Dedicated Server lag

CrypticFall

Dedicated Server lag

Post by CrypticFall »

Hello all! I am hosting a dedicated fs22 session in my home on the following:

32gbs of RAM
1tb of drive space (RAID10 with 10k spinners)
2.30Ghz E5-2699 8 core
AT&T fiber with 1000up/down

The make up of the client machines is:

Myself: Xbox one
friend: xbox series s
friend xbox series x
friend: custom built pc, i7, 3060, 16gb ram, SSD

Myself and 3 other people starting an elmcreek map last night, with only the gov sub mod, and it ran really well for about 2.5 - 3 hours. After that, lag started to pickup for everyone besides the PC player. Was getting 100-200ms with spikes in the 1000-2000 if I was driving a mack truck with a load for example. Someone got off and it was slightly better, but still noticeably bad. I got on earlier the next day by myself and was getting between 50-75ms of lag just driving and rolling things like that with spikes above 100ms . Restarted the server, and went down the 30-40ms (which is ideal i assume), and then averaged between 50-55 while doing farm work.

So I don't have a reason to believe its the server based off the rentals ive seen, if need be I can expand it out but I'm not convinced its the problem. I'm not surprised im lagging since i have the oldest client of the bunch, but the series S and especially X feels weird that there is bad latency there. I've seen some people on reddit mention the game wasn't ported over correctly to consoles, but I don't have any evidence of that. Any thoughts on where I can troubleshoot next or where the problem lies?