Cant see objects or buildings in Giants Editor.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
bmbpdk

Cant see objects or buildings in Giants Editor.

Post by bmbpdk »

Hello all.

Im trying to remove some buildings and a very annoying car in a map.
But when i open the map in GE (9.0.4) the car does not show and several of the buildings do not show up.
The map is Galgenberg 2.0 and i want to remodel my farm, but i cant do that since i cant see the objects in GE.

Can someone please help me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Brian.
Eische

Re: Cant see objects or buildings in Giants Editor.

Post by Eische »

Some buildings are placed using the placeables.xml of the map. Typically base game placeables or mods are positioned through this file.
This keeps the file size of the map small and enables removal of those buildings ingame if specified in the building's xml.

Have a look to that file. All buildings not showing up in GE will have an entry there. Just remove the line for the specific building and it will not show up in game anymore.
If you already have a savegame started, you need to remove the same line from the placeables.xml of your savegame.

The parked car can be found in GE. But it is only a transform group (coordinate system) representing the position of the car.
You can find all car positions in GE usually somewhere under splines, traffic, parkedCars in the maps tree. With the farm location centered, just highlight one parked car position after the other and remove or reposition the one that is showing up in your farm area.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
bmbpdk

Re: Cant see objects or buildings in Giants Editor.

Post by bmbpdk »

Hello Eische.

Thank you SO MUCH, this was a very good help and solved my issue!
Thank you for taking your time to explain to me how GE works, it is much appreciated!
The parked car was found under Splines - trafficsystem - parkedcars and then the very last one, and yes, a car did not show up, but the coordinate system did, that was the thing that confused me; i was looking for a car that "didn exist". (<-- Insert X-files theme here!)