Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

bossmanslim

Re: Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Post by bossmanslim »

Spardose wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:09 pm well, I would have liked to see some more "international" brands, maybe some american manufacturer of such equipment. They showed it is possible with the Vermeer pack. Anyway, thinking about it we now have at least three DLCs focusing on baling/mowing.

At least I think I will use maybe some of the equipment, but most likly not the tractors. I really do not like Erlengrat or similar maps.
Hilly maps wouldn't be so bad except that the terraforming system is marginal at best, making building placement tricky.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Giants is losing their focus :lol: :lol: hahahaha..........It's very very simple... Don't buy it then if you don't like it..hahahahaha.....in other words (What is useless to one person might be valuable to another.)
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Sneaks wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:23 pm Giants is losing their focus :lol: :lol: hahahaha..........It's very very simple... Don't buy it then if you don't like it..hahahahaha.....in other words (What is useless to one person might be valuable to another.)
That’s the obvious answer, and again no one’s saying it’s completely useless just want some meat with the potatoes. Take the Vermeer dlc, I loved it but I can see how the dlc would have been pretty meh to others who don’t know the brand so seeing features similar to the kubota or the goweil pack would be welcome.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

The way I look at it having 17 Machines, 7 Brands, 3 Newcomers this could bring even more stuff to FS in the future. So I'm all for it. but I do have to admit. I'm not buying this dlc. I allready have all I need to do Hay and forage..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

While I generally refrain from voicing complaints, I can't help but notice a striking similarity between this latest release and the previous one. The recurrent emphasis on aspects such as hay, straw, baling, and cutting strikes me as somewhat puzzling.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

This is why I stopped buying the season pass. I prefer to just pay for DLCs that appeal to me.
howey

Post by howey »

UncleRico wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:05 pm Would have been nice to see a new crop like alfalfa or some other new feature to go along with it. That would have peaked my interest and maybe some others who aren’t looking for different brands of haying equipment.
I think this post sums up what would make the pack more appealing to the player. Don't get me wrong looking at some of the photos shown there would be equipment I would use but since there have been a few mowing/baling DLC's already available in FS22 it would of been good to have a new feature or crop to make them worthwhile of buying that's all.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Did Giants hire Miles Finch for these DLC ideas?
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I see what Giants did here. They released Erlengrat on FS22, but did not release all the equipment included in FS19 Alpine Farming DLC.
Now they are trying to make this DLC useful, because people are missing these hilly terrain equipment to properly play Erlengrat map.

Luckily most of the equipment from Alpine Farming DLC is available as mods.

I thinkg Giants i lacking the new ideas or possibilities what to bring to FS22.
Most of the major tractor brands are already included. So my suggestion, make
something that modders can't make, something useful.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

IceUul wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:58 am I see what Giants did here. They released Erlengrat on FS22, but did not release all the equipment included in FS19 Alpine Farming DLC.
Now they are trying to make this DLC useful, because people are missing these hilly terrain equipment to properly play Erlengrat map.

Not really true, lot of the equipment from FS19 Alpine DLC is in basegame or available as Giants mod.
The things missing, are not in this DLC either, like the Pottinger dual rake, it's more the same as available already but from other brands.
And ofcourse they are trying to match the DLC with the maps they released, that's not weird isn't it?
Emanuel83

Post by Emanuel83 »

IceUul wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:58 am I see what Giants did here. They released Erlengrat on FS22, but did not release all the equipment included in FS19 Alpine Farming DLC.

Correct, certain equipment introduced with this DLC wasn’t in LS22 before. Not completely although, because we have already 3 vehicles which are similar (Lindner Unitrac, Aebi CC and TT). So not many…
If one is familiar with this farming, he’d understand that e.g. the Reform Mounty is one of a kind and nothing similar to it in RL and therefore in LS history yet (from technical standpoint and usage). Also the Brielmaier mower is not the same is the one available yet.
They included some of the equipment of LS19 Erlengrat DLC in standard LS22 but not all, so they made a DLC adding new brands too which I think is a good move if you like this stuff.

And there are 3 DLCs still to go, which will introduce a new map, new features, new fruits and enough vehicles for everybody
And who argues about similarities regarding Antonio Carraro, this pack is mostly dedicated to grapes and some small parts hay with their TTR series
With Göweil the focus is the corn balling, of course the have other balling equipment too which is just logical…

And Giants is very careful with releasing new features in DLCs because always heavy claims were raised that these features are hidden behind a paywall…
Des is gkupft wia ghatscht und bis zum Heiratn is wieda guat :coolnew:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Emanuel83 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:30 am
And there are 3 DLCs still to go, which will introduce a new map, new features, new fruits and enough vehicles for everybody
And who argues about similarities regarding Antonio Carraro, this pack is mostly dedicated to grapes and some small parts hay with their TTR series
With Göweil the focus is the corn balling, of course the have other balling equipment too which is just logical…

And Giants is very careful with releasing new features in DLCs because always heavy claims were raised that these features are hidden behind a paywall…
The similarities being raised between those packs is a lack of content, not similarities in equipment. Also I’m the only one to bring up Goweil and I specifically did so in a positive light because it added a new feature, corn chaff bailing. Which happens to be the type of thing people who agree with me are looking for. I think you’re just defending what you see as an attack on a brand you’d like in game. This isn’t that, it’s just people saying it’s not enough.
Emanuel83

Post by Emanuel83 »

So what is enough?
And its not defending a brand, its just replying to incorrect statements that we have same equipment already which isn't true (as mentioned one will know if familiar with this equipement and its features)
The question or concern if such equipment is an appropriate DLC is completly legitim because its based on own preferences.
Des is gkupft wia ghatscht und bis zum Heiratn is wieda guat :coolnew:
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

I would return the question and ask: What do you consider 'the same' equipment? When speaking of categories like 3m width mowers we already have some in the game. Or is a Vicon not the same as a Kverneland or Kubota plough even technically it is the same piece of hardware with different paint on it? Getting a 3,2m mower is not 'same' by your definition but frankly, does it really matter? And do all those mowers play differently, no matter what brand? In reality, most certainly there will be a difference, even if it is availability of spare parts (which is not represented in the game). So from a gamistic point of view those items do not offer something new besides a new color scheme and brand sticker on it. From an immersive point of view, the DLC is good as it might cover a brand you like to play. Ask yourself, why you might pick a John Deere in the game over a New Holland with same horse power. Or a Pöettinger seeder over a Kuhn or Amazone. They do exactly the same stuff in the game (comparable, if same width and features like direct till or added fertilizer).

I guess, the problem is not the DLC in itself, but that it is the 3rd consecutive DLC dealing with grass-related actions, so balers, windrowers etc. We are talking the Göweil and Vermeer packs and - to a certain extend, parts of the pumps and hoses if you consider making silage from grass to feed the biogas plant. There are themes still untouched like potatos, beets, cane sugar or cotton or even animal husbanding or even poplar related stuff or for god's sake: make the AI have grape orchards, olives or poplar fields at all. Compared with that, another grass/hay related stuff appears weak.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

For a pack like this would have liked to have seen Giants show some love and include some more self propelled equipment. I can't believe that here we are in FS22 and the only mower we still have in game from them is the single Krone M450. Would be nice for Giants to expand that category a fair bit in the game and give us players a bit more of a choice on equipment we pick for our playthroughs on a map.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*