problems so far, as for Maize plus it's also on that game so I'll see how it goes. I did play Ballyspring which included extra animals and had no issue with Maize plus.
Or just random walk, so the animals bounce off the fences and each other, then no need for nav mesh.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:08 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:52 pm I added it to a savegame which just had cows on it and no problems so far, as for Maize plus it's also on that game so I'll see how it goes. I did play Ballyspring which included extra animals and had no issue with Maize plus.
Or just random walk, so the animals bounce off the fences and each other, then no need for nav mesh.
I'm guessing that is a reply to what I said in the other thread.
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:34 pm I tried the new version on my "Hay and horses" savegame and all my horses vanished!

A quick "Are you sure you want to quit without saving!"
Yeah, It did that with me when I tried it on a existing save that had sheep & cows, I lost all the Brown Swiss cows I had and lost 2/3rd of the sheep various breeds, so it does seem that certain breeds are lost since they aren't covered by the mod.

None the less it is an excellent mod.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:44 am
Meh :( my bad, that's exactly what I did.

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:17 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:44 am

Meh :( my bad, that's exactly what I did.
Glad I'm not the only one easily confused by technology :lol:
Izzyrad

Post by Izzyrad »

I have issue with vanishing sheep from 242 before update now I only have 61 animals in my pen. Does anyone have any advice how to fix it without rebuying animals.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Izzyrad wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:33 am I have issue with vanishing sheep from 242 before update now I only have 61 animals in my pen. Does anyone have any advice how to fix it without rebuying animals.
Unless you got a savegame that you can reverse back to, unfortunately I believe you can't.

Because of the "new" animals script you probably had a lot of young sheep. Because the game can't change them into lambs you lost them and have to build up again.