HORI farming vehicle control system

PrincessJessi84

Re: HORI farming vehicle control system

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Have these issues been resolved? I am looking at a new wheel setup as I have gotten my wife into ATS and intend on gifting her my t150 setup and I really like the looks of this and the price is comparable to a lot of racing setups which don't feel real good with simulators imo.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
perwel

Post by perwel »

I will report back here after playing for a couple of days about if it still works or not. Plenty of time, I'm retired now, need some hobby.
Should arrive on Wednesday around 5PM, 17 in my time. We have 24 hour time here Sweden.

Something in my head tells me that if it is a bad design with flaws I do believe that it would have been a lots of noise at Discord, Youtube and other forums.
But no complaints, only two that I think is easy to fix, maybe. Always some that are not happy with some of the things they get.
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

i've had mine for a couple weeks and it works really well. the full size joystick on the side panel is way better than the (still pretty good) logitech side panel. i haven't had any problems with the wheel and it seems to work out of the box for fs22, but for ats i had to adjust the deadzones to keep it from jerking a bit. the only complaint i have is the turn indicator stick is a little loose and it doesn't always hit the sensor for right turn if i just tap it, but since i don't know of any other wheel that even has a turn indicator, that's not a deal breaker for me.
perwel

Post by perwel »

coleislazy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:05 am i've had mine for a couple weeks and it works really well. the full size joystick on the side panel is way better than the (still pretty good) logitech side panel. i haven't had any problems with the wheel and it seems to work out of the box for fs22, but for ats i had to adjust the deadzones to keep it from jerking a bit. the only complaint i have is the turn indicator stick is a little loose and it doesn't always hit the sensor for right turn if i just tap it, but since i don't know of any other wheel that even has a turn indicator, that's not a deal breaker for me.
Sounds good. What Win version are you on? I am on 10.

I also have ATS and ETS2 but I use the Logitech G29 for those.
Per W
Sweden
PrincessJessi84

Hey thanks. It all sounds like it has been/is being lined out nicely. I getting a new, up to date pc (something I can continue to upgrade into the future as my Dell hit its upgrade limit early on) early in 24 and then my sights are set on getting another wheel, this time focusing on something more for heavy equipment. I already have the logitech side panel that I got stand alone and I love it but that new one looks way better. The whole setup will go nicely with the games I play and now I am really excited. It is going to be an exciting year for my sim setup! Maybe time to update the head tracker too? Idk whats current and works best these days.
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
perwel

Post by perwel »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:11 pm Hey thanks. It all sounds like it has been/is being lined out nicely. I getting a new, up to date pc (something I can continue to upgrade into the future as my Dell hit its upgrade limit early on) early in 24 and then my sights are set on getting another wheel, this time focusing on something more for heavy equipment. I already have the logitech side panel that I got stand alone and I love it but that new one looks way better. The whole setup will go nicely with the games I play and now I am really excited. It is going to be an exciting year for my sim setup! Maybe time to update the head tracker too? Idk whats current and works best these days.
I have the TrackIR and are very happy with it. Works great with ETS2 and ATS, only tried it in FS22. In X-plane it is only ok with small
prop planes when you have to look around during manual visual landing. In airliners it does not add anything.

https://www.trackir.com/
Per W
Sweden
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Has the problem with steering to the left and right been fixed yet?
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
perwel

Post by perwel »

TopAce888 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:45 pm Has the problem with steering to the left and right been fixed yet?
No. I got it from Amazon and was very happy, at first. Looked and felt very nice, rubber on the steering wheel felt nice.
Installed it as Hori says,
1. update firmware
2. plug in Steering wheel
3. then the side panel.
It worked ok in the Hori app but...

After 2 hour doing a mission I could not turn right. Did what Hori says,
unplug everything and plugin wheel and then sidepanel. Nothing helped
So I put it back in the box, lucky I took several pictures with phone how it should be put back in when unpacking.

Tried again next day and suddenly it worked, turned wheel left/right several times in Horis app. It worked OK
Started FS22 and it did still work. Started a field work and 10-15 min later problem started again and even worse.
Suddenly tractor wheels where all way to the right when I had wheel in center. It had gone completely crazy.
When I moved wheel the in cab tractor wheel jumped around.

This I found out first 30 min when it did work as it should:
One more things I noticed, there is a 14-15% dead zone in the Steering wheel itself at 900 degree setting,
if you lower it to 360, next lower setting the dead zone is slightly lower. Only way to get no dead zone is to
set it to lowest setting 180 degree. 90 left/right, totally useless if you can not get 900 as in other steering wheels with almost zero dead zone.
I've set min dead zone in FS to 1% and it works great with Logitech Heavy kit and also with my G29. I want steering to react with no delay.
If I have it to 1% in FS and 900 degree Hori wheel setting the steering will make a big jump in the direction I steer.
No precision in steering near center. The wheel also is a little loose, can move it around a little, like some ball bearings is missing.
Very bad for this price, should have been as stable as eg. the G29.

Side panel was very nice, nothing bad to say about that one. Might get it if sold separately.

Whole kit Overpriced, 4-500 is to much. 3-400 is better just because the nice side panel. It also have a dead zone but it is OK for me.
That dead zone in steering wheel destroys a lot for me. + the steering problem.

So I will send it back and get refund. It is already fixed and I've got a DHL address label, should be free shipping for me.

That steering wheel jumping you can see inside cab on some of the Youtube clips. Check this one from start, he is inside cab
He must have set FS dead zone low and leaving Hori wheel at default 900 degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOsMq43UyUU&t=487s

When he reads print outside on box.....
Hori says "Robust and realistic turn signal level", that statement is a joke. No distinct positons, can move it around in a circle.
"Extremely Precise steering" BS is what I say. If they remove that built in Dead zone that not can be set it will be Precise

So my suggestion is to wait at least until it have been out for a while, it is still quite new on the market and need some
fixing. And lots of positive reviews and check also Youtube clips
Strange is that some youtubers are still using it, no bad comments.
So hopefully mine is some "Monday version" as we say in Sweden, half sleeping workers on Monday morning.
Maybe bad quality during making and sometimes they do not get it right.

I will instead go for the Thrustmaster farmstick and my G29 steering wheel .
Got the G29 for ETS2 and ATS and some F1 racing in first place.

Now after this adventure with Hori (I hesitate to try again) in FS22 I tried instead the G29 and Logitech Heavy kit side panel. Works great.
I will definitely get the TM Farmstick and test it, TM have always been very good at what they are doing.
Per W
Sweden
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

That doesnt sound good. And the large deadzone doesnt make any sense with the hall effect technology. I guess it is no "Monday version" (we have the same expression in Germany), the reviews on Amazon are really bad, and nearly everyone has this steering problem.

I tried a combination of Thrustmaster T128 and Farmstick last weekend, but I wasnt pleased either. At first, I thought it would be a big advantage not to have to screw the stick to the desk. But it wasnt very stable during operations and moved constantly on my desk. Besides that, I couldnt find a good position between wheel and stick to use both in a natural way. The stick seemed always to be too far away which made the handling feel quiet odd. But the worst thing was, after plugging in the stick force feedback of the wheel was deactivated so the wheel didnt longer centered by itself.
Meine LS22-Mods

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
perwel

Post by perwel »

TopAce888 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:47 pm That doesnt sound good. And the large deadzone doesnt make any sense with the hall effect technology. I guess it is no "Monday version" (we have the same expression in Germany), the reviews on Amazon are really bad, and nearly everyone has this steering problem.

I tried a combination of Thrustmaster T128 and Farmstick last weekend, but I wasnt pleased either. At first, I thought it would be a big advantage not to have to screw the stick to the desk. But it wasnt very stable during operations and moved constantly on my desk. Besides that, I couldnt find a good position between wheel and stick to use both in a natural way. The stick seemed always to be too far away which made the handling feel quiet odd. But the worst thing was, after plugging in the stick force feedback of the wheel was deactivated so the wheel didnt longer centered by itself.
Ok thanks for info. After all maybe my/our present setup is the best. Some racing wheel and Logitech Heavy side panel in farming work.
Forest and cranes it must the Logitech Heavy wheel because the small joysticks on wheel.
I tried force feedback with G29 in FS but it was crazy, full force whole time could not steer at all even at lowest setting. But in FS there is no need for it anyway. I have set the G29 to only have a centering spring.
In ETS2 and ATS it does work nice
Per W
Sweden
PrincessJessi84

Oh wow. Yea I think I will stick with my setup for now. The t150 pro, at the time, was considered a "cheap" setup but it works really well for me. My next wheel will have joysticks (and maybe some extra buttons but idk if that is even a thing?). My side panel does exactly as it should so I guess "if it aint broke" comes into play here. Honestly, my setup, while not super expensive, does what I need really well. If it wasn't for my wife getting into ATS with me, I would have no reason to trade any of it. I am guessing that my trackir pro is still considered top shelf. I just need a good lefty stick. Does anyone know if fs22 will work with more than 1 siatek side panel? Sadly I don't use my shifter or tophat anymore as the constant clutching in ATS and other games gets my core hurting real bad and limits my time in game.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

Yes, two Saitek side anels are working.
Meine LS22-Mods

Floris.Verstegen

Post by Floris.Verstegen »

I was really looking forward to the HORI set-up. Especially the turn leaver and the joystick looked appealing. I would look into the option to remove the spring from the steering wheel based on my experience with the Saitek wheel, where I disliked the spring. Currently using a G29.

But the negative reviews on the quality of the wheel, but even the joystick have put that plan on hold. Especially with the release of the Thrustmaster SimTask FarmStick which is also better available.

Instead I purchased two SimTask FarmSticks for €190,- in total and I am very happy with the quality and performance. The Magnetic Hall Effect sensor joystick operates extremely smooth across the entire X/Y/Z-Axis with super precision. The buttons on the joystick itself are great and the software functionality of driving/operating mode is well thought. The mini joystick for the camera still needs getting used too. I prefer for now the Saitek Side panel joystick for that. Not sure if I will ever get used to that, I prefer to play from the cabine as much as possible to IRL. That requires a lot of quick looking front, back and side-ways. Still have a zoom issue with the scroll wheel, but that seems software related or a configuration issue on my end.

Buttons on the base I don’t use, for that I keep my Saitek side panel now. Plan is to do a custom build that will completely replace the Saitek side panel.

For me the Thrustmaster SimTask FarmStick in combination with the HORI quality issues has killed the HORI set-up as an option. The only thing I was initially positive about was the throttle lever. But since it is not self-centering, I don’t see the added value anymore. Only need to come up with a good lever for the blinkers and for direction change…
HORIEuropeTeam

Post by HORIEuropeTeam »

Dear users,

This is the official account of Hori Europe.

We apologise for all the inconveniences caused by the steering issue.
We would like to inform you about the newest update of our Farming Vehicle Control System.

The new HORI Device Manager 1.1.21 fixes steering issues that have been occurring on some PCs.
It can be downloaded on our website: https://hori.co.uk/hpc-043u/app/

To update your controller, please follow these steps:

Download and install the HORI Device Manager App 1.1.21

Open the app and connect the Farming Controller Wheel

Click on the controller image in the app. A pop-up window will appear and you can follow it to update your controller.

Once the update is complete, your Farming Controller Wheel should have Ver 1.3.3

Disconnect the controller, close the app and reconnect the controller set to play again.

Thank you for choosing us and for your patience!
perwel

Post by perwel »

I have one coming from a local seller, MaxGaming. Placed that order long time ago and last time I checked it would be back in stock around 18 Jan 2024. And I forgot about it.
Today I've got a text msg from the swedish mail service Postnord with a question where I want it to be delivered for me to pickup. To late to cancel order when it is already on its way.

But this new firmware makes the FS world a little brighter. First thing I will check is that dead zone, if it is still there I will send it back even if I can play for hours/days without any problem.
Talked to MaxGaming and I will try it over Christmast and it is OK to send it back if I'm not happy. Think they have 60 days return without and questions asked.

I'll report here how it goes.
Per W
Sweden