Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Dim67

Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Post by Dim67 »

Hay and forage pack?

Not sure what the deal is, but do we really need more mowing equipment? There are plenty of mowers, tedders, windrowers and foragers in the base game already not counting mods.

I feel GIANTS is losing their focus. Currently they are working on this silly Rocket League-style MP Arena mode, which has no longer anything to do with farming.

Then they put out FS23 which honestly is just a money-grab getting in on the mobile gaming market, with micro-transactions and very limited features and imo this game just does not work on a tiny phone screen.

I wish their attention would go to improving FS22 and fixing the numerous bugs that still plague this game and get introduced with each new patch.
Lexie

Re: Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Post by Lexie »

I like the pack, perfect equipement for Erlengrat. I'm still missing a 3m rear mower in base game of dlc, same brand as a frontmower.

But agreed, the MP Arena mode is useless for me too, but it seems some people are liking it.
And mobile gaming, what should I say, never like mobile gaming, but again, some people seems to like it.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Would have been nice to see a new crop like alfalfa or some other new feature to go along with it. That would have peaked my interest and maybe some others who aren’t looking for different brands of haying equipment.
Emanuel83

Post by Emanuel83 »

Why is Giants loosing their focus? No, they don't and honestly it will always be the same. Not all equipment is liked by everybody. This does not mean it is obsolete or not focused on farming. Actually this equipment fits in line with alpine farming and Erlengrat. Moreover even if lacking "features" the type of equipment isn't over-represented at all, actually it is the oposite case, if you are familiar with this equipment you will understand that this is highly specialized equipment for steep mountains, which we doesnt have "plenty" at all...
Des is gkupft wia ghatscht und bis zum Heiratn is wieda guat :coolnew:
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

So what should they realised instead? A DLC with bugfixes?
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Emanuel83 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:44 pm Why is Giants loosing their focus? No, they don't and honestly it will always be the same. Not all equipment is liked by everybody. This does not mean it is obsolete or not focused on farming. Actually this equipment fits in line with alpine farming and Erlengrat. Moreover even if lacking "features" the type of equipment isn't over-represented at all, actually it is the oposite case, if you are familiar with this equipment you will understand that this is highly specialized equipment for steep mountains, which we doesnt have "plenty" at all...
I’m guessing it’s translation issues but no one said this pack is obsolete or not focused on farming. They said the arena isn’t focused on farming. Whether you like it or not mowing mountains is niche, much like the Vermeer dlc and Antonio Carrero. These dlcs could bolster their popularity with new features or crops that would touch a wider audience. No one’s saying that this shouldn’t be added to the game. Just that it would be nice to see more for a fifth of the cost of the game.
Emanuel83

Post by Emanuel83 »

It was not direclty said but if questioned that Giants is loosing focus, why its needed, etc. relating to this DLC beside other things what else is to be understood and translated...

And mountain farming is no niche, this is very much depending on the country. Its common in many European counties having hills or mountains...
Nice or not is very much depending on your view of sight..

In the end its just want pleases you or not but its legitim.

And price, this now cheapest DLC if looking to price per vehicle/equipment so far
Des is gkupft wia ghatscht und bis zum Heiratn is wieda guat :coolnew:
FTBuzzard

Post by FTBuzzard »

another hay pack, how creative.
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

I am a bit torn. True, those items are no 'new stuff' i.e. offering innovative new mechanisms. In fact, we already have these be it by Kuhn, Krone, Pöettinger, Kverneland or as mod. This is true for the Rigitrac as well as GIANTS already provided us with the bigger SKH 75 and 150. Compact tractors are some kind of niche product. We already saw that with the Antonio Carraro DLC. Problem there: if we wanted to play a vinery (at least I gladly would do), the game still has this questionable no-wine-policy. So I am not interested in just another fruit which produces odd products for me. Not immersive making raisins in my country. Thinking of grapes I think of the wines of Mosel, Rheinhessen and Franken. On US-maps I also think about those big Chardonnay vineyards. Or the vineyards in the Bordeaux area. But: no wine, no immersion, hence not interested in small tractors or grape-related stuff here.
The Reform already kind of 'exists' as mod: Lindner Unitrac with GIANTS even supplying the accessoirs as free mod with full monty while in the paid DLC we only get 2 matching accessoirs.
Tedders, foragers and windrowers are already in the game aplenty, so yes, I am inclined to say copycat for sale.

I acknowledge, the mix of equipment perfectly matches the Erlengrat map.

New mechanics I do not expect here. I gladly would have had lucerne, clover or as mentioned: alfalfa as forage crops but then they'd have to change their maps to implement these.

The selection of tractors is fair I think, as they match a mountainous setting like the alps with fields not being flat as a sheet of paper but with severe elevation and unfitting for big stuff. The equipment it delivers matches the theme but we have those already and I miss some things like the new Pöettinger TOP 842C that glides over the fields.

However, concerning forage, They could have had some kinds of modern stable, maybe with trolley or something for the biogas plants. I like the new brands but doubt, I will use them in my current game. The current lineup sadly cries 'dimes a dozen' in regard of what is offered and I reckon, season pass 2 owners might react a bit disgruntled. Even more so if they do not prefer the alps, but large US-maps. In my book sadly not better than o.k.-ish as the modhub already holds lots of this stuff as free alternative. The items look good however. Still it is hard to convince customers buying this DLC over looking into the modhub or being content with the stuff the vanilla game already offers.

My 5 cents
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Seriously, what type of equipment could they add that isn't already represented? There's no point getting bothered by more of the same equipment when that's all they ever offer.
IMO, a map would be a better choice for DLC, but that's a lot more work. It's probably easier to toss a new name on existing equipment and call it a day.
Regardless, there is almost never anything offered in DLC that can't be found as a mod.

If you paid for a season pass, and aren't happy, you've learned your lesson.
If you paid for a season pass again, and again aren't happy, you have yourself to blame.
If you haven't paid for a season pass, then don't get bothered about unwanted DLC. There's plenty to pick from on the Modhub.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Another reminder for me to be thankful for the modding community. All my needs taken care of at the most minimal cost lol
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

I guess, they are GIANTS biggest boon and bane together. They make things that fit niches or fill in gaps in manufacturers' product lists but are also a direct competitor, when it comes to paid DLC. They help making the game more enjoyable and more players stick to it over a long time because they do great work but then, after a year, the dilemma is 'what to offer the customer what he does not already have? And how to make him spend money on it.'

Expansions with new mechanisms and new maps are the way to go methinks. Or do brand-related things like they did with Kubota. The problem there was - in my opinion - this: we got the tractors, right? But nothing else from the group be it Kubota, Kverneland or Vicon. Even if it would be having the same piece of equipment but us having the freedom to choose, what brand is printed on it. Visit Kubota's homepage, look at the plethora of stuff this company sells and then go weep. We just got the tractors and a feature, many single players do not need (but good for MP).

It is not about losing the focus...rather about having no new ideas or new features besides 'new crop that can be harvested with the same combines we already use' or 'more equipment of types we already have in the game' or 'just add more productions'. Old wine in new skins as we say...
Having bought the seasons pass 2 and playing Erlengrat I am not that disappointed. Usually, I buy all the DLC for a game I like and I did in 15, 17 and 19. I had fun and still have. But I think they are wasting some serious potential.
Last edited by DocDesastro on Tue May 30, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

For me it is same like FS19 last DLC with Erlengrat map, same equipment but different models. Felt them too small to use on other maps and i do not play any hilly maps, so not useful for me.
Overall, i like new stuff and new brands and these things are not inside the game yet nor in mods.
But i actually would prefer something that does not have in game or any mods. For example new crop + lot of equipment related to this.
Something modders can't do, but Giants can. There are still so much special equipment and crops related to farming what is not inside
the game.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

FS19 Alpine expansion 2.0.

Another pass from me.
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

well, I would have liked to see some more "international" brands, maybe some american manufacturer of such equipment. They showed it is possible with the Vermeer pack. Anyway, thinking about it we now have at least three DLCs focusing on baling/mowing.

At least I think I will use maybe some of the equipment, but most likly not the tractors. I really do not like Erlengrat or similar maps.