Changing input/output triggers

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
heticu7

Changing input/output triggers

Post by heticu7 »

Hello all.

Recently I went looking for a fruit tree mod where I could plant different types of fruit trees and eventually harvest the fruit and put them in my dryers, and sell the dried fruit for a substantially higher price than just selling the fruit itself.

I found: "FS19_GlobalCompanyAddOn_Productions.zip" and "FS19_GlobalCompanyAddOn_Productions_TreeFruits.zip". I proceeded to plant some trees, fertilize them and water them. I sped up time and tried to drive a tractor and trailer by to have the fruits fall into the trailer, to test how the mod mechanics work. The tree did not recognize the trailer as a valid trigger. So I spent some time researching the mods and learned that GC has set this up very proprietary. Only their box/pallet will be recognized by the trees.

Fine. So I spent a couple of hours planting some trees, buying and transporting some box pallets to the trees, and watched them fill up with fruit over time. But when I tried to drive by the pallets under the trees, they would not trigger into the trailer.

So I spent some more time studying the mechanics of this mod and learned that they have provided a "Farm Shop" to move the pallets of fruit to, and THAT shop only will trigger the sale. So I tried to place a Farm Shop and got the "Only one of these allowed per farm" message. But I didn't already have one placed, so I concluded that since I was trying to place my Farm Shop too close to my farmhouse, the mod was getting confused.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here could explain how to make changes to the box pallet xml so it would trigger to the trailer, and dump the collected fruit into the trailer, and also how to add necessary graphics and substance to the fruit tree so I could harvest it and add the fruit to my game.

Or, can you suggest a YT tutorial that teaches exactly how to do all this?

My goal is to drive by with my tractor and auger wagon periodically, collect all the fruit in a row of trees (from the box pallets), dump some off at the grain dryer (which I have already converted to a veggie dryer) and put the rest in my silo; just like any other crop.

Thanks!