Rotate crane tool not smooth after update 1.9.1.0

4fun

Rotate crane tool not smooth after update 1.9.1.0

Post by 4fun »

Hi,

I need help to fix the rotating tool issue I'm experiencing because it's a game changer for me. Before it was rotating nice and smooth but now it tries to apply force differently on the joints and results in the crane behaving the same as VOLVO L200H did since begining of platinium(because there is one command missing as in real life when it rotates it also pushes a little to the sides when we should have a different command for that since we got unused crane commands for it and same as was an issue but later fixed for the IMPEX Hannibal T50).

Best wishes
Mesocyclone

Re: Rotate crane tool not smooth after update 1.9.1.0

Post by Mesocyclone »

It's a known bug giants need to fix, it happens to all cranes, so also basegame cranes.

4fun

Post by 4fun »

After many failed attempts I managed to go back to the previous patch update 1.9.0.0 but now I can't find my server nor 99.9% of the other servers on multiplayer so I guess is only compatible with the same update servers so this is not a fix.

Please Giants do something about these joints issue so we may use the cranes like before at least or even better by adding extra controls for the Platinum L200H which should have an extra command on the crane controls for the angle position not just the turning of the crane, we should be able to tilt/angle it a little as in real life. Now we control lift/lower, backwards/forwards, left/right with mention that this applies force uneavenly on the joints which results into a small tilt angle but we should have a different/extra command for this.

Keep up the good work
Cheers.

edit: running mac os x and after deciding to go back to the latest update patch again(1.9.1.0) for multiplayer access, I had the surprise I couldn't find the release in the Branch selection. It ends with the 1.9.0.0.

Verify installation didn't help, when getting information from the update server no issue is found(I did got a message when eventually I managed to go back to previous update patch that the patch is old which I ignored in order to successfully install it).

I used my purchase password to get branches but that didn't help either to find the latest version in branches selection. I tried going back to default branch selection but all the update servers were down so I ended up downloading the game again from: https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php
with the latest 1.9.1.0 version which is 14.5GB and now I'm sorry I took all this trouble to go around the crane issue when I could have just ignored the issue and play the game. Also it took longer to find a fix because I am running mobile data and Wi-Fi is not available every day for me.
Last edited by 4fun on Sun May 07, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Also I find if you go back to 1.9.0.0 you can't use new maps, and some new mods that come out.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Correct, needs to be same game version.
New mods usually also requires new version, as the mod tells the game what is the minimum version number it will run on
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
drdoanca

Post by drdoanca »

Can confirm it is not working. PS4.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Will it ever be fixed?
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

mikejl46 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:55 pm Will it ever be fixed?
Yeah, like always with the upcoming update. That will be around the next DLC release. So mid 2023 as that is planned on the season pass 2. When it's not game breaking(crashing your game) giants won't hotfix so need to wait unfortunately, even tho it's unplayable. But its not crashing your game.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I guess I will hang out in 1.9.0 for a while.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Anyone tried the beta, and checked if this is fixed in that?
I know the beta is for fsl, but they might have thrown in some fixes aswell?

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

drdoanca

Post by drdoanca »

Mesocyclone wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:04 pm
mikejl46 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:55 pm Will it ever be fixed?
Yeah, like always with the upcoming update. That will be around the next DLC release. So mid 2023 as that is planned on the season pass 2. When it's not game breaking(crashing your game) giants won't hotfix so need to wait unfortunately, even tho it's unplayable. But its not crashing your game.
It did crash mine today while using the crane. It really *censored*.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

drdoanca wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:24 pm It did crash mine today while using the crane. It really *censored*.
Then report it using their bug report system and let.them know you are not happy!
Link can be found in my signature below 👇⬇️

Need to wait for an update anyways before it's getting fixed. Welcome to Giants.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The esports beta is based on 1.9.1 and does not contain the physics fix for the cranes.
The update with this fix is currently in testing and will mostly likely be released early June.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

*thumbsup*

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

4fun

Post by 4fun »

GIANTS YOU FIXED IT!

With the new patch update 1.10.1.1 it runs and looks/feels better than before. I much appreciate your help