Rain Pain - new Mod

El Narizon

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by El Narizon »

It seems that every vehicle is dirty within a minute when it rains, no matter if it rolls slowly on tarmac or is on the field.
I just bought a brand new vehicle and it's 100% dirty as I reach the road, still on the store's ground.
Same happened to a totally different vehicle before as well.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

The vehicles will get dirty quicker, but it doesn't make sense for them to get very dirty on the tarmac. Thanks, I'll change that to only get dirtier on the fields.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

btw is there a Github?

I just edited two lines in text_de.xml

Code: Select all

<e k ="GROUND_SOGGY" v = "Der Boden ist ziemlich feucht"/>
        <e k ="GROUND_BOGGY" v = "Der Boden ist matschig"/>
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:12 pm btw is there a Github?

I just edited two lines in text_de.xml

I've made a github account but I'm not used to it at all. I gather I can make a repository and put the latest version up on there, but don't know any more than that.

I will put the edited lines in, though, thank you very much for that.
roomy

Post by roomy »

This is an excellent mod and enhances my seasons playthrough considerably, thank you author.

I would like additional support for Maize Plus, particularly rolling back the state of grass on the field if raining.

Conditioned Grass to Fresh Grass
Semi Dry Grass to Conditioned Grass
Hay to Semi Dry Grass

At the moment, the only grass that changes state if raining when using Maize Plus is Hay to Conditioned Grass.

If the above is to hard to implement, I would be content with the following.

Conditioned Grass to Conditioned Grass (no change)
Hay to Conditioned Grass

Excellent work.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Good idea, roomy.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

roomy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:38 pm This is an excellent mod and enhances my seasons playthrough considerably, thank you author.

I would like additional support for Maize Plus, particularly rolling back the state of grass on the field if raining.

Conditioned Grass to Fresh Grass
Hay to Semi Dry Grass

At the moment, the only grass that changes state if raining when using Maize Plus is Hay to Conditioned Grass.

If the above is to hard to implement, I would be content with the following.

Conditioned Grass to Conditioned Grass (no change)
Hay to Conditioned Grass

Excellent work.
Thank you for your kind words!

I've not used Maize Plus much, so I'll have to see, but assuming they've just created new filltypes, it should be straightforward to make that happen.
BarrettTorqueEm

Post by BarrettTorqueEm »

Bug found when used with MP. See attched log file (
log.txt
(158.17 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
)

Steps to replicate:
  • MP and RP installed
  • Rain last hour (1 day months)
  • Ground still wet but not actively raining
  • Attach to any tedder
  • Hit "Y" to change tedding stage (feature of MP)
  • Errors on this line in main.lua

g_currentMission.attachables[attachable].spec_tedder.fillTypeConvertersReverse[35][1] = 33
    I attempted to init the obj, but I am still learning this APK so im not sure of the index values.

I am willing to beta test if needed.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

BarrettTorqueEm wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:34 am Bug found when used with MP. See attched log file (log.txt)

Steps to replicate:
  • MP and RP installed
  • Rain last hour (1 day months)
  • Ground still wet but not actively raining
  • Attach to any tedder
  • Hit "Y" to change tedding stage (feature of MP)
  • Errors on this line in main.lua

g_currentMission.attachables[attachable].spec_tedder.fillTypeConvertersReverse[35][1] = 33
    I attempted to init the obj, but I am still learning this APK so im not sure of the index values.

I am willing to beta test if needed.
It's not MP compatible yet. It's my first mod and I haven't got to grips with how MP works yet, but it should be clearly marked as single player only, I'm afraid.

I'm looking at making it MP further down the line, so if you're up for beta testing it when that time comes, I'll gladly accept the help.
BarrettTorqueEm

BazTheHat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:49 pm It's not MP compatible yet. It's my first mod and I haven't got to grips with how MP works yet, but it should be clearly marked as single player only, I'm afraid.

I'm looking at making it MP further down the line, so if you're up for beta testing it when that time comes, I'll gladly accept the help.
I apologize, MP was meant to stand for Maize Plus (I referenced a reply from you earlier in this thread) not Multiplayer. I understand the confusion.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

BarrettTorqueEm wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:58 pm
BazTheHat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:49 pm It's not MP compatible yet. It's my first mod and I haven't got to grips with how MP works yet, but it should be clearly marked as single player only, I'm afraid.

I apologize, MP was meant to stand for Maize Plus (I referenced a reply from you earlier in this thread) not Multiplayer. I understand the confusion.
Sorry, that makes more sense!

I *think* I may have fixed this already in an upcoming version. I will send a link tomorrow and you can test it sooner to see if it fixes it, if you like.
BarrettTorqueEm

Will do thanks for the Help!
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

BarrettTorqueEm wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:20 pm Will do thanks for the Help!
I had some time tonight, so here's the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Artr_I1BTbffg714sd3 ... Q?e=C5OCD4

You'll need to delete the old RainPain mod from your mod folder and rename this one to FS22_RainPain.zip (just check if you have extensions available on your PC, as I knew someone before who didn't so they ended up calling it FS22_RainPain.zip.zip)

Any problems, give me a shout.

I've sent this to ModHub who should process it through as a standard update anyway, but it can take them a couple of weeks.
BarrettTorqueEm

BazTheHat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:51 pm
I had some time tonight, so here's the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Artr_I1BTbffg714sd3 ... Q?e=C5OCD4

You'll need to delete the old RainPain mod from your mod folder and rename this one to FS22_RainPain.zip (just check if you have extensions available on your PC, as I knew someone before who didn't so they ended up calling it FS22_RainPain.zip.zip)

Any problems, give me a shout.

I've sent this to ModHub who should process it through as a standard update anyway, but it can take them a couple of weeks.
After a quick test with my save game, it no longer crashes. I will test more in-depth later tonight after work. Great work and awesome turn around time!!
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

... besides translations\text_de.xml is still

<e k ="GROUND_SOGGY" v = "The ground is quite soggy"/>
        <e k ="GROUND_BOGGY" v = "The ground is very boggy"/>
instead of