ModHub Suggestions

cburgess

ModHub Suggestions

Post by cburgess »

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions for ModHub:

1 - Require mods to include a README.txt in the zip file. The purpose is so that the authors of a mod can provide credits for content that is not originally their's - such as a building or other object, or xml script. This way other modders know where the original came from and are able to contact the original authors.

2 - Related to #1, would be to provide a contact link for a mod author for further info about the mod.

The reason this comes to mind is that I am looking into creating a few mods, and being able to contact another mod author for permission to use their content, such as a shed or production mod that would use their graphics, such as a digestate dryer modded to create only digestate from slurry; or a herbicide production mod that would be modded to ethanol production, etc. New modders generally don't know where in-game graphics come from, default Giants or independent mod authors. Contacting a mod author would facilitate the creation of new mods. A link in the ModHub mod author would be very helpful.
Guil

Re: ModHub Suggestions

Post by Guil »

How would this work for consoles?
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Guil wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:55 pm How would this work for consoles?
If you are creating mods it's probably a given that you should be using a personal computer.
As for just accessing these files if you just have the game on console, I don't know how I can help you if your only computers are a games console and smart phone.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Guil

Post by Guil »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:46 pm
If you are creating mods it's probably a given that you should be using a personal computer.
As for just accessing these files if you just have the game on console, I don't know how I can help you if your only computers are a games console and smart phone.
Doesn't answer the question. Modhub is available on Pc and console so if someone makes a suggestion for modhub, I don't think Giants would entertain it if the idea only benefits less than half the userbase
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Guil wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:36 pm
Gugernoot215 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:46 pm
Doesn't answer the question. Modhub is available on Pc and console so if someone makes a suggestion for modhub, I don't think Giants would entertain it if the idea only benefits less than half the userbase
How would it work for consoles: The readme might be inaccessible for consoles but the contact link would still be in the mod's page in the mod menu.
I don't know how it would work because I'm on windows>

I must of missed the second bit about having a contact link on the mod's page in modhub.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/