Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Emanuel83

Re: Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Post by Emanuel83 »

Completely agree that the balance is currently more in favor with "grassland" equipment. But this wasn't always the case, if looking to older LS versions.
Yes e.g. potatoe is missing very much this LS, but was a DLC in last one as I remember.
Cane sugar, cotton is for sure under-repesented, which isn't my favorit but as menotioned it also deserves its place and has its fans
Animal system is very poor too... and this would be my first choice to improve... but instead productions were the mains focus, but again some maybe were happy 'bout this too...

to the equipment, I am not talking about the mowers, although they are not same kind too. You wouldn't go with a VW Polo complete off road on top of a mountain, instead maybe choosing a proper 4WD, but both are called "cars".
Standard grassland equipment is not suitable for certain application as in the mountains.
So we have the "specialized" equipment out of standard ones.
But I refer to the vehicles like Reform Mounty, or the Rigitrac 2axle mower which has a special feature leveling the cabin while crossing steep slopes, etc.
These are "features" which were not shown before and at least for me it’s interesting from a technical perspective and farming background. And interesting how they implemented this in game…
Des is gkupft wia ghatscht und bis zum Heiratn is wieda guat :coolnew:
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

cwattyeso wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 pm For a pack like this would have liked to have seen Giants show some love and include some more self propelled equipment. I can't believe that here we are in FS22 and the only mower we still have in game from them is the single Krone M450. Would be nice for Giants to expand that category a fair bit in the game and give us players a bit more of a choice on equipment we pick for our playthroughs on a map.
I suppose because of, self propelled equipment, is not seen that much in Europe, so that's why it is not in game that much.
For a contractor or on a big farm is could be profitable, but for smaller famers it's a huge investment for a small part of their job.
So a tractor, with a separate and much cheaper attachement is the way to go, but maybe in the States it's different.
Here in Europe I've never seen a self propelled mower, sometimes you see a self propelled slurry injctor from a contractor but that's all.
There will be some contractors with other self propelled stuff, but it's not common.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Lexie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:57 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 pm For a pack like this would have liked to have seen Giants show some love and include some more self propelled equipment. I can't believe that here we are in FS22 and the only mower we still have in game from them is the single Krone M450. Would be nice for Giants to expand that category a fair bit in the game and give us players a bit more of a choice on equipment we pick for our playthroughs on a map.
I suppose because of, self propelled equipment, is not seen that much in Europe, so that's why it is not in game that much.
For a contractor or on a big farm is could be profitable, but for smaller famers it's a huge investment for a small part of their job.
So a tractor, with a separate and much cheaper attachement is the way to go, but maybe in the States it's different.
Here in Europe I've never seen a self propelled mower, sometimes you see a self propelled slurry injctor from a contractor but that's all.
There will be some contractors with other self propelled stuff, but it's not common.

Iowan here, my neighbor has a John Deere windrower (mower) and only has a couple relatively small meadows to mow/bale etc. An older used windrower isn't terribly expensive, relatively speaking.
bench_007

Post by bench_007 »

Imagine if they added something like a Claas cougar, or a Ploeger CM4240. I know those wouldn't fit the Alpine theme, but they would make the DLC appeal to more people. Apart from that (I will' keep dreaming hahaha) it seems like a pretty old school DLC, with at first look only new equipment and no new features. On the website though its says this:

So yeah no "big" new features but it's something. I'm at least interested in how side shift will work.
Last edited by bench_007 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

bench_007 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:27 pm
Imagine if they added something like a Claas cougar, or a Ploeger CM4240. I know those wouldn't fit the Alpine theme, but they would make the DLC appeal to more people. Apart from that (I will' keep dreaming ahahahah) it seems like a pretty old school DLC, with at first look only new equipment and no new features. On the website though its says this:

So yeah no "big" new features but it's something. I'm at least interested in how side shift will work.
Possibly, their use of the words "real and virtual" may come into play here. "exciting functionality" may only refer to the "real" machines, and not the virtual ones. Wait and see I guess.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I just want basket rakes and kick balers.....I'd lay down an Andrew Jackson for such a pack....
Tazoslo

Post by Tazoslo »

This was VERY meh....we have everything in that pack allready. Just equipment, with a different name, isnt very game enhancing...
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

I can't wait to get my hands on this, it will be great with Duerrenroth map.
Also, Giants is from Switzerland, so it's nice to see them put in some love with Swiss equipment.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Tazoslo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:00 am This was VERY meh....we have everything in that pack allready. Just equipment, with a different name, isnt very game enhancing...
The same could be said when they added John Deere, but no one complained then.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lexie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:57 pm
There's quite a lot of self propelled equipment in Europe, the Netherlands has loads of them including sprayers and all sorts of harvesters. Depends in what region
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Totenfarmer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:18 pm
Tazoslo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:00 am This was VERY meh....we have everything in that pack allready. Just equipment, with a different name, isnt very game enhancing...
The same could be said when they added John Deere, but no one complained then.
The same could be said, but it wasnt....because......
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm just one Gehl styled forage wagon away from having the perfect game and I'm on Console, so I'm not sure why anyone even cares to complain at this point. Life in FS is good currently.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
eric21

Post by eric21 »

At the end of the day, everyone has Thier own wishes and favourite brands. Id like to have different brands and not the same ones again
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:56 pm I'm just one Gehl styled forage wagon away from having the perfect game and I'm on Console, so I'm not sure why anyone even cares to complain at this point. Life in FS is good currently.
Can I co sign with this idea as well? I forgot about these.

Personally I would be fine if giants just did away with the whole DLC. For the most part the modding community takes care of anything I need apart from what comes with the disc. Basically me buying a Copy of the game is just granting me access to using mods. I'm fairly comfortable in saying that I don't think I have anything that giants designed on my game save maps tractors et cetera.

My only question with these packages is who comes up with the ideas or how do they know what brands they should add? Is there any consumer input at all or is it the manufacturers coming to them? Or is it one of those origami paper things where you pick a color and move it and then say a number and move it and then pick a number and flip the paper tab up?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

This was covered in a podcast. Can't remember the episode number, but arround ep11 I think it was.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...