Draw Area for AI Fieldwork (Useful for more specific and faster AI work assignment)

johndc_92

Draw Area for AI Fieldwork (Useful for more specific and faster AI work assignment)

Post by johndc_92 »

Hello. I would like to propose a feature that would allow users to draw an area for the AI fieldwork. This will be very useful in making a more specific fieldwork instruction than just letting the AI go from the regular A to B programmed location.

This will also make the work easier and faster considering that there are no need for additional workarounds. The only thing the user has to do is draw a shape around the area that is allowed and the AI will do its regular job but with just minor area restrictions made by the user.

Thank you.

Ashtooth

Re: Draw Area for AI Fieldwork (Useful for more specific and faster AI work assignment)

Post by Ashtooth »

What specific instructions would you want to give them for the restricted area?

I could see it being useful for creating a new field or cutting grass.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
JensChrDK

Re: Draw Area for AI Fieldwork (Useful for more specific and faster AI work assignment)

Post by JensChrDK »

Since there are so many problems in AI detecting the field boundaries - if one don't do a couple of headlands first, the AI has been known for continuing on the neighbouring fields - this could be an awesome feature.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
johndc_92

Post by johndc_92 »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:38 am What specific instructions would you want to give them for the restricted area?

I could see it being useful for creating a new field or cutting grass.
I forgot to specify. You are right it is mainly about fieldworks like plowing and mowing. Cultivating, seeding and other tasks might also benefit from this.
Last edited by johndc_92 on Tue May 30, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
johndc_92

Post by johndc_92 »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:07 pm Since there are so many problems in AI detecting the field boundaries - if one don't do a couple of headlands first, the AI has been known for continuing on the neighbouring fields - this could be an awesome feature.
That was the main issue I had. I am planning to keep some areas on the field for adding buildings and open areas for parking and storage. The current AI has a lot of potential, it just needs some assistance from the user and I believe this might be a very useful way of guiding it and make it perform tasks more specificly than just steamrolling everything in the field.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

On PC you can do this with Courseplay.