We need a light update!!!

JD92

Re: We need a light update!!!

Post by JD92 »

so, do you think giants is going to fix it?
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

JD92 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:12 pm so, do you think giants is going to fix it?
You said yourself that it isn't present on basegame maps, so there is nothing to fix.

The issue you are having seems to be with mod maps, so that's where any change would have to happen.

Personally, I could never go back to the standard lighting. With the correct settings on displays it is made with in mind, everything looks a hundred times better.

All that being said, it IS down to personal taste and dependant on the individual screen being used. Whether it's a gimmick or not is down to each person's opinion, and that is fine, but regardless HDR is considered to be an upgrade and there comes a point where people shouldn't be expected to compromise on what they release in order to accommodate those who are using other equipment.

As said above, the ideal solution would be to release the lighting effects as a separate add-on. I'd unequivocally support that, but for many reasons I don't think it will ever happen.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm tempted to try a HDR monitor on my PC and see how much difference it makes.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

The problem with hdr (on my end...and yes I have it set up properly) is yes it make those maps look better with hdr, but makes maps without relight look horrible. I'm not going to keep changing my settings every time I switch maps.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

wait some of you have focused on this ball of light (which is strange) in addition to that I meant that it is also strange that with cloudy weather there are some shadows as if there were the sun ..

in a nutshell the clouds are as if they didn't cover the sun
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

We've been used to the shadows and clouds being ....well ... weird lol. It's the lighting itself that has the community split.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

I can understand some users want relight built in, especially if you are on console and have no option to use a separate mod. However there is no excuse for 4x maps like Somewhere in Thuringia, the result will only be that half the player base ( roughly ) won't enjoy your maps or rate them up. A 4x map won't work on consoles anyway.. so just why..

Some maps doesn't look that good even if you remove it as it seems some modders have their textures and foliage adapted to this lighting system.
I say just let them use relight, but don't expect the high amount of downloads and good ratings that you could have recieved without it, there are still good ligthing that doesn't require a HDR monitor. OxygenDavid's maps is a good example.

I have seen my fair share of strange addons for FS since I started with FS11..like the reflective skins we had :P I hope this is one that doesn't catch on to much. I do respect the modders work though, he has done a great job for those that can use the lighting, but now the mod is a separate script, so please stop shipping it with the maps, or at least the pc only maps.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

At the end of the day the mapper is free to make their map anyway they see fit,if people don't like it then so be it.