Rain Pain - new Mod

BazTheHat

Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by BazTheHat »

My debut mod Rain Pain is now live on modhub. It makes rain more of a problem for you, by doing things like damaging cultivators, turning dried grass back into normal grass, or making sure you can't just harvest the second the rain has stopped because the crops still need time to dry out.

Sound like your thing? Check it out here: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

Any problems, please reply to this post and I'll look at it.

Also, a request for help: I've been asked to make it multiplayer compatible but haven't a clue where to start. So, if anyone fancies giving me a hand with it, I'd really appreciate it.

Happy farming!
blue_painted

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by blue_painted »

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

In my experience, rain doesn't damage ploughs but it does make ploughing slower because the tractor can slip and slide around.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Thanks!

The way I see it (and please correct me if I'm wrong!) tools like ploughs and cultivators will get clogged up with the wet mud, making them not work correctly.

The only mechanic in FS22 that can do something similar is damage, so it's less like "the plough is broken" so much as "the plough is clogged up with mud and needs someone to fix it, so I'd better take it to the mechanic and pay them to clean it up."

Hope that makes sense!
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Damn, you scripted mods.
This is what we need on ALL platforms, if giants wants to run the “let’s watch the leaves change colours” seasons they like.
This is the number one thing I miss from 19. The rain comes in. Simply wait for the wipers to stop moving. Continue with the combine.
I was cutting hay the other day and thought to myself, I miss the aspect where you would have to time cutting hay around the forecast. You may have to wait a couple days if there was rain coming in.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I only started FS since 22, but I found drying grass in the rain killed the immersion for me, which is why I wrote this mod.

Genuinely wish I could make it available on consoles, but I gather that's a policy set by the console makers.

Maybe Giants will include it in later versions?
gile

Post by gile »

Love the idea only one thing (for now, didnt have the time to test this mod thorougly), is it possible to add some sort of status of wettness in the HUD or somewhere else?
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Hi Gile,

Great idea! Thankfully, it's already there. Just walk over any field and you will see a line that tells you if it is raining gently, moderately, heavily, perfectly dry, or even if the ground is frozen.

After it has rained, the same line will tell you if the field is boggy, soggy, a bit damp, or dry. When the ground is wet, ever your footsteps change to a more squelchy sound.
gile

Post by gile »

Ah ok, didnt see that. Cool.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

No worries. Now I think of it, I can't recall if I made it clear that line exists, so thanks for highlighting it for me.
dwightschrute

Post by dwightschrute »

Thank you so much for this mod !

I have missed rain and wet ground actually having an impact on the game like Seasons did in FS19.
empato

Post by empato »

The seasons feature I miss the most from FS19 is the rotting of straw and grass on the fields.

Would be a great addition to this mod if the amount of straw and grass in the fields would slowly decrease during rain.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

@dwightschrute Thank you so much for your kind words! It truly means a lot to me.

@empato Don't mind me *scribbles furiously* That is a great idea, will look into that for the next update. Thank you!
empato

Post by empato »

Love your passion and enthusiasm! Keep up the great work. *thumbsup*
With modders like you, this game will never get bored.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@BazTheHat
I wonder if you know Yumi, or would be able to contact him? His CombineXP mod could really do with a rain/moisture model
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads