Greenriver update

razrbx

Greenriver update

Post by razrbx »

Greenriver just posted an update which I stupidly downloaded. Now all the trees I removed are back (like in the middle of a cow barn), the fields I stitched together are reset, my silage is all gone. Is there anyway to reverse this? The update reads that it requires a new game save. Not really sure what that means.
UncleRico

Re: Greenriver update

Post by UncleRico »

That means you need to start over with a complete new play through or a new “save” as it’s more commonly known. Basically there’s been major changes that will ruin an existing play through if the map is updated. The only thing you can really do is try to track down a previous version of the map if you’re on pc. On console you’re screwed once you press update button, sorry if that’s the case.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Usually updating a map will cause issues on existing savegames.

I just checked the change log and it does not mention updating will require a new savegame.

The maker might not have been aware it would require a new savegame either, this not warned the players about it.

Any time a map changes ground textures, heightmap/terrain, foliage and trees it will require a new savegame to see the changes.

And like you discovered, "old trees I've cut will come back".
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

olahaldor wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:24 am I just checked the change log and it does not mention updating will require a new savegame.
You might have missed it then mate. Maybe because the new changelog is between 2 older ones.

olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

HA! Look at that. I didn't spot it either on my phone this morning.