We need a light update!!!

JD92

We need a light update!!!

Post by JD92 »

I have over 1000h on ps5.. i really enjoy this game in every maps, because we have a stunning maps makers.
But Taylor farms is the only with a correct light sistem.
I don’t know if is a base game issues, but this huge brightness ball present in every maps don’t disappared when is cloudy and creates an incorrect brightness and shadow (we have only sun also in rainy day).
Try to take a look at his map.
Maybe we can bring this sistem to all maps.
Decriptus

Re: We need a light update!!!

Post by Decriptus »

If the other maps you play have the relight add on that's the issue.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

So Taylor farm switched of ?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:53 pm If the other maps you play have the relight add on that's the issue.
Taylor farms credits the creator of relight in his modhub posts so I would assume the opposite
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

The shining sun on rainy days is also on the basegame maps without mods, so this is a base game problem.
I don't know about the brightness, do not have much trouble with it on base game maps.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:40 pm
Decriptus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:53 pm If the other maps you play have the relight add on that's the issue.
Taylor farms credits the creator of relight in his modhub posts so I would assume the opposite
If Taylor farms is the only map that looks right to the op then their settings are jacked. A lot of maps use base lighting. The base is fine with me although calmsden is by far the best, relight just makes everything way to bright for my delicate seeing organs
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:04 pm
If Taylor farms is the only map that looks right to the op then their settings are jacked. A lot of maps use base lighting. The base is fine with me although calmsden is by far the best, relight just makes everything way to bright for my delicate seeing organs
No they’re just set up for it. That’s why so many console players fought you on the other thread about removing it. It’s a huge upgrade over base game.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

That thread was split, a lot of folks agreed with me too....guess you missed that part
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:18 pm That thread was split, a lot of folks agreed with me too....guess you missed that part
I never said it wasn’t I’m just saying to people who have it tend to also think the games broken when you take it away, so why would you ever want to move backwards.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:28 pm No they’re just set up for it. That’s why so many console players fought you on the other thread about removing it. It’s a huge upgrade over base game.
I play almost exclusively on PC and find that relight ruins the lighting. Shadows are to dark and highlights are to bright. It might look fine on an HDR display but I'm not running one. I don't feel that HDR is necessary. It seems to me to just be a gimmick to sell more monitors/TVs.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:19 pm
I play almost exclusively on PC and find that relight ruins the lighting. Shadows are to dark and highlights are to bright. It might look fine on an HDR display but I'm not running one. I don't feel that HDR is necessary. It seems to me to just be a gimmick to sell more monitors/TVs.
It shows more shades between colors giving allowing video to be closer to real life. I’m not sure how thats a gimmick, sounds like the natural progression of things to me. Especially considering everyone against it doesn’t have the capability to even experience it.
Eische

Post by Eische »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:33 pm
Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:19 pm
It shows more shades between colors giving allowing video to be closer to real life. I’m not sure how thats a gimmick, sounds like the natural progression of things to me. Especially considering everyone against it doesn’t have the capability to even experience it.
I'm in the same situation as Earnest Pea and have removed relight from the map I'm currently playing.

But as you said, if you need a HDR monitor to fully enjoy this, it should not be added to the map. It should be a game setting instead.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:33 pm It shows more shades between colors giving allowing video to be closer to real life. I’m not sure how thats a gimmick, sounds like the natural progression of things to me. Especially considering everyone against it doesn’t have the capability to even experience it.
After doing some brief reading, it seems you may be right. Non-HDR monitors/TVs do fall slighty short (but only slightly). The problem though, is that people without HDR displays will see maps with relight as clipped on the high and low ends. It would be far better if relight was an option (eg. seperate installable mod or a game setting).

I heard that there was some work toward making relight as a seperate mod which would allow users to easily add the functionality on any map. I don't know if this is available yet, but it would solve the problem perfectly. Players without HDR could play without relight, and those with HDR could have optimal lighting on all maps.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

What you must also realise is that for consoles Giants have added a separate HDR shader to the game which can also create shading/brightness problems whilst PC user have separate Advanced Graphics settings as well as a separate windows HDR setting (which can also affect relight)
Windows --System --Display -- Graphics --Default graphics settings--Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Earnest Pea wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:11 pm
After doing some brief reading, it seems you may be right. Non-HDR monitors/TVs do fall slighty short (but only slightly). The problem though, is that people without HDR displays will see maps with relight as clipped on the high and low ends. It would be far better if relight was an option (eg. seperate installable mod or a game setting).

I heard that there was some work toward making relight as a seperate mod which would allow users to easily add the functionality on any map. I don't know if this is available yet, but it would solve the problem perfectly. Players without HDR could play without relight, and those with HDR could have optimal lighting on all maps.
It is an extra mod currently. Perhaps giants would be willing to give it the seasons treatment for console players on both sides of the aisle https://fs22relight.itch.io/fs22relight