Tip for Giants: GPS

KevinMn

Tip for Giants: GPS

Post by KevinMn »

I believe we still don't have GPS in the basegame (even though it's sorta there through AI workers), because of console limitations with their controllers. But you actually only need a single button for it, and when I play with a controller, I usually remap B (circle) for it, since I rarely use workers.

Basically you need to do 3 things, activate, with the width of the attached implement, and in the currently facing direction, reset, if the direction isn't optimal and recalculate the width of your implement. All other features like saving aren't necessary to make it work, they're just very nice. Maybe a share feature, so if you're close to another tractor when you activate, you get the other tractors path.
But either pressing, double pressing or holding a single button, you'd have those 3 features.

Just a thought, it's the single most important mod to me, and many others, I don't really play new versions until GPS is out.
Guil

Re: Tip for Giants: GPS

Post by Guil »

That's fine for you but what about the other players who regularly use helpers? I'd say the amount of console players not using a helper is minimal.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

KevinMn wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:03 pm I believe we still don't have GPS in the basegame (even though it's sorta there through AI workers), because of console limitations with their controllers. But you actually only need a single button for it, and when I play with a controller, I usually remap B (circle) for it, since I rarely use workers.

Basically you need to do 3 things, activate, with the width of the attached implement, and in the currently facing direction, reset, if the direction isn't optimal and recalculate the width of your implement. All other features like saving aren't necessary to make it work, they're just very nice. Maybe a share feature, so if you're close to another tractor when you activate, you get the other tractors path.
But either pressing, double pressing or holding a single button, you'd have those 3 features.

Just a thought, it's the single most important mod to me, and many others, I don't really play new versions until GPS is out.
The limitation isn't with consoles. The limitation is Giants desire and/or ability to do it.
Let me just toss this out there ... radial menu ...
A single button can give access to many different functions.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

Guil wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:07 pm That's fine for you but what about the other players who regularly use helpers? I'd say the amount of console players not using a helper is minimal.
Well a hired worker could easily be implemented on one of the many keybindings you have on a controller, but you only need to use it once in a field, GPS you have to use constantly, hence the more important location.
I'm not saying to remove hired worked, just move the keybinding.
Eische

Post by Eische »

If they introduce GPS in base game it needs to support curved lines at least.
Straight line only is not worth implementing at all.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker