Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

DocDesastro

Re: Hay and forage pack? GIANTS is losing their focus

Post by DocDesastro »

I guess the DLCs are the price 'we have to pay' for extending the life of the FS22 to 3 years - which is a good thing for the modders who have time to create and bugfix their stuff. The company needs to be financially afloat in the meanwhile and create revenue. Having 4 years would even be better for the game to mature and th modders to work their magic but then again a company cannot live from love, sunlight and photosynthesis. Or we are just back to 2 years per edition and just moving on, because it is easier to plan with estimated copies of X at 40€+Y every 2 years. Guess, this is how games like FIFA work. Me, I have bought SP2. Yes, there could have been better things in it but I like the Göweil stuff and at least accept stuff that comes in the hay DLC - maybe test one item or two. I knew, what I was risking, when buying the SP and so I cannot blame anyone but myself, if I am not happy about it now. As standalone...well, that part of the game already looks over-saturated and I would rather have left in in the shelves. That said, I could see better options than the items we will get.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Dim67 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:42 pm Hay and forage pack?

Not sure what the deal is, but do we really need more mowing equipment? There are plenty of mowers, tedders, windrowers and foragers in the base game already not counting mods.

I feel GIANTS is losing their focus. Currently they are working on this silly Rocket League-style MP Arena mode, which has no longer anything to do with farming.

Then they put out FS23 which honestly is just a money-grab getting in on the mobile gaming market, with micro-transactions and very limited features and imo this game just does not work on a tiny phone screen.

I wish their attention would go to improving FS22 and fixing the numerous bugs that still plague this game and get introduced with each new patch.
As a console player, more bales is definitely not better. We are so limited in bail count, making TMR bales, chaff bales, cut beet bales all seems superfluous. I mean, why? So much better to add an upright silage silo, and not use cut beets. If you could use cut beets for anything other than sugar, biomass, and animal dealership sales. Why don’t we use them animal feed? Just growling, I guess.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

LittleWatt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:01 pm As a console player, more bales is definitely not better. We are so limited in bail count,
Well for me As a console player, more bales are definitely BETTER... I have over 600 on the map I'm playing now.. So I don't see no limit on bail count...
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Using the new storage system then?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

LittleWatt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:01 pm
As a console player, more bales is definitely not better. We are so limited in bail count, making TMR bales, chaff bales, cut beet bales all seems superfluous. I mean, why? So much better to add an upright silage silo, and not use cut beets. If you could use cut beets for anything other than sugar, biomass, and animal dealership sales. Why don’t we use them animal feed? Just growling, I guess.
Would be great to see beet pulp and tailings make the base game as a animal feed byproduct from sugar production.
crash

Post by crash »

Think i bought the season pass on one of the 3 platforms i own fs22 on😂 If i dont like whats in the dlc when it gets realesed, im not to worried , after years with fs, i know a lot of stuff needs the right map, mood and thoughts on how i want to play. And if all fails, more brand gives modders more options 👍
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

At least a new map and crops coming at the end of this year , I enjoy almost all things they release to use even though i know there will be some i wont ever use