HORI farming vehicle control system

Tuggy

Re: HORI farming vehicle control system

Post by Tuggy »

I received my Hori farming vehicle control system on Saturday November the 4th.

It is a great build quality, however I have a problem where I can't turn as much to the right than to the left. I then have to unplug and plug back in and the problem goes away.
Lecter55533

Post by Lecter55533 »

Hi Floris.. I just noticed on the Amazon website that under this item it states: "Control all Farming Simulator functions without need for a keyboard with 76 total buttons and customize layout and other settings with companion app (Please update firmware with app before using for best experience)". I wonder if updating the firmware may remove this issue?
farmert79

Post by farmert79 »

I followed the instructions to hookup the Hori Farming Vehicle system, updated the firmware, etc. I loved the system.....for 2days. Now I can't control the vehicles. The wheel has lost control. Will not recenter properly, will not turn right, randomly takes off in a different direction. It is UNPLAYABLE! I am very disappointed in the electronics so far. If their is not a fix ASAP I will be returning the system for a refund. It's a shame as it is an awesome design, just doesn't work......
I power reset and it works for about 5 minutes.
perwel

Post by perwel »

farmert79 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:42 pm I followed the instructions to hookup the Hori Farming Vehicle system, updated the firmware, etc. I loved the system.....for 2days. Now I can't control the vehicles. The wheel has lost control. Will not recenter properly, will not turn right, randomly takes off in a different direction. It is UNPLAYABLE! I am very disappointed in the electronics so far. If their is not a fix ASAP I will be returning the system for a refund. It's a shame as it is an awesome design, just doesn't work......
I power reset and it works for about 5 minutes.
Me: I have built my last 10+ PCs myself, want to know exact what HW I get. Worked as programmer/developer for 25+ years.
Retired now so gaming is my hobby.

Are you using a USB Hub?? One thing HORI advice NOT to use, can make the system not work as it should. Connect direct into PC.
What motherboard do you have? Windows version? I am on 10 and it works great. Win 11 seems to have some issues, I am
into X-plane 12 and on that forum I've got a feeling that many that have strange problems are on Win11. No idea why?
MS have changed a lot in 11. New OS is not like getting a new car, best to wait a year or two wait for lots of upgrades.

Also check controller settings, maybe something else is assigned to steering and interfere with it.
Go to settings and press the Reset all, should set it to default assignments. And hopefully only one axis to steering.
I just try to give you some hints, sometimes problems are very easy to fix.

I saw on a Youtube clip someone who did a setup, when he was in the Windows Hori App and when he was in the App settings page he checked everything and pressed Save or something like that.

If you have done everything I said above, sorry I have no idea.

I just put an order on this system maybe I will get it next week. Hard to believe that Hori have not seen this during testing
before they start to sell it.

If I run into same problems like this and manage to fix it I'll post it here. If not and I return it I'll also post here.
If more then we have this problem they will have lots of refunds and hard to get new customers and lose reputation.

Life is like that new things the very first impression is important, if it is bad you back away from it and maybe never turn back.
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

One more thing is to Not touch anything on the wheel or sidepanel during boot of PC or when connecting them.
Saw that in the setup guide
Per W
Sweden
farmert79

Post by farmert79 »

Thanks for the info. I am running windows 11. I have an above average PC. Gigabyte motherboard, AMD Ryzen 9 12 core processor at 3.70 GHz, 32 G ram, liquid cooled, 4TB and RTX 306O graphics card.
I followed all install instructions. After having the issue I went back to the Hori app and checked for settings options. There is a graph that shows the radius as you turn the wheel. It would not go full to the right and you can tell the problem is in the "recentering". I will check further into the video you suggested. I really hope to solve the problem as it truly is an awesome setup. I am disappointed that I reached out to Hori support Monday afternoon and they have NOT responded. So poor customer service so far.
perwel

Post by perwel »

farmert79 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:53 pm Thanks for the info. I am running windows 11. I have an above average PC. Gigabyte motherboard, AMD Ryzen 9 12 core processor at 3.70 GHz, 32 G ram, liquid cooled, 4TB and RTX 306O graphics card.
I followed all install instructions. After having the issue I went back to the Hori app and checked for settings options. There is a graph that shows the radius as you turn the wheel. It would not go full to the right and you can tell the problem is in the "recentering". I will check further into the video you suggested. I really hope to solve the problem as it truly is an awesome setup. I am disappointed that I reached out to Hori support Monday afternoon and they have NOT responded. So poor customer service so far.
OK not a bad slow system.
That thing in the Hori app that the wheel check shows that it does not go fully right sounds very bad. Wonder why?
I know they are using some magnetic sensors instead of old fashion mechanic things.
I have some magnetic sensors in my rudders for flightsims and they have worked a couple of years with no problem.
Is there some "reset/center" button in the app? Should be in case of things goes out of sync.
Have you tried to toggle between the 900/360/180 degree wheel rotation settings?
Try to set it to 180 as a first test just to see what happens. If it works set 360 and so on....

This worries me a little, google on it gives zero hits. So how many have this Hori system I wonder. If it is a serious design error many should
have this problem!!??
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

In an post early post someone had same problem with not fully turn right. He unplugged the wheel and plugged in again and problem was gone.

Try that
Per W
Sweden
farmert79

Post by farmert79 »

I did unplug and plug. Worked about 5 minutes. I moved it to my gaming laptop. Downloaded the app and it showed the firmware was up to date. Worked about 15 minutes and then went out of control. The app doesn't offer any type of reset. The guy that posted the comparison video told me he started having the same issue. He thinks it needs a firmware update. I really hope Hori will fix the issue ASAP! I really want to keep the system. The wheel really felt great. Even better than my G29. Love the joysticks eliminating the need for a separate controller. And the side unit is totally awesome. Just gotta be able to control the wheel. 👍
Tommy93

Post by Tommy93 »

farmert79 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:48 am I really hope Hori will fix the issue ASAP! I really want to keep the system.
Just a question for all the people in this topic having issues with their Hori system:
Did you email Hori? And what was their reply?
perwel

Post by perwel »

farmert79 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:48 am I did unplug and plug. Worked about 5 minutes. I moved it to my gaming laptop. Downloaded the app and it showed the firmware was up to date. Worked about 15 minutes and then went out of control. The app doesn't offer any type of reset. The guy that posted the comparison video told me he started having the same issue. He thinks it needs a firmware update. I really hope Hori will fix the issue ASAP! I really want to keep the system. The wheel really felt great. Even better than my G29. Love the joysticks eliminating the need for a separate controller. And the side unit is totally awesome. Just gotta be able to control the wheel. 👍
OK no more ideas. Only thing left is that maybe that latest firmware update have this problem.
Sometimes new software updates have new problems. As an old experienced (done programming for 40+ years) programmer said to
me when I was at a tech meeting in Europe: "You know that bug fixes is only replacement of bugs". I know fix one and you maybe create 5 new ones.

Do you connect to USB 2 or 3 ? Ver. 3 is Blue. 3 is fastest as I think we all know.

So when I get this system I will try to run/use it without that update.
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

One more thing.
Maybe it is the USB ports on your PC that does not work as they should. Might sometimes transfer corrupt data if out of date after a update of windows.
So check the USB drivers, Win11 can have old USB drivers. From what I have found USB drivers are not updated
in a Windows update. Maybe I am wrong on that, might have been changed.

Maybe there is not enough power from USB for the Farming system so it is almost not working at all.
So check or get latest USB drivers for win11 or 10 if you are like me still on 10.

Just another idea I've got and seen in the past when building my machines, sometimes trouble with USB devices
and after updating USB drivers things have started to work again. Sometimes a Win update can make the USB drivers
go out of date and not work properly for that new win update.

Anyway that steering problem is something I have never heard before about magnetic sensors. My flightsim rudders MFG Crosswind are also using
magnetic sensors for steering and brakes and they have worked for 2-3 years and in average 2 flights a day.
Wonder what electronic box they use for the sensors, I have a tool for my rudders to connect that box and check and even change how it works.
Per W
Sweden
Floris.Verstegen

Post by Floris.Verstegen »

I think that this now should work in the new update.
perwel

Post by perwel »

That thing about steering wheel goes crazy is mentioned in the install/setup guide under Troubleshooting :

Q: Product is not working properly. (Example: The wheel operates on its own without touching it.)

A: The product might not be connected properly. Please make sure the firmware is updated to the latest version and follow the steps below to reconnect the product to the PC.

Then an image showing order of connection:
1. Connect pedals to steering wheel. (Quite obvious)
2. Connect steering wheel to PC, direct to PC no USB hub or extension cable.
3. Connect side panel/stick, direct to PC no USB hub or extension cable

If this order is only for the very first setup I do not know, nothing in guide about that.
Safest is to always do it that way.

Other USB things you can connect in any order but not this one.
I do suspect that wheel and side panel are "talking" to each other, that is the reason for the order.
And that other games does not recognize it because it is not the old type of USB controls.

Might have to do with the new sensor things.

I ordered it from Amazon in Germany and it is on its way. I take the chance that it will work if you treat it the right way
Seen several Youtubers that are using it and done that in some quite long live broadcast and it seems to work.
They also mention these Hori controls in the clip description
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

The info about steering problem is not in the install guide but here in online Q-A
https://hori.co.uk/hpc-043u/qanda/
Per W
Sweden