To all the map makers

Decriptus

To all the map makers

Post by Decriptus »

Please for the love of all that's holy....stop using relight on console maps...I'm begging you. Its to bright and ruins otherwise great maps,. I've uninstalled 3 maps now that I've had 100+ hours on because of the over the top brightness. I'll go through modhub looking for new maps and as soon as I see "relight" I move on. There's no workaround for this on console.
Urinal2001

Re: To all the map makers

Post by Urinal2001 »

I'm going to deliberately seek out a map that has this tonight, as I genuinely dont know what this looks like. I play on PS5 and have never noticed a lighting problem on any of the many maps I've tried. Possibly none of them have it enabled, but you make it sound like most maps do.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Unless you’re playing on a tube tv or 50 dollar Black Friday special most TVs have presets for different applications and most I’ve used have a “dark mode” for just the issue you’re concerned about. Outside of that you have the regular TV settings.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

What lighting does Griffin have? It's way too dark for any of my settings. Bloomfield and Stone Valley look awesome. I was thinking relight made things darker/high contrast
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I don't know what lighting Griffin has, but it did seem very dark to me. I thought maybe it was just me so I adjusted the settings on my tv to brighten it up.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Jalars86 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:52 pm I don't know what lighting Griffin has, but it did seem very dark to me. I thought maybe it was just me so I adjusted the settings on my tv to brighten it up.
I tried that too but everything looked so washed out. I started over on Bloomfield. I'm over only using maps that ai drivers work. Edgewater and Richlands need updates before I'll invest my time.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Iowa plains, Riverview and the one that got updates today are 3 of them that I've stopped playing because of it. And as I stated, if it says it has relight in the description I won't download and there are a few more
Last edited by Decriptus on Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

Im on PS5 I've had the same issues on my maps I played Iowa map I had 200 hrs on I quit playing due to relight east Vineland NJ I quit due to this and a few other I can remember off hand but I totally agree it white washes the map when you move the camera around and nthn I've had tried will fix the issue
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Okay, so its interesting that two people now have mentioned Iowa Plains. I play that map, a lot, and have never had issues or problems with the lighting (in fact, one of the reasons ive played it so long IS the lighting and how vibrant the colours are).

So just by process of elimination we can rule out the issue being either the map or the PS5, alone or in combination, because other people report that it looks just fine.

The only variables i can think of are a particular mod combination, which seems very unlikely, or the monitor/screen it is being displayed on. Is it possible that you havent set up your screen, or the signal that the consoles sends to the screen, in the optimum way? With so many different features and settings on modern screens, not to mention the different outputs that a console can be set up to put out, its quite plausible. Is it worth playing around with, or have you already exhausted all those options?
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

It could just be TV's honestly. I don't have some fancy expensive TV but I also don't have the cheapest one on the wall Lol. But I know for a fact that I have no options or combinations on my TV to change certain maps to be bright enough yet not washed out
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

How about at the console end of things then? I know for example that when trying to get the absolute best image quality for a different game a while back, I realised that the HDR setting made a LOT of difference to the colour balance, almost like looking at the screen through some old net curtains it was that washed out. If you can eliminate those kinds of things though, I'm all out of ideas I'm afraid!
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Its not the tv or the console or any settings....every map or other game I play looks like it's supposed to. Only the maps on fs22 that have relight on them are way to bright. I've been playing video games for the better part of 4 decades, I know when something is different but thanks for your input
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Well as I say, when other users with the same map on the same system do not have the same problem, the difference can only be on your end. So let's replicate the circumstances and see if we can figure it out.

For my part, I can tell you that I am on PS5, with the digital version of FS22, and I have just loaded into the map 'East Vineland NJ' which got updated today to add relight, and I am running no other mods. And it looks amazing quite honestly. The colours are bold and bright and shsdows are just right.

If you, or someone else with the same issue, can recreate this exact scenario, we can rule out (or confirm) that the problem is on that side of the equation.

My money personally is still on it being a certain HDR setting within the console, as it sounds very like issues I had when GT7 launched, but let's eliminate the other stuff first.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I would be curious what brand of tv and how old the people having the issue vs the folks not having the issues. It’s seems it obviously has something to do with relight. Do certain brands just display different things differently possibly? Seems like it would be a heavily complained about issue if it occurred often.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I'm on PC running a 3090 through a Neo G9 and I concur with relight being too bright for my sensitive peepers to enjoy. I do run a considerable amount of mods though.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9