What is the point with bug reporting ?

Totenfarmer

What is the point with bug reporting ?

Post by Totenfarmer »

I reported a bug related to the hay and forage pack a while ago, it was about camera suspension in these vehicles. You, Giants, claim that this is working on your end, which it is not unless you use a different dlc for testing than what you ship to Steam.
All the videos I have seen with this pack the suspension camera is not working, yet your reply to me is that this is indeed working.
I am just wondering why you would outright lie, is this now how QA handles things, they just reply to the customers that it's "working on our end" and then ticks the "solved box" and leaves bugs unsolved ?
Opteo

Re: What is the point with bug reporting ?

Post by Opteo »

I don’t know. They should have had precision farming rtk stations causing harvesters to miss patches of crops fixed years ago. I think they have engine limitations and can’t fix some of it.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Totenfarmer wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:37 pm I reported a bug related to the hay and forage pack a while ago, it was about camera suspension in these vehicles. You, Giants, claim that this is working on your end, which it is not unless you use a different dlc for testing than what you ship to Steam.
All the videos I have seen with this pack the suspension camera is not working, yet your reply to me is that this is indeed working.
I am just wondering why you would outright lie, is this now how QA handles things, they just reply to the customers that it's "working on our end" and then ticks the "solved box" and leaves bugs unsolved ?
Have you tried it with only Giants dlcs, and an empty modsfolder, on a new save?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

@Noraf: Yes, even on a fresh install of the game just in case of file corruption; not working.
I also tried enabling and disabling the dynamic camera in case they were linked somehow, the dynamic camera works, but the indoor suspension camera does not.
As mentioned you can clearly see it's not working by watching videos with the hay and forage pack. Yet Giants is "unable to reproduce", so there are 2 solutions: 1. They are lying or 2. They use a different dlc for testing than what is sold to their customers.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I don't understand, did the Hay and Forage pack come with a new camera setting, or...?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Do you mean the in cab camera view of the vehicles?

I ask as I just tried them and seemed to be working ok to me.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

JensChrDK wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:27 pm I don't understand, did the Hay and Forage pack come with a new camera setting, or...?
There are 2 indoor camera functions in FS22, both are default.
In your ingame settings menu there is one called "Dynamic camera" and there is one called "Indoor suspension camera".
Explanasions of functions: "Dynamic camera" when activated will always try to remain level, e.g if you stand in a 30 degree sideslope you will see the camera will be level.
"Indoor suspension camera" is a default setting that allows the camera to follow the seat up and down on uneven terrain. <-- This is the one not working.
To test just you can go into your settings and see there is no difference with the last settings on or off, if you turn off "Dynamic camera" it's easier to see. The seat will visually go up and down but the camera will not follow.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I'm pretty sure mine does that - but I'll check when I get home later.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

A fresh install will still use old co fig files (game.xml and Gamesettings.xml in my documents/ my games/ farming simulator folder)

Also, are you using any tracking like tobii or track-ir?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Noraf wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:10 am A fresh install will still use old co fig files (game.xml and Gamesettings.xml in my documents/ my games/ farming simulator folder)

Also, are you using any tracking like tobii or track-ir?
No tracking device. I also deleted the FS folder from my documents before reinstall.
It's worth mentioning that the suspension camera works on all other default machinery that has seat suspension.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Totenfarmer wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:20 am
JensChrDK wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:27 pm I don't understand, did the Hay and Forage pack come with a new camera setting, or...?
There are 2 indoor camera functions in FS22, both are default.
In your ingame settings menu there is one called "Dynamic camera" and there is one called "Indoor suspension camera".
Explanasions of functions: "Dynamic camera" when activated will always try to remain level, e.g if you stand in a 30 degree sideslope you will see the camera will be level.
"Indoor suspension camera" is a default setting that allows the camera to follow the seat up and down on uneven terrain. <-- This is the one not working.
To test just you can go into your settings and see there is no difference with the last settings on or off, if you turn off "Dynamic camera" it's easier to see. The seat will visually go up and down but the camera will not follow.
You are totally right, the seat goes up and down but the camera stays in the same height.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

@JensChrDK: Thanks for the confirmation. And seeing this is a default feature not working it's a bug, a bug which Giants denies is there.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

The Fiat 160/180 - 90 form the premium DLC also does not have the suspension camera. I didn't check the Zetor 16045 yet.
Why does Giants not add this camera anymore.....?

Btw, the suspension camera on the Hay and Forage DLC has never been fixed. I've also made a bug report for a functional bug in the Goweil DLC, months ago. Never had any reply, the report is still open and new, so I toally get you question about what is the point with bug reporting.
onebigsho

Post by onebigsho »

I'm not sure what's the point either. Reported an issue with the Steam version of the game and the Dedicated Server component and I've gotten zero response. :( Taking a page out of EA's book apparently. What bugs? That's not a bug, it's a surprise design element!