The problem with Logitech G Farm Simulator Side Panel Control Deck in FS 22

tomashined

The problem with Logitech G Farm Simulator Side Panel Control Deck in FS 22

Post by tomashined »

Hello. I have a few small issues with Farming Simulator 22 and Side Panel from Logitech G Farm Simulator Heavy Equipment Bundle.
Firstly, in the game settings it is called "XINPUT_GAMEPAD" instead of "Side Panel ...", although in the device settings in Windows the name is correct.
Secondly, when you press the joystick switch button or rotate the wheel (buttons 26 and 27), axis 1 (LS-X) turns to the left and does not release, which is why the character is constantly moving to the left in the game. The axis falls into place only when the joystick switch button is pressed, although the axis should only be active while the joystick is moving. In the Windows settings in the calibration settings, everything works stably, which means that the problem is in the game.

Image from settings
https://imgur.com/a/m1Mn6v1
Krystian123k

Re: The problem with Logitech G Farm Simulator Side Panel Control Deck in FS 22

Post by Krystian123k »

I’m having the same issue I’ve had the saitek version of the side panel and it worked perfectly fine but as soon as I got the Logitech version it has done it since so hopefully someone can help us out and tell us how to fix it unless you have managed to do it then please share it with me
CaptainNonsense

Post by CaptainNonsense »

Hey gang!

I am not sure if you are both using steam or not but im currently using steam and was having the same problem. the moment i touched the mode button on the joystick it was infinitely stuck on moving left for some reason. After digging around, i found a steam forum post that sounded similar and they pointed out a possible compatibility issue with the steam controller layout. I disabled it and now my side panel works like normal again! heres steps below of how i did this.

1. Activate steam "Big Picture Mode" (Its a small box at the top right with arrows pointing in opposite corners)
2. Click on Farming Simulator 22 in the main menu
3. Click the gear icon to the right (should be next to a controller button)
4. Click on 'Properties'
5. Click on 'Controller'
6. There should be a drop down menu above the 'Steam Input Status' window
7. Click the drop-down and select "Disable Steam Input"

Now close out of steam entirely and restart, then boot up Farming Simulator 22. This SHOULD fix that stuck input problem. Hope this helps!
KevinBC

Post by KevinBC »

I was having trouble using this method since I had purchased FS22 through the Giants website instead of Steam. After some digging through the steam app, I managed to figure out this method does work, but you must add FS22 to your steam library as a "Non-Steam Game" if you did not purchase the game through Steam.

1. Open steam app
2. Go to Settings
3. Click into Library
4. Near the bottom, Click 'Add a Non-Steam Game'
5. In a pop-up window, Select the program 'Farming Simulator 22'
6. Continue with steps provided by CaptainNonsense below.

This seems to have fixed my issue with button 13 having a mind of its own. I noticed that for some reason I have to make sure to click the Exit button in the drop down menu in the top left corner to fully have no more interference between steam and the side panel.
CaptainNonsense wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:48 pm Hey gang!

I am not sure if you are both using steam or not but im currently using steam and was having the same problem. the moment i touched the mode button on the joystick it was infinitely stuck on moving left for some reason. After digging around, i found a steam forum post that sounded similar and they pointed out a possible compatibility issue with the steam controller layout. I disabled it and now my side panel works like normal again! heres steps below of how i did this.

1. Activate steam "Big Picture Mode" (Its a small box at the top right with arrows pointing in opposite corners)
4. Click on 'Properties'
5. Click on 'Controller'

Now close out of steam entirely and restart, then boot up Farming Simulator 22. This SHOULD fix that stuck input problem. Hope this helps!
Shubes

Post by Shubes »

CaptainNonsense wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:48 pm Hey gang!

4. Click on 'Properties'
5. Click on 'Controller'

I'm not sure about the Logitech G but this solution worked beautifully to get Farm Simulator 22 to recognize my DualShock 4 Controller. Thank you for sharing this!