To all the map makers

Earnest Pea

Re: To all the map makers

Post by Earnest Pea »

I've noticed that maps with relight are generally oversaturated. As a result, I avoid new maps with relight.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Samsung 42". Covid special at best buy lol. It shows up awesome on every other game and as I said earlier, I'm on Bloomfield and although the contrast is approaching too much under "game" preset, its just about perfect. Griffin was ok but way too dark. Stone Valley looks the same as Bloomfield. Also I'm on ps4 with a hard copy of the game.

Griffin overall was dark with high contrast. I dunno and am curious what lighting I prefer. I thought Griffin was switched to relight but now I'm thinking Stone Valley and Bloomfield have relight. In which case I would be for relight maps.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Great lighting maps are of course calmsden and a hidden gem is southern cross station, the lighting on that map is amazing
Mary Of Bethany

Post by Mary Of Bethany »

Maybe post a screenshot from a relight map, and one without.
Even better, Decriptus upload a screenshot of Iowa Plains and Urinal2001 upload a screenshot of Iowa Plains. It would be interesting to see the difference.
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

I was having the same problems on piney run playing on ps5 went into the options menu on the start off game and lowered the brightness to 1.0 took few attempts starting the game then quitting till I got it right . I do have to adjust this setting if I take console to the other tv in the house hope this helps could be worth a try
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Telling people to adjust settings on their TV or display to make it look good with a specific map is a nonsense idea.

Would you do the same for a movie or a tv series?

This is exactly why there are standards to follow and adhere to.

It is a bit harder with video games as you'd normally not measure and analyze the signal like with movies and tv-production. And I bet most don't even know there are given standards.

Is it not a standalone mod now though, so the map maker does not really need to add it to their map, but let the player decide whether to use it?
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Mary Of Bethany wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:26 pm Even better, Decriptus upload a screenshot of Iowa Plains and Urinal2001 upload a screenshot of Iowa Plains. It would be interesting to see the difference.
This is a great suggestion, just to see the difference we are all seemingly getting. I just wish I had seen it over the weekend. Will try and get a screenshot tonight after work.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

olahaldor wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:29 am

Is it not a standalone mod now though, so the map maker does not really need to add it to their map, but let the player decide whether to use it?
I believe that it is a mod for PC, personally I am not a fan of it either for me in certain times of the day it does vastly improve the lighting but the majority of the time that is not the case. The best lighting for me is Calmsden and I use that for all maps I play.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Mary Of Bethany wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:26 pm Even better, Decriptus upload a screenshot of Iowa Plains and Urinal2001 upload a screenshot of Iowa Plains. It would be interesting to see the difference.
Apologies for the delay, took a while to get to it. Please excuse the potential lower quality of the screenshot, I didn't have a usb on hand to export the image to from the console, so had to share it to Twitter and get it that way. Crazy. Either way, I tried to get a couple of shots of basegame equipment at the starting farm, and tried to capture both bright lights and shadows as that was things people spoke about. Would love to see a comparison from someone who has bad experience of the relight effects.

Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Maybe these map makers use relight in their maps because that’s the way they want their map to look and to remove relight to please one person and disappoint the other 100k people just doesn’t really make sense
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:50 pm Maybe these map makers use relight in their maps because that’s the way they want their map to look and to remove relight to please one person and disappoint the other 100k people just doesn’t really make sense
Why dont you just delete this comment. It serves no benefit to the conversation and is full of conjecture.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Lazarus99 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:56 am
Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:50 pm Maybe these map makers use relight in their maps because that’s the way they want their map to look and to remove relight to please one person and disappoint the other 100k people just doesn’t really make sense
Why dont you just delete this comment. It serves no benefit to the conversation and is full of conjecture.
It’s just when making a map we get a lot of people coming at us from different angles pushing their own view on how we should be making the map to please them and totally missing the point, we makes maps that we want to see in the game the way we like them and then most of us share them to modhub for others to play if they want to, wasn’t trying to cause any hurt or annoyance to anyone, was just trying to show that it’s not always about trying to please others, that’s all, sorry if I upset anyone 👍👍
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:57 am
It’s just when making a map we get a lot of people coming at us from different angles pushing their own view on how we should be making the map to please them and totally missing the point, we makes maps that we want to see in the game the way we like them and then most of us share them to modhub for others to play if they want to, wasn’t trying to cause any hurt or annoyance to anyone, was just trying to show that it’s not always about trying to please others, that’s all, sorry if I upset anyone 👍👍
You're good I just was having a hard time discerning whether you're genuine or just being a smart guy wrecking the thread lol. I do agree that the few cannot be leading around the Map makers. On the flip side this opens another door of issues with ratings and download information. This is kind of wonky how it is that if I download a mod it shows that I downloaded it but it does not separate whether I kept that mod or downloaded it and deleted at within 15 minutes. Also the rating system is less than desirable I could download an awesome map but if the lighting's off without a comment section it would be irresponsible of me to rate it lowly just because of one little lighting issue but also it's not being truthful by giving them 5 stars when something's off. I know that some map makers would be very open to changing something such as lighting if they knew it was an issue plaguing console users. Anyway that's enough of that I guess lol
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

100% Agree! Thankfully I play on PC and can disable relight. It literally gives me a migraine.
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

DMZ Commander wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:40 pm I'm on PC running a 3090 through a Neo G9 and I concur with relight being too bright for my sensitive peepers to enjoy. I do run a considerable amount of mods though.
I think that some users should have their eyes checked first, I am 38 years old, and I suffer from myopia, which is nothing more than the entry of too much light and when there is a lot of it, is annoying to watch the TV or Monitor with HDR, it happens to me with a Samsung AU7000 55", up close I see it fine, but at medium-far distance, when there is a background or white light, it is a nuisance, on the PC I have an old 32" TCL TV, and I have no problems with it, although it It's not HDR, it looks pretty good from any distance.

Users should try different configurations, to see which configuration suits their eyesight.....