Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

JanSA

Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by JanSA »

Good day to all my fellow Farming Simulator players/fans,

So, I thought I would create a personal wishlist for Farming Simulator 24/25 or whatever year the next Farming
Simulator would be released. Anyone is allowed to contribute to this list in the comments, I will add them if I
also like the ideas and I will also add more as I remember. This is just a random order as I remember features,
I would like to see. Please note that I am not a Farming Simulator 22 player but I did play Farming Simulator 19
on my laptop for quite some time but my laptop was very underpowered and I don’t have the money to buy a
new laptop or PC and I will never play FS22 on console because of the limited mods. I indeed watch a lot of
YouTube videos of FS22 and have some experience on real life farming.

1. Improved graphics, I feel it is a must for them to improve the graphics and some people may say they
must also redesign the game engine. It would be supper cool if the grain flows more naturally and
everything looks more realistic.

2. Snowrunner like physics, I know this is a highly requested feature for the next game. It would be
amazing if you can get stuck in the mud if it rains a lot and being able to dig a hole on your land and
level your fields and all that sort of stuff but there should be a balance because it won’t be fun getting
stuck the whole time although it would be realistic sometimes. In real life tractor tracks can get pretty
deep and don’t usually disappear anytime soon, I would love to see this added to the next farm sim as
well.

3. Damage system, this will also be very cool to have for some players who like to play realistic, the
ability to scratch or damage your tractor when you drive into a bridge or whatever but there should be a
way to turn this off or set the damage sensitivity as it wouldn’t be fun for new players if they accidently
drive into a wall.

4. Irrigation system, not everywhere there is sufficient rain to supply the water requirements for crops,
that is when irrigation is needed. It would be very cool and realistic to have an irrigation system to
supply the crops with their different water requirements in the next farm sim, this system must be
separate of the fertilizer system and it must be possible to inject fertilizer with the irrigation system too
just like in real life. Possible irrigation systems include: center pivot irrigation, drip irrigation, subsurface
drip irrigation, sprinkler irrigation and flood irrigation. If a field doesn’t already have an irrigation system
installed the player must be able to hire a company to install it or be able to install it themselves. The
system must be as realistic as possible, there must be pipelines to a river or channel and pump to
pump it to the fields.

5. Advanced maintenance system, in real life lots of farmers do the maintenance theirselves, including oil
changes and even engine overalls. It would be amazing in Farming Simulator if you can open the hood
and do checks every 5 hours and oil changes every 10 hours for example but for the players who
aren’t interested in this can pay a small fee to let a dealership do the work for them, it would be very
good if you can replace literally any part on the tractor, harvester or implement. This would mean
Farming Simulator is almost like a mechanic simulator but really a lot of real farmers are qualified
mechanics or even non-qualified mechanics that knows everything a qualified mechanic does.

6. Different regions and more maps, currently Farming Simulator is primarily based in the EU and USA, it
would be fantastic if Giants Software put a bit more work into the maps and bring different regions to
the game like Asia, Africa, Australia and South America. Most of the maps currently is made by
modders which makes some really good maps and I respect them a lot for all the work they put into
maps and mods for no cost, but it would be very nice if we could see some more official maps from
Giants Software featuring different regions as well.

7. Flight simulator like controls, this is another highly requested feature because I can’t describe how cool
it would be being able to sit in your tractor and control every little switch and lever just like in real life!
Open windows and doors and the sunroof as well! This also would be including the advanced
maintenance system that I have already mentioned. There is a mod for FS22 called Interactive Control which really shows how good it can be. I also feel the way you get into the tractor is a bit dated, it
would be super nice if you must first open the door and climb in without teleporting into the tractor.

8. More crops, this is a thing I think Giants Software would likely improve and lots of modders has also
done so. A few examples of crops that I can think of, some of these modders already incorporated into
some maps: Rye, linseed, fieldbeans, alfalfa, rice, millet, flowers: lavender, roses, tulips, saffron just to
name a few, fruits: coffee, lemons, oranges, bananas, pineapples, mangos, apples and watermelons
just to name a few. There is really lots of possibilities with more crops that Giants Software can take
advantage of.

9. Manual labor, it lots of places there is still plenty of manual labor used. In Farming Simulator, it can be
used to harvest specialty crops like flowers, fruits and possibly some other special crops too. A section
where you can employ employees to harvest your specialty crops would be very good as not
everything can be done with machinery and in some places of the world, they even harvest wheat by
hand still.

10. Better manual transmission, I understand the current manual transmission in quite shity and the engine
braking is way too much. It would be lovely if they can improve the manual transmission and make it
more realistic.

11. Better vehicle smoke system, currently the vehicles don’t produce a single piece of black smoke, there
are some mods on FS22 that greatly improves this but it would be very good if it is featured in the base
game. It must also be connected to in which gear you are because if you have too high of a gear,
you’re going to roll coal and if the engine is struggling a lot on an uphill you would likely see black
smoke also.

12. Grazing system, this is another highly requested feature for myself and maybe a lot of other players.
This will give you the ability to let your animals graze a pasture instead of feeding them the whole time.
One fourth of the Earth’s land is used for grazing animals! In Australia there is a 6,000,000-acre farm
that is only used for grazing. This means that if you have 4 grass or alfalfa fields you can let cattle
graze 3 of them and then you make hay from the fourth and then when its winter time you can bring
the cattle to their shed or barn and give them the hay for the winter until they can start grazing again.
This would be best suited for beef cattle as you ideally need to feed dairy cattle for best milk production
but it must also be possible with dairy cattle. It would also be very realistic if you get an application of
fertilizer when you let a herd of cattle graze your grass or alfalfa field.

13. Smarter AI, in every Farming Simulator the AI has always been quite dumb and only improving a little
bit a time. I do think they can make the AI smarter; I don’t know. It would be very good if you can have
AI that doesn’t always make a mess of everything. AI farmer managers would be fantastic if they don’t
mess everything up, this will give you the ability to have a MEGA farm on single player. The AI farm
manager must know where they must park what implement and if an implement that a lazy player like
myself leave in a road must be moved out of the way or parked on their designated spot. For example
you have 5 farms and 4 of them is run by AI farm managers and you run only 1 of them there must be
a section where the AI farm manager ask you what they must plant in that field and if you tell them
cultivate the crop up or whatever they must do it for you without you doing anything on those 4 farms.
They must have a preset routine that they follow like feeding the animals and then harvesting,
cultivating, sowing, fertilizing or whatever every day and you must only confirm when a message pops
up in the right-hand corner. I don’t know if this will make the game too easy but in real life it is realistic
to have farm mangers. The AI farm manager may be a not so good idea but if Giants Software can
only improve the normal AI so that they never have problems that would also be more than enough.

14. Realistic animal system, we all know that you can’t just have a bunch of cows and they will reproduce
on their own and give cows instead of calves, you need to have a bull too! When you have 7 cows for
example you need 1 bull to let the cows reproduce and then you would get calves of both male and
female, the male calves in this scenario can be sold off the bat or you can feed them until they’re fully
grown and sell them as bulls. I just used cattle for an example but it can be used on all of the animals.
The female calves can be then become cows. I think Oxygendavid is working on a mod for this.

15. More animals, the animal industry in Farming Simulator is really fun to work with and some potential
money in, so I think it would be good if Giants Software can expand the animal industry my adding more animals like: Ponies, donkeys, ducks, geese, turkeys, ostriches, rabbits, goats, guinea pigs and
parrots. It is also possible to farm with wild animals but I don’t know if Giants Software would look into
that because it requires substantial amount of space.

16. Meat productions, the reason why this isn’t in the game is probably because Giants
Software want children to also play the game? I don’t get it, you must have an abattoir production
where you can take your cattle and then you get pallets of meat which you can get processed further
into ham, salami, sausage, steak or whatever, nothing wrong with that, children need to know where
their food comes from.

17. More real-life brands and companies other than tractors and implements, it would be great if there was
supermarkets and coffee shops in the game like McDonalds or Walmart where you can go into and
there are pedestrians buying groceries and coffee and cake. It would cheer the player up and they
don’t have to feel lonely after hours of playing. Trade with other farmers or companies, for example you
can buy wheat from another farmer and then you can get it processed into flour selling it at a higher
price or you can trade some wheat for bales or something like that. Again, there are really great
opportunities for Giants Software.

18. Contracts, the ability to sign a contract with a company or someone for example: you signed a contract
to supply McDonalds with potatoes and flour for 3 months and then you will be get a better price for
your product but you must have a lot so that you can supply the company for 3 months and if you can’t
supply you earn a bad reputation and don’t get good contracts as a result and lose money.

19. The ability to eat and drink, I already mentioned the supermarket and coffee shop idea, now what if
you can buy food from those places and eat it! It would be so cool while ploughing a field you can
open, your cool bag and take sandwich and bottle coke out and eat and drink while you plough or even
order a pizza and get it delivered to the farm or field or a coffee, so many opportunities! This would
also be very good for all of the YouTuber who does roleplays and I also like to play as close to real life
as possible and I think many other players do too.

20. Interactable objects, I kind of already mentioned this with the advanced maintenance system and the
ability to eat and drink but just how cool would it be to walk into your virtual workshop and grab a wheel
spanner and a jack and change a tractor or combine tire or do anything in your workshop! And then if
you need some spares you can get it delivered to your farm or you can go buy it in the dealership. This
would also work for your house if you need to make a sandwich or something.

21. Tractors with implements on the roads and in the fields, you also see the other fields are getting
planted or harvested but you never see tractors with implements or harvesters doing it. It would be so
refreshing and motivating to see other tractors on the road and in the field and also some activity at the
dealership like tractors getting repaired or serviced and tractors and implements standing at other
farms and then occasionally see them gone working a field or something.

22. Mobile phone, your mobile phone can be used to order spares, food or manage your workers or
message or call other players in multiplayer or even play some music. Also, lots of possibilities.

23. Drone, a drone would be very helpful for YouTubers to capture cinematic shots but the drone must be
controllable from your virtual mobile phone or remote controller and it must have a separate video feed
saving to your computer so that you can focus on working in the field. It can also be used to capture
data about how your crops is growing and possibly spraying too.

24. Active multiplayer, multiplayer on FS22 I was told isn’t pretty active because it isn’t working properly. I
hope this improves in the next game because it is really fun to play with other players.

25. Natural disasters, it would be realistic if we get storms and floods from time to time or even tornadoes
and fires but I think it won’t be fun if a tornado hits your farm so I would say floods and storms
primarily. Seeing flooded roads and water streams running through your fields won’t be so bad though.

26. More realistic economy, this one was recommended by Gmen9256. This will give you the ability to
strategic plan what you would grow. For example, if a lot of farmers is growing corn the demand for
corn would decrease and so will the prices but if nobody is growing sorghum the demand will increase
and the prices too. This would also work really good in multiplayer if there are competing farms. This will also mean that you can spy on other farmers to see what they are growing, as a result of this you
can grow something that nobody is growing. Please see Gmen9256’s comment on how he described it
and thank you Gmen9256 for the suggestion.

27. Advanced implement controls, this one was recommended by speed150mph. This would mean that
you don’t just press a button and off you go with your combine harvester. On modern machines it is
maybe like this in real life but on old combine harvesters for example you have to get out of the
combine to tweak settings so you don’t lose grain. Please see speed150mph’s comment on how he
described it and thank you speed150mph for the suggestion.

28. Multiplayer and single player trading, this one was recommended by NCWildcatFun. This would mean
you can trade your grain for bales or your eggs for grain or something like that or buy grains and other
products from other farmers and players. This is a feature in Hay Day that I really like, where you have
your newspaper where other players advertise their products and then you can buy them. It would be
great if this would come to the next game in single player and multiplayer. Please see NCWildcatFun’s
comment on how he described it and thank you NCWildcatFun for the suggestion.

I know this is a massive list and way easier said than done and maybe way too complicated for Giants
Software for the next game but this is what my dream Farming Simulator would look like. There are also lots of
very good mods that I know of for FS22 that I hope will be returning in the next Farming Simulator. Thank you
for reading and feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments. Edit 21/8/2023: After some people in
the comments or Reddit waked me up, I understand that most of these features is completely unnecessary and would
make the game difficult to play and boring and not as relaxing as before. So I would say that Giants Software
only needs to consider some of these suggestions, just the ones that would improve the game and make it
more fun. Maybe 10 of these features must be taken into consideration.
Last edited by JanSA on Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ag Hauler

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by Ag Hauler »

I would like to see a scenario where you start off on an old run down farm with old or even ancient equipment and work up to more modern equipment and upgraded buildings. I personally am a big fan of the forestry element and would like to see this within the forestry side also for example old log skidders or even the ability to do horse logging.
Glencarron

Post by Glencarron »

Quite the list. I don’t often use this forum as I have trouble just having enough time playing the game.
I grew up on a farm (NZ) where animal husbandry was the big deal; cattle and sheep. I really would love to see improvements to animal work, bigger fields for grazing rather than little pens and needing to rotate around the fields/paddocks.
I see above that you mentioned Oxygendavid is working on a mod for a bull for breeding. Any more info on this? Would love to see this in play.
I also would like to see irrigation come into the game and work with dynamic weather even if it means less yields or having to sell off some animals because you don’t have enough feed.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Seems like an awfully big wishlist for someone who hasnt even played 22 because their system is too slow. Adding all the things you wish for would require quite the system to run it, at least IMO. But concerning several of your requests:
They wont incorporate damage because the manufactures wont support/allow it, or at least thats what Giants has said.
The games biggest sales are most likely from Europe and USA, they arent likely to spend a lot of time building maps based on areas where they dont have many players nor the proper resources/knowledge of said area to do a map the proper justice.
Many farms raise cattle without a bull, its called AI..
There wont be meat or alcohol productions as it would jeopardize the E rating for the game. Giants has stated repeatedly they want the game to be for anyone without any age restrictions.
They arent going to waste time or energy getting licenses so you can walk into Walmart or McDonalds. And there are already 3rd party maps on PC that have real businesses for that area.
Putting other "farmers" out working their fields will only hog more resources that could be used for more important things in the game.
Honestly while some of your ideas would be good they aren't likely to be seen in the next base game. Some of your ideas are just "fluff" and extremely unlikely to appear in game. And heres the thing you have to keep in mind, for every one player that wants more realism in the game theres 20 that want exactly the opposite and that unfortunately will make it hard for Giants to add any of that.
In short, your wishlist will most likely be just that, a list of wishes.
Playing on PC and PS4
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:43 am
in addition, IMO, would say that damaging isnt to consider, because the focus is farming simulation, that would create whole situations that I would prefer to avoid....

they must focus on finish/improve what they already have in game (precision farming needs urgently guidance steering: what is precision farming without that??? add grapes/olives fertilization data, simplification of some existing features: cultivator, disc harrows/subsoilers, plows, more self prop sprayers/spreaders...)

the only thing I agree with you is, a nice rework on husbandry (add new species aswell), and my suggestion is a rework on field rocks (it should be digged up only on newly opened fields, and dont annoy anymore as soon as you pick them off, that is the perfect condition to deal with them!)

graphic improvement and dynamic soil will come with self development, otherwise, new games will be pointless...

remainder, I make @Drmattymd words, my words!
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

There are some great suggestions there, and some pretty ridiculous ones too tbf. A lot I would like to see implemented, but things like interactive items so you can make your own sandwich...nah, get outta here with those kind of jokes.

Good list on the whole though.
JanSA

Post by JanSA »

Glencarron wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:00 am Quite the list. I don’t often use this forum as I have trouble just having enough time playing the game.
I grew up on a farm (NZ) where animal husbandry was the big deal; cattle and sheep. I really would love to see improvements to animal work, bigger fields for grazing rather than little pens and needing to rotate around the fields/paddocks.
I see above that you mentioned Oxygendavid is working on a mod for a bull for breeding. Any more info on this? Would love to see this in play.
I also would like to see irrigation come into the game and work with dynamic weather even if it means less yields or having to sell off some animals because you don’t have enough feed.
I think Oxygendavid and the farming agency have done this mod: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
JanSA

Post by JanSA »

Sorry everyone, I know some things on this list is ridiculous. I have had too many time on my hands Saturday but if I can just figure out how to update the list that would be great. I also have a thread on Reddit that I updated. https://www.reddit.com/r/farmingsimulat ... _wishlist/
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

JanSA wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:01 pm if I can just figure out how to update the list that would be great.
On your own posts you should have four icons in red at the top right corner. The one that looks like a pen is the one you want.
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

All i really want is more realistic looking weather ( fs17 was still the best for me), and for more types of weather ie bring foggy days back (again in fs17), and perhaps thunderstorms or hail showers. And finally give us back the type of seasons we had in fs19 along with the more complex animal care
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Don't forget the people who just want to plonk down on the sofa at the end of the day and harvest wheat 365 days a year with no interference from Seasons or anything!

I'm not one of those myself, but I well remember the rage when "season cycles" meant that one has to wait for a crop to grow before harvest.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Glencarron

Post by Glencarron »

JanSA wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:57 am
Glencarron wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:00 am Quite the list. I don’t often use this forum as I have trouble just having enough time playing the game.
I think Oxygendavid and the farming agency have done this mod: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Cheers; I’m on PS5 so will have to keep waiting.
JanSA

Post by JanSA »

Urinal2001 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:18 pm
JanSA wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:01 pm if I can just figure out how to update the list that would be great.
On your own posts you should have four icons in red at the top right corner. The one that looks like a pen is the one you want.
Thank you, I managed to update it.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Ag Hauler wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:06 pm I would like to see a scenario where you start off on an old run down farm with old or even ancient equipment and work up to more modern equipment and upgraded buildings. I personally am a big fan of the forestry element and would like to see this within the forestry side also for example old log skidders or even the ability to do horse logging.
Your first scenario can be achieved by playing Farmer's Dynasty.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Although your list is long and ambitious, I have only one wish, finish/improve the existing functionality.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.