Issue on steam, ps5 controller and DS4 window

SonoKinoko

Issue on steam, ps5 controller and DS4 window

Post by SonoKinoko »

Hi there

I'm having an issue playing on steam using a ps4 or ps5 controller. The games always recognize the controller as xbox, displaying the wrong key inputs.

aftert extensive test, I found out that the best option is to disable the steam input and use DS4 window, BUT that cause a double input situation in steam. As I'm trying to play on big picture (pc is connected directly to tv, and I tend to have no keyboard or mouse nearby), the situation is getting out of hand.

why FS22 on steam doesn't recognize the ps5 controller?
why is not possible to manually set up the controller key display? (I found interesting there is an option for showing "pc" or "controller" buttons, wouldn't be nice if you can choose ps or xbox controller?)

thanks!
Mesocyclone

Re: Issue on steam, ps5 controller and DS4 window

Post by Mesocyclone »

I don't use PS5 controller on steam but a Google search showed me hundreds results on using the PS5 controller on steam. And how to setup YT videos. You might wanna try that first.

Edit: and I remember having those controller option in your steam. When I selected my Xbox controller I noticed there was ps controller support as well.

If you already tried that you might wanna try steam support.
SonoKinoko

Post by SonoKinoko »

thank you for your answer. yep, writing here was done after an insane amount of time spent googling and searching for answer. the fact that there is such an extensive literature on the topic doesn't help though. What it suppose to work for others, doesn't work for me.

Just to recap, there are several way to achieve the solution, but all goes with a workaround which, in a way or another, doesn't really solve the problem of having a smooth experience. what is infuriating is that the game, launched as standalone (as I have it as well) recognize the ps4/ps5 controller just fine!
Michael2k

Post by Michael2k »

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this enabled the steam input for PS controllers.
https://thegeekpage.com/steam-does-not- ... ontroller/