Rain Pain - new Mod

BazTheHat

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:41 pm ... besides translations\text_de.xml is still

Code: Select all

<e k ="GROUND_SOGGY" v = "The ground is quite soggy"/>
        <e k ="GROUND_BOGGY" v = "The ground is very boggy"/>
instead of

<e k ="GROUND_SOGGY" v = "Der Boden ist ziemlich feucht"/>
        <e k ="GROUND_BOGGY" v = "Der Boden ist matschig"/>
I know I forgot to do something! Apologies, will make sure it's in the next update.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

btw shouldn't there be a help page entry ingame?

RainPainHelpPage.xml
But ingame there's none. German localization.

Edit:
Another thing - could you make it that the damage increase is only a little if the new (lower) speed limit is used?
I just recognized that some line of code calling that function are just commented out.
And what is a lower speed limit good for if the attachable still is getting increased damage whatsoever?
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

El Narizon wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:10 pm btw shouldn't there be a help page entry ingame?

RainPainHelpPage.xml
But ingame there's none. German localization.

Edit:
Another thing - could you make it that the damage increase is only a little if the new (lower) speed limit is used?
I just recognized that some line of code calling that function are just commented out.
And what is a lower speed limit good for if the attachable still is getting increased damage whatsoever?
There should be a help page in the main help menu (where you can read about animals or crop types etc). Does it not appear in German? I can check it out my end later this week, too.

As for the damage code in relation to speed... When I was writing this mod, I realised that (a) different implements had different maximum speeds and (b) it would be possible to have multiple implements attached and working that have different speed restrictions. So, if I made a formula that said x damage at 10 mph, y damage at 15 mph, and so on, then some implements would never reach that speed because of the lower speed restriction and so would never get damaged.

Then there's the fact that speeds can be in kph, and that FS22 vehicle speeds are in an entirely different system (I've no idea how it's calculated).

So, instead, I chose exposure instead of speed. If the implement is working then it is damaged by x multiplied by the number of milliseconds since the last time the function checked. This way, speed is less important than the time you spend working in the mud. And, if the ground is very wet, then x gets bigger, causing more damage.

I'm sure it's possible to do the maths to make it speed related and all work out fine; but this was my first ever mod. I needed a formula that I knew could work.

Hope that makes sense!
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

BazTheHat wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:26 pm There should be a help page in the main help menu (where you can read about animals or crop types etc). Does it not appear in German? I can check it out my end later this week, too.
Exactly, it does not appear.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

Perhaps this could be the culprit, another mod creates that particular issue as it seems:
https://github.com/bodzio528/FS22_CropR ... /issues/37
kobiwaldi

Post by kobiwaldi »

Hi, the help page is there (in german)
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

kobiwaldi wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:14 pm Hi, the help page is there (in german)
Do you use Crop Rotation mod?

It does look like there might be a conflict there, so I think if you don't use it, Rain Pain's menu should work.
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

You can use CropRotation, just rename the mod's .zip file to FS22_zzz_CropRotation or use a number if other mods also need that special treatment.
This is how it looks at my side:

FS22_zz1_fillTypeMassAdjustmentRealistic.zip
FS22_zz2_ForageWagon_VariableCapacity.zip
FS22_zz3_FillLevelWarningForageWagon.zip
FS22_zz4_CropRotation.zip
FS22_zz5_ToolDisplay.zip
at the end of the mod folder.
DozerJZ

Re: Rain Pain - nFS22_RainPain/main.lua:1102: attempt to index field 'fieldWorkTask' (a nil value)ew Mod

Post by DozerJZ »

I am gettng this on FS22- Constantly and it is crashing the game.

D:/ONEDRIVE/@ FARM SIM/@ FS22/@ MODS/FS22_RainPain/main.lua:1102: attempt to index field 'fieldWorkTask' (a nil value)
2023-11-07 08:59 Error: Running LUA method 'update'

I checked the Main.lua and line # 1102 is:
if ai[k].fieldWorkTask.isRunning == true then -- and it's active

I just doubled checked and it has something to do with the grain cart running on courseplay, combines are working great.
bibi_fr

Post by bibi_fr »

Got exactly same error everytime the rain come! None has a solution ?
DozerJZ

Post by DozerJZ »

bibi_fr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:50 am Got exactly same error everytime the rain come! None has a solution ?
Bibi, I recieved a hotfix from Bazthehat, but i have only played an hour or so. Ask him about it and he might be able to send you the fix also. It seems to be working, but i have not had any rain come in since he gave me the fix.
bibi_fr

Post by bibi_fr »

Thanks ill send a private message

i think it's related to a Showel while unloading bunker silo

But thanks
DozerJZ

Post by DozerJZ »

bibi_fr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:45 pm Thanks ill send a private message

i think it's related to a Showel while unloading bunker silo

But thanks
My problem was a grain cart running courseplay, and like i said it does seem to be working, but i have not played enough to tell Baz weather or not it worked.
dwightschrute

Post by dwightschrute »

I recently purchased and installed the Premium expansion and the game updated ( I think).

Anyway, when playing the game, I am able to use planters and seeders with no problem in the rain and in soggy ground. I thought before I installed the new DLC, I couldn't use planters nor seeders in the rain without damaging them.

Would you be able to check into this to see if the new expansion or update may cause some issues with the Rain Pain mod ?

Thank you.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I have this error:
G:/FS22 mods/FS22_RainPain/main.lua:1102: attempt to index field 'fieldWorkTask' (a nil value)
2024-01-19 20:46 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.