Missing train cars?

Gugernoot215

Re: Missing train cars?

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I don't know what happened but I spotted the train with all its cars again, and I've been playing since a backup since all i could do was attach a plough to the train so I haven't saved any changes. Maybe mucking around with xml then loading a back up made the game reset the train.
Just my luck that the thing I stop using because It broke fixes itself when I decide to stop using it.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Just a question; could you actually plow beside the train tracks with the plow? If you didn't try it you don't have to go back and try.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

FSarndrone wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:09 pm Just a question; could you actually plow beside the train tracks with the plow? If you didn't try it you don't have to go back and try.
The locomotive was also missing so I couldn't even control the plough if I wanted to.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I'm going to keep on posting observations in this thread as my problem continues.
I have the locomotive grain and beet car disappear near the sawmill, I just removed the rest of the train (and deleted all the attachment attributes to prevent them making a mess by attaching a seed drill to the payloader), because the sawmill crossing boom gates where detecting them. This reset the train again as I just saw it restored after a while when harvesting.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:53 am Sorry I inferred that you where talking about the log as you where talking about a file getting overwritten.

As I've said before the log gets overwritten every session, do by the time I notice the error probably doesn't show up.
That's the way it has always been and not any new news. If there is an error it will be shown in the log. The train is affected so the error is current or constant
Guil

Post by Guil »

Is it any wonder the train is behaving funny when you add atachements to it such as a plow :lol:

Long story short, if you want the train to work, stop breaking it with your editing
1diagramuel1

Post by 1diagramuel1 »

It doesn't seem to be a mod problem because it works fine on another save with the same mods installed. (in my case) I copied the train cart files from vehicles.xml, then pasted them in my main save game's vehicles.xml, replacing the old ones. All it did was change them, but didn't add all the train carts. It's still missing the grain carts that I was missing in the first place. At the start of my main savegame, It was fine until I sold grain with the train once, then the next time I played. The carts were gone. Is anyone in the same situation as me? I really wouldn't like to create a new savegame because it would be a pain to rebuild my farm.

Side note, I didn't edit any files before I noticed the train carts were missing.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

What map are you on?
herrman

Post by herrman »

1diagramuel1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:27 am It doesn't seem to be a mod problem because it works fine on another save with the same mods installed. (in my case) I copied the train cart files from vehicles.xml, then pasted them in my main save game's vehicles.xml, replacing the old ones. All it did was change them, but didn't add all the train carts. It's still missing the grain carts that I was missing in the first place. At the start of my main savegame, It was fine until I sold grain with the train once, then the next time I played. The carts were gone. Is anyone in the same situation as me? I really wouldn't like to create a new savegame because it would be a pain to rebuild my farm.

Side note, I didn't edit any files before I noticed the train carts were missing.
Apart from adding the train carts, did you manage to correct the indexes for the added ones and update the "connections" at the end of vehicles.XML? I've grown a talent at modifying trains last month 😎

Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Duff7

Post by Duff7 »

I had train cars disappear once and it was due to a mod I downloaded that had interactive controls. It was one of the ls-oldtimer lanz bulldog mods from kingmods with the ic mod from github, not the modhub one from vertex. I reverted to a backup save after removing the mod and everything was fine. I put it back in to make sure that was the problem and it happened again. It was a conflict with the other interactive control mod.