Rain Pain - new Mod

johandenver

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by johandenver »

I wonder if introducing real years in the game would work. Let's say you want to start a farm in the 70's, only equipment produced at that time would then be shown in the shop (mods would of course have to have to some kind of attribute that indicated between which years it was being sold). For every year that passes in game, new equipment could possible be available and equipment that was no longer being sold IRL would then only be available as used. If combined with the equipment thing Sweet Wheat was talking about, it could be a really cool feature.
gile

Post by gile »

Johan, that there is my biggest wish for FS.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

etrain wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:35 am I think I found a mod conflict with this mod. I am playing on edge water Saskatchewan and am admittedly playing with a lot of mods, but sometimes after hiring a grain cart worker through courseplay, the field numbers disappear and animations such as crop going into the header and chaff leaving the combine freeze. There might be more problems, but I didn’t look further into it and am sad because this mod sounds awesome!!!
Just spotted this. Does sound like a conflict but have no idea off the top of my head what could be causing it. Does it only fail whilst it's raining, or even when it's dry? Are you using v1.0.0.1?

You could try disabling other mods to find the one(s) that clash, but I appreciate that could take some time.
Dafaq_man

Post by Dafaq_man »

Hi, I would really like to continue using your mod, however, there is a mod conflict with the Goweil Pack. When trying to use the Goweil Master V140 or whatever it's called, the camera gets stuck, and you need to forcefully try to swap to another vehicle, and then back to the tractor attached to the baler to be able to regain control over your mouse.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Dafaq_man wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:19 pm Hi, I would really like to continue using your mod, however, there is a mod conflict with the Goweil Pack. When trying to use the Goweil Master V140 or whatever it's called, the camera gets stuck, and you need to forcefully try to swap to another vehicle, and then back to the tractor attached to the baler to be able to regain control over your mouse.
Someone else mentioned Goweil as a conflict. I'm going to purchase that DLC and fix that bug.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

My game freezes when It starts raining. How do I find out if it a mod conflict?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

johandenver wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:29 am I wonder if introducing real years in the game would work. Let's say you want to start a farm in the 70's, only equipment produced at that time would then be shown in the shop (mods would of course have to have to some kind of attribute that indicated between which years it was being sold). For every year that passes in game, new equipment could possible be available and equipment that was no longer being sold IRL would then only be available as used. If combined with the equipment thing Sweet Wheat was talking about, it could be a really cool feature.
I've been playing like that with the Rennebu-map. Starting-year 1985 and now Im in 1997. You must set the constraints yourself, and for some equipment there are no good substitute. But then I usually solve it by choosing small equipment in stead.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:44 am My game freezes when It starts raining. How do I find out if it a mod conflict?
Are you able to save the game shortly before rain is due? You can then keep going and see if it freezes; if it does, quit and reload it without Rain Pain. If it doesn't freeze, then there's a problem somewhere.

You can also try reloading the save game with JUST Rain Pain, to see if it's a conflict or just a bug.

Are you using Goweil stuff at all? Which map are you using? Do you have many vehicles or implements, or a lot of dried grass on the ground (grass that's been dried with a tedder but not baled yet)?
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

BazTheHat wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:30 am
JohnDeere77 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:44 am My game freezes when It starts raining. How do I find out if it a mod conflict?
Are you able to save the game shortly before rain is due? You can then keep going and see if it freezes; if it does, quit and reload it without Rain Pain. If it doesn't freeze, then there's a problem somewhere.

You can also try reloading the save game with JUST Rain Pain, to see if it's a conflict or just a bug.

Are you using Goweil stuff at all? Which map are you using? Do you have many vehicles or implements, or a lot of dried grass on the ground (grass that's been dried with a tedder but not baled yet)?
Geoweil? Dont know, and dont think so. Using Rennebu. The game works without Rainpain, and with all my other mods.

Only spots of dried grass, like the one that I missed with the baler.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:56 pm
Geoweil? Dont know, and dont think so. Using Rennebu. The game works without Rainpain, and with all my other mods.

Only spots of dried grass, like the one that I missed with the baler.
Hmm, not sure what's going on there off the top of my head. I can check Rennebu map in case it's that, otherwise there may be a specific mod that it doesn't like.

Do you know how to get the log text file? Maybe make it crash and send me a copy of the log file?

Happy to DM if that makes things easier.
snekko

Post by snekko »

2023-08-23 22:29 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Robert/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_RainPain/main.lua:637: attempt to index local 'isAct' (a nil value)

Got an error when i was relocating the slurry tanker, (basegame, schouten VT130) the tractor was undriveable with the slurrytank connected. (max turning in, and can not get it back straight.) after disconnecting, everything was back to normal. (Ground was frozen, but i wasnt on the fields, just in the yard.)
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

snekko wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:56 pm 2023-08-23 22:29 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
C:/Users/Robert/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/mods/FS22_RainPain/main.lua:637: attempt to index local 'isAct' (a nil value)

Got an error when i was relocating the slurry tanker, (basegame, schouten VT130) the tractor was undriveable with the slurrytank connected. (max turning in, and can not get it back straight.) after disconnecting, everything was back to normal. (Ground was frozen, but i wasnt on the fields, just in the yard.)
Thank you so much for the error from the log file, that helps enormously. If I make a fix for it, would you be OK for me to DM it to you for testing?
snekko

Post by snekko »

Yes thats alright, but I tested it also on a vanilla map (Erlengrat) with base tractor withalmost no mods to be sure its no mod conflict.. Only easy develope controls and maisplus was activated.

Base tractor MF.85.305 with Schouten VT130, time set to februari. time scale 3x. Maybe you are able to recreate the problem.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

etrain wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:35 am I think I found a mod conflict with this mod. I am playing on edge water Saskatchewan and am admittedly playing with a lot of mods, but sometimes after hiring a grain cart worker through courseplay, the field numbers disappear and animations such as crop going into the header and chaff leaving the combine freeze. There might be more problems, but I didn’t look further into it and am sad because this mod sounds awesome!!!
I have no idea on this one! Are you able to send me a copy of the log.txt file from Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022 folder? Make sure the weird thiglngs happen first, quit the game, then send me a copy of the file (feel free to private message me for more help).
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

snekko wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:15 pm Yes thats alright, but I tested it also on a vanilla map (Erlengrat) with base tractor withalmost no mods to be sure its no mod conflict.. Only easy develope controls and maisplus was activated.

Base tractor MF.85.305 with Schouten VT130, time set to februari. time scale 3x. Maybe you are able to recreate the problem.
I've messaged you a link to a test version that should fix the bug.