Thoughts on future installments

Das Forum für Fragen und Diskussionen rund um die Mobile Titel des Landwirtschafts-Simulators.
Philipmp12

Thoughts on future installments

Post by Philipmp12 »

:!: So, I am fairly new to farming simulator, and am playing it with my 5 y/o son since December of last year. We learned about it from watching a father-son pair play it on YouTube. When I found out what game it was that they were playing I decided to purchase farming simulator, but for the Nintendo switch not understanding that a lot of what they were playing were mods on a computer platform. So unfortunately that also means that a lot of the features that really interested my son while watching, are not necessarily available on this mobile platform through the switch. With that being said, he does still very much enjoy seeing new machinery when we purchase it, especially the tractors and harvesters. I do wish that we had access to mods on mobile platforms, but I understand that there are limitations.
With that being said, I am very happy to see that many of the features that were introduced into farming simulator 22 are going to be brought into 23… we are already planning on purchasing it when it comes out. I understand that there probably will not be mods once again, so I just wanted to make a few suggestions for the game moving forward, which may be implemented through mods on future computer iterations, and/or eventually implemented into the next mobile platform iteration, hopefully.
So I live in a coastal town here in the United States, and we have a small airport near where I live. When I pass by in the morning, I noticed that one of the machines looks much like the New Holland harvester that is in farming Sim 20, however with a sweeper attachment in order to clean the runways. So this got me thinking, especially as whether/seasons may be introduced into the game… As a way to make money during the winter season when not many crops are being harvested, could a small airport be incorporated into the map, so that you can use tools to help maintain the runways/grounds. I'm guessing that tractors could also receive attachments to assist with snowblowing/plowing. Also, water is used as a border in farming Sim 20… And I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if some of this water was used for… Fish farming. Again, shellfish are very often farmed, and much salmon I know is also typically farm raised… In any case, sea life farming could be a new feature introduced into the game moving forward. When you combine these two aspects, I also figured that a new map could be introduced in future installments, where it could be like coastal United States such as Maine (where blueberry farming and honey farming could also become introduced while incorporating airport maintenance and lobster fishing specific to that region)… Or some thing like the Pacific Northwest where salmon fishing would be more common and these other features could still be introduced… Forestry could still be a main focus, and the other thing that you can consider with the Pacific Northwest is the idea of fire fighting through plane/helicopter drops, especially since it's so common up there, and we would be introducing airports.
Hope everyone enjoys these suggestions, please feel free to build off of it, and I hope the devs at Giants are keeping an eye on the farms! Thanks!