AMERICAN FARMLANDS - CROP COLOR

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
JamesTB

AMERICAN FARMLANDS - CROP COLOR

Post by JamesTB »

Hopefully this is the right site to post this.

Have started harvesting Oats on American Farmlands map. The fields are showing up as green rather than yellow when ripe. Just wondering if there is a way to correct this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
LS-Lara

Re: AMERICAN FARMLANDS - CROP COLOR

Post by LS-Lara »

Hmm ... minHarvestingGrowthState for oat was lowered from 5 to 4 in this map. So now there are two "ripe" stages where you can harvest oat. First one is green (which is normally the last "in growth" state) and next one will the the expected yellow as it would usually look like.

Maybe this was done for some playstyle reasons in oat handling ? Could be the green stage is intended for cutting it down with a mower or forage harvester (because also the fruitTypeCoverters are altered to give GRASS_WINDROW instead of CHAFF / STRAW) and the yellow stage is to get the grain. But you can still get grain in the green state already - IDK if this is something working in RL as well ?

Anyway - you can either wait for the next growth stage, or you can look into the "maps_fruitTypes.xml" of the map and change it back as it is in the original game.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
JamesTB

Re: AMERICAN FARMLANDS - CROP COLOR

Post by JamesTB »

Thanks for the reply. With this map I run a 5 day per month because I have some pretty large fields (8 in total). So I am now on day 2 of July and still green but I can live with that.