Rain Pain - new Mod

snekko

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by snekko »

it seems to work now. If I run into another problem I will report it.

Thanks for your quick solution.

For now, back at work at the farm.
Dafaq_man

Post by Dafaq_man »

Everytime I try to host a multiplayer server with Rain Pain, this warning pops up.

And then the mod isn't loaded into the save.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Dafaq_man wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:02 am Everytime I try to host a multiplayer server with Rain Pain, this warning pops up.

And then the mod isn't loaded into the save.
That's because it is not multiplayer-compatible yet. It should be listed as single player only.

I'm working on making it MP compatible, but not 100% sure when that will happen. Hopefully in the next few months.
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

What about taking the ground into regards? With precision farming we can have different ground that might be able to soak up rain quicker or slower depending on its 'sandyness'. Sandy ground might dry quicker and will be more gentle in regards to vehicle response while clay might stay wet longer.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

DocDesastro wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:12 pm What about taking the ground into regards? With precision farming we can have different ground that might be able to soak up rain quicker or slower depending on its 'sandyness'. Sandy ground might dry quicker and will be more gentle in regards to vehicle response while clay might stay wet longer.
Hmm, I'd not thought of that. I'll look into it, as I'm not sure if the sandy loam stuff is just within precision farming or if PF utilises something within the base game.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I have a small field of 0,08ha where I usually plant potatoes. But since there was snow when I should have fired up that tractor I thought I maybe could cultivate it and put in some soybeans instead. How bad could it be for my cultivator on such a small field, cultivating it when ground was frozen? The cultivator went from 90% to zero in two minutes!

Not doing that s*** again :-D
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:40 pm I have a small field of 0,08ha where I usually plant potatoes. But since there was snow when I should have fired up that tractor I thought I maybe could cultivate it and put in some soybeans instead. How bad could it be for my cultivator on such a small field, cultivating it when ground was frozen? The cultivator went from 90% to zero in two minutes!

Not doing that s*** again :-D
Yep! That is the whole point of Rain Pain! Hope it hurt in a good way. 🤣
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

========== NEW VERSION RELEASED! =========

Version 1.0.0.3 is now out, which has bug fixes for the expansion packs (including Goweil stuff) and for mod vehicles or implements that don't have a max speed, which was causing weird glitches and stoppages.

If you find any more bugs, please let me know.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Log spamming with v1.0.0.3:

Code: Select all

Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
.../mods/FS22_RainPain/main.lua:1046: attempt to index a nil value
after unfolding a vanilla Pöttinger HIT 16.18 T and lowering it.
Then I pressed the mouse buttons while the F1 help UI was open to see if there is any functionality like moving parts to not overlook and miss it later - that mouse pressing made the process hang and spam the log.
I did this on the store's tarmac ground, not on the field.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:43 pm Log spamming with v1.0.0.3:

Then I pressed the mouse buttons while the F1 help UI was open to see if there is any functionality like moving parts to not overlook and miss it later - that mouse pressing made the process hang and spam the log.
Thank you. I'll look into this ASAP.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:43 pm Log spamming with v1.0.0.3:

I've had a look and I'm struggling to re-create the problem. Can I check that you are using version 1.0.0.3?

The line of code mentioned only gets called if there is a change of state of rain (it's started or stopped raining). Pressing mousebuttons can't call it, so I just don't know how your bug has happened.

Have you tried it again with that tedder? Does it still make a problem?
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

@BazTheHat
I will put the mod back in and test again, now already on the field.
If it works there without issues, I drive to the store ground and try it there again.

If the both tests above pass, I try to reproduce that issue by saving and quitting when the vehicle with the coupled tedder is on the store tarmac.
I assume that shortly after loading the game save and immediately jumping into the vehicle at the store with the tedder already coupled, starting the engine and quickly doing as I wrote above could perhaps be the reason.

--

Even the first test made the issue occur again.

It does not make a difference if the tedder is already unfolded or folded, coupled or uncoupled, lowered or not.
But as soon as I press 'X' to either fold or unfold and then use the mouse buttons to test for mouse input bindings, the log spamming starts.
I pressed 'X' already while the folding/unfolding process still was going on. Perhaps I'm too quick? But whatsoever, that should not happen.

I will test again and wait for any animation to complete before I press a mouse button.

--

This time I just pressed 'Z' to change the conditioning of the grass - using MaizePlus - and after I did a change from the default value to the first next value it was not possible anymore to
  • change further to the next step
  • test mouse buttons
For now I assume that RainPain is incompatible to MaizePlus - not always but when using specific attachments or equipment and doing specific stuff.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:20 pm @BazTheHat

For now I assume that RainPain is incompatible to MaizePlus - not always but when using specific attachments or equipment and doing specific stuff.
I wonder if MaizePlus is doing something weird. I'll check that out, thank you for testing and reporting it.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:20 pm @BazTheHat
I will put the mod back in and test again, now already on the field.
If it works there without issues, I drive to the store ground and try it there again.

Even the first test made the issue occur again.

It does not make a difference if the tedder is already unfolded or folded, coupled or uncoupled, lowered or not.
But as soon as I press 'X' to either fold or unfold and then use the mouse buttons to test for mouse input bindings, the log spamming starts.
I pressed 'X' already while the folding/unfolding process still was going on. Perhaps I'm too quick? But whatsoever, that should not happen.

I will test again and wait for any animation to complete before I press a mouse button.

Hi, I can't find anything in particular that MaizePlus is doing, but what I have done is add an error check so that, hopefully, the error that is spamming the log file doesn't happen in the first place. Do you mind testing this hotfix? Download the new version here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Artr_I1BTbffg99686u ... w?e=bPldMm

Then copy it into Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator22/mods, replacing the version that is already there.

Let me know if it fixes it!
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

It's looking good.