FS17 Downloaded outside mods don't work

playa

FS17 Downloaded outside mods don't work

Post by playa »

All of my mods downloaded in-game have always worked, download, restart game and then click the circle so it has a green checkmark in it and we're in business. I found a coulple cool mods on Farming Simulator Official Website, but I can't get them to show up in the game. I download the zip file, extract all, and then drag the extracted file in the mods folder. I see the in-game mods are there, and they're still zipped. So delete the extracted files and just leave the zipped folders in there, but it still doesn't work. They don't show up in the game anywhere, I've tried restarted it as well as my PC, but nothing. What am I doing wrong? I would really like the Versatile 4WD mod
Eische

Re: FS17 Downloaded outside mods don't work

Post by Eische »

Check if you have the latest game version installed.
Mods can be restricted to run only with a minimum game version.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

playa wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:51 am All of my mods downloaded in-game have always worked, download, restart game and then click the circle so it has a green checkmark in it and we're in business. I found a coulple cool mods on Farming Simulator Official Website, but I can't get them to show up in the game. I download the zip file, extract all, and then drag the extracted file in the mods folder. I see the in-game mods are there, and they're still zipped. So delete the extracted files and just leave the zipped folders in there, but it still doesn't work. They don't show up in the game anywhere, I've tried restarted it as well as my PC, but nothing. What am I doing wrong? I would really like the Versatile 4WD mod
Are you sure you're downloading a mod for FS17?
Isn't the modhub for FS17 closed?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

Noraf wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:54 am Isn't the modhub for FS17 closed?
No, it's still up. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mods. ... tle=fs2017
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Interesting. Learned something new today too then

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

playa wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:51 am All of my mods downloaded in-game have always worked, download, restart game and then click the circle so it has a green checkmark in it and we're in business. I found a coulple cool mods on Farming Simulator Official Website, but I can't get them to show up in the game. I download the zip file, extract all, and then drag the extracted file in the mods folder. I see the in-game mods are there, and they're still zipped. So delete the extracted files and just leave the zipped folders in there, but it still doesn't work. They don't show up in the game anywhere, I've tried restarted it as well as my PC, but nothing. What am I doing wrong? I would really like the Versatile 4WD mod
General rule of thumb, if its on the website then its in the game. If you find it on the website but not in game then most likely your game is not updated to the current version
Playing on PC and PS4
playa

Post by playa »

Hey guys thank you all for the replies. I never even thought about an update, I'll see if there is one available and report back.

Yes the mods were for FS17 not 15, I double checked. I've done that before lol
playa

Post by playa »

In the top left corner it says 1.5.3.1 (15681/19945), and I don't have a message saying new update. I do have the Ropa and Kuhn DLCs available popping up, but thats it.
Eische

Post by Eische »

You already have the latest game version.
Last thing you can check is the log file. Not sure about FS17 but it should be located right next to your mod folder location.
Check for any error messages.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

Where did you get the Versatile mod from?
It's not on Mod Hub.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Noraf wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:54 am
Are you sure you're downloading a mod for FS17?
Isn't the modhub for FS17 closed?
FS15 mods are still on modhub :mrgreen:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Are you sure you didn't download this mod for FS19?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Guil wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:24 pm FS15 mods are still on modhub :mrgreen:
Yeah, found that out the other day, very nice that it is there still

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

playa

Post by playa »

Thank you guys for all the help, I think those mods were labeled wrong and are indeed for FS19; even though they say they're for 17. I downloaded some other mods that work, and I did end up getting my Versatile 4WD pack from another site. All good now, thanks again everyone!