HORI farming vehicle control system

Reef

Re: HORI farming vehicle control system

Post by Reef »

I would be tempted to buy the side panel alone but would probably stick with my G27 as the main wheel, it even has a steering knob (two if you count me).
Geordie94

Post by Geordie94 »

I bought the farming control system on pre ordrr and was flawless for the first two two three weeks then I had the same problem steering right. I then installed the latest firmware update which seemed to fix that problem but I now have intermittent lose of steering completely which only comes back on after going the full rotation left or right . Have contacted hori support twice and as of yet have had no answer. I'm very disappointed in hori as all I want is an answer to fix my problem but will have no choice soon but to ask for a refund of amazon .
perwel

Post by perwel »

Mine is still working. Got it a couple of days before Christmas, played since then FS22 almost every day. Very first thing I did was to install latest firmware, the one that fixes steering problem.
Have done many maybe hundreds of left/right turns after each other during field work and no problems so far.
FYI
I have my wheel and panel connected directly on back of PC in USB3 ports. Also have nothing else connected to any USB port only mouse and keyboard.
Always start with connecting wheel then panel, no idea if this order makes any difference but that is what HORI says in the install guide.

It says 2 years guarantee from HORI. Where I bought it I have 60 days to return with no questions asked.
If it still works after 59 days I believe it is OK.
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

HORIEuropeTeam wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:28 pm Dear perwel,

our developers are also working on an update on dead zone settings as this was frequently requested.
We hope for an update soon and apologise for the wait. We are happy to post and update here once we have news.
How is it going with this Dead Zone fix.
No need to go down to zero, just reduce it as much as possible.

TIA
Per W
Sweden
Per W
Sweden
HORIEuropeTeam

Post by HORIEuropeTeam »

Hi perwel,

we are sorry for the wait. The update is still in progress, but we should have a new app version ready soon.

Best regards,
HORI Europe Team
Pericops

Post by Pericops »

Good afternoon, do you know what day the software update will arrive to correct the steering problems? Thank you
perwel

Post by perwel »

Pericops wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:09 pm Good afternoon, do you know what day the software update will arrive to correct the steering problems? Thank you
If your problem is steering right it is fixed with latest firmware. Worked for me several weeks
The one we are waiting for is a smaller dead zone
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

My temp "fix" for dead zone are:
In Hori app wheel set to 900 degree
In FS wheel dead zone 11
If you have FS dead zone to 0-1 (zero or one) you will get that big jump in steering, smaller jump with 11

works OK for me until next firmware
Per W
Sweden
Achimobil

Post by Achimobil »

I do the same, but I had to set the dead zone in FS to 16 to not have the jump.
Having the Hori now for a week and I'm so happy.
Its very big in relation to the old farming wheel, but I think I will learn to use that
Support für meine Mods im Discord
perwel

Post by perwel »

Yes I know that by setting DZ to 15+ there are no jump at all but then you have a DZ in wheel movement.
You have to move the wheel a bit before anything happens.
I want the steering to react ASAP when I move the wheel, with Logitech I had FS DZ=1 so it started to turn right away, like in a real vehicle.
With DZ 11 there is only a very tiny jump and I do not have to move wheel so much. Can drive full speed with all vehicles on roads with no problem.
Per W
Sweden
Achimobil

Post by Achimobil »

I have more the problem with the assignment. I assigned e.G. the change of tip direction to 35+21 and tip to 35+22 and load to 35+24. That makes a logical assignment.
The normal assignment without the 35 Button is to look around in the vehicles, which is a good predefinition.
But when I use any of the assigned button on that cross (21-25) with the 35 Button the normal look around is not working anymore. I need to step out the vehicle and step in again.
Also tabbing to another vehicle do not solve. Is that a problem anybody has mentioned and solved?
perwel

Post by perwel »

Achimobil wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:22 am I have more the problem with the assignment. I assigned e.G. the change of tip direction to 35+21 and tip to 35+22 and load to 35+24. That makes a logical assignment.
The normal assignment without the 35 Button is to look around in the vehicles, which is a good predefinition.
But when I use any of the assigned button on that cross (21-25) with the 35 Button the normal look around is not working anymore. I need to step out the vehicle and step in again.
Also tabbing to another vehicle do not solve. Is that a problem anybody has mentioned and solved?
This is not a HORI problem it is FS22 that gets confused sometimes.
I have had similar problem with Logitech kit, not now with HORI. I could not load seeders, tank with water and so on
and only thing was to exit tractor and enter again and then it worked.
Try to assign different.
Try by reset to default and start again.

I have tip set to 32, load to (wheel) 9 (r stick press),
Default Change tipside is (wheel) 16 + Dpad down I have not changed that.

Do you have the Default settings map? If not:
https://hori.co.uk/hpc-043u/mapping
Per W
Sweden
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Achimobil wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:22 am I have more the problem with the assignment. I assigned e.G. the change of tip direction to 35+21 and tip to 35+22 and load to 35+24. That makes a logical assignment.
After first connection of the Hori set, it is necessary to reset the key bindings. Did you do that? If not perhaps this already solves the problem.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
Achimobil

Post by Achimobil »

Thanks perwell, will try different assignmenst.
yes TopAce888, I reset and before I disconnect also my 2 joystick to give the default binding a chance ;)
Dustymarz

Post by Dustymarz »

I see alot of fixes for the steering wheel. I was able to update the steering wheel firmware no problems. That works perfectly. What doesn't work is the control panel. No matter what usb port I put it in I can't update it. Tried reinstalling drivers. Tried resetting comp. Tried re installing the hori device manager. Nothing. Tried it on a different computer still nothing. Tried updating my computer and it's up to date. When I plug it in I hear a ding sound and able to see the red light on the joystick then maybe like as soon as I touch it. I hear the ding sound again. And the light is off. The control panel icon won't even show up on the device manager. At first it did. Then when I went to update it, it disappeared and hasn't been working