HORI farming vehicle control system

Emanuel83

Re: HORI farming vehicle control system

Post by Emanuel83 »

To whom it might be intersting: the new FW 1.3.3 is not helping (at least for me) for the issue of steering to the right.. Problem still exisits. At 900° setting, all steering wheel inputs to RIGHT side >50% to 100% are not correclty processed. There is sometimes a kind of "flickering", "jumping" visible in the app which shows the "degree" turning, but no smooth operation at all.
@Hori please follow up
Des is gkupft wia ghatscht und bis zum Heiratn is wieda guat :coolnew:
Emanuel83

Post by Emanuel83 »

perwel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 pm
TopAce888 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:45 pm Has the problem with steering to the left and right been fixed yet?
No. I got it from Amazon and was very happy, at first. Looked and felt very nice, rubber on the steering wheel felt nice.
Installed it as Hori says,
1. update firmware
2. plug in Steering wheel
3. then the side panel.
It worked ok in the Hori app but...

After 2 hour doing a mission I could not turn right. Did what Hori says,
unplug everything and plugin wheel and then sidepanel. Nothing helped
So I put it back in the box, lucky I took several pictures with phone how it should be put back in when unpacking.

Tried again next day and suddenly it worked, turned wheel left/right several times in Horis app. It worked OK
Started FS22 and it did still work. Started a field work and 10-15 min later problem started again and even worse.
Suddenly tractor wheels where all way to the right when I had wheel in center. It had gone completely crazy.
When I moved wheel the in cab tractor wheel jumped around.

This I found out first 30 min when it did work as it should:
One more things I noticed, there is a 14-15% dead zone in the Steering wheel itself at 900 degree setting,
if you lower it to 360, next lower setting the dead zone is slightly lower. Only way to get no dead zone is to
set it to lowest setting 180 degree. 90 left/right, totally useless if you can not get 900 as in other steering wheels with almost zero dead zone.
I've set min dead zone in FS to 1% and it works great with Logitech Heavy kit and also with my G29. I want steering to react with no delay.
If I have it to 1% in FS and 900 degree Hori wheel setting the steering will make a big jump in the direction I steer.
No precision in steering near center. The wheel also is a little loose, can move it around a little, like some ball bearings is missing.
Very bad for this price, should have been as stable as eg. the G29.

Side panel was very nice, nothing bad to say about that one. Might get it if sold separately.

Whole kit Overpriced, 4-500 is to much. 3-400 is better just because the nice side panel. It also have a dead zone but it is OK for me.
That dead zone in steering wheel destroys a lot for me. + the steering problem.

So I will send it back and get refund. It is already fixed and I've got a DHL address label, should be free shipping for me.

That steering wheel jumping you can see inside cab on some of the Youtube clips. Check this one from start, he is inside cab
He must have set FS dead zone low and leaving Hori wheel at default 900 degree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOsMq43UyUU&t=487s

When he reads print outside on box.....
Hori says "Robust and realistic turn signal level", that statement is a joke. No distinct positons, can move it around in a circle.
"Extremely Precise steering" BS is what I say. If they remove that built in Dead zone that not can be set it will be Precise

So my suggestion is to wait at least until it have been out for a while, it is still quite new on the market and need some
fixing. And lots of positive reviews and check also Youtube clips
Strange is that some youtubers are still using it, no bad comments.
So hopefully mine is some "Monday version" as we say in Sweden, half sleeping workers on Monday morning.
Maybe bad quality during making and sometimes they do not get it right.

I will instead go for the Thrustmaster farmstick and my G29 steering wheel .
Got the G29 for ETS2 and ATS and some F1 racing in first place.

Now after this adventure with Hori (I hesitate to try again) in FS22 I tried instead the G29 and Logitech Heavy kit side panel. Works great.
I will definitely get the TM Farmstick and test it, TM have always been very good at what they are doing.
unfortuantely my impressions pretty matches yours...
I start to regret selling my G920 setup... never change a running system they say :lol:
FarmerJOE

Post by FarmerJOE »

perwel wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:18 pm I have one coming from a local seller, MaxGaming. Placed that order long time ago and last time I checked it would be back in stock around 18 Jan 2024. And I forgot about it.
Today I've got a text msg from the swedish mail service Postnord with a question where I want it to be delivered for me to pickup. To late to cancel order when it is already on its way.

But this new firmware makes the FS world a little brighter. First thing I will check is that dead zone, if it is still there I will send it back even if I can play for hours/days without any problem.
Talked to MaxGaming and I will try it over Christmast and it is OK to send it back if I'm not happy. Think they have 60 days return without and questions asked.

I'll report here how it goes.
I think the dead zone is ok. It's best to set it to 11% or 12% in the settings. Because Hall effect sensors are installed, it feels like a maximum of 1% dead zone. Anything below 12% is suboptimal as a sudden swing occurs. I can live well with the 12%.
Sorry for my bad English
Emanuel83

Post by Emanuel83 »

If you still have problems even after the FW1.3.3 you may contact the user account which Hori is using in this forum, they did now reply to my PM. At least there is commitment to fix this issue which is positiv!
HORIEuropeTeam

Post by HORIEuropeTeam »

Dear perwel,

our developers are also working on an update on dead zone settings as this was frequently requested.
We hope for an update soon and apologise for the wait. We are happy to post and update here once we have news.
TopAce888

Post by TopAce888 »

This is great customer support. I hope everything is resolved to the satisfaction of the end users.
Last edited by TopAce888 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meine LS22-Mods
Neu-Minibrunn Support Thread

Mein fraenkforfriends-Code für kostenlos 2GB zusätzlich für dich und mich: OLIW68
perwel

Post by perwel »

HORIEuropeTeam wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:28 pm Dear perwel,

our developers are also working on an update on dead zone settings as this was frequently requested.
We hope for an update soon and apologise for the wait. We are happy to post and update here once we have news.
Thanks a lot.
Just got the kit and have played only about 30 min, so far so good.
Only that dead zone left, but I have set FS dead zone to 11% and it feels better only a small jump.
I understand that there is always some fixing after first release, I have worked as a programmer/developer and now I am retired.
So doing changes after version 1 are always needed.

Thanks again for quick response. Looking forward to next fix.
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Yea I am already impressed by their reaching out directly to customers and even potential customers. I am very interested to see how this all plays out. This is exactly how you build a solid customer base for years to come.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
perwel

Post by perwel »

Time for first impression report

First of all will take back my statement that the wheel is low budget and missing a ball bearing.
NOT this one I have now, stable as my G29 so the previous kit I had the wheel must have been a "Monday version".

So HORI if you read this I apologize for that statement.

Updated to latest firmware that should fix the steering problem and so far it have done that. No problem at all.
Did mowing, teddering and bailing yesterday for 1,5 hour, several full turns left/right with no problem.
Today I did manual stacking loading a trailer, no problems at all. 2 hour+
Nothing strange happening so far.

So I am moving more and more toward keeping it, if it still are working near New Year I will keep it. I will run FS everyday for some hours. Have plenty to do
at my farm "The Valley The Old Farm".
Dead zone is only last thing, would be nice get it down quite a lot. No need to get it all way down to zero, 4-5 would be great.

Only one little thing that is in the practical area.
Side panel stick is a little to far away, not dramatic. I have the hold my whole arm up and stretched forward. Aches a little after 30-40 min.
I searched the web for some desk extension but no luck but I did find some arm rests with telescope so you can move it around quite a lot.

So far a very nice kit and I'm very happy with it.

Before I wrote this I did a check of the wheel with DIView and numbers are very good. Steering 100% right and 0% left. 50% in middle.
No sudden jumps when turning wheel.
Just google DIView, it is free. Press Settings and a popup with tick boxes where you choose what devices you want to see.
Do not try to change anything in the wheel with DIView, might ruin it. Only watch what is displayed.

Will post more on my experience, but I am very positive right now.
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

Forgot to add that I have it set to 900 degrees in Hori app and FS dead zone to 11.
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

So far so good. Wheel have worked 100% perfect for several hours. Nothing strange to report.
Turning full right/left works perfect no sudden small hick ups of any kind, just smooth as it should be.

So my feeling now is that I will keep this kit. That last firmware did fix the steering problem.
So I dare to say that you can at least try it, always possible to return it.

I'll get back after Christmas with status. Will play FS everyday.

Merry Christmas to HORI and all of you out there.
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

Final verdict

I will keep it. Have run FS22 for around 50 hours with no problems at all with steering.
I have FS dead zone set to 11 and it works OK. Only a very small jump with steering.
I hardly notice it when working on a field. Also did some full speed races to sell some
of the bales, no problems going 50 km and nicely following the road.

Worked on 5 fields preparing them from plowing to seeded. Did get some grass fields
that I first mowed and baled and some made to silage.
So lots of turning full left/right on those fields and wheel have worked without any strange behavior.
Just perfect as it should be. Not used any helpers, done all driving myself to test the kit as much as possible.
Also 3-4 harvesting. Incl. empty combine and then drive trailer for tipping.

For me the HORI kit works very nice.
If anything goes wrong I'll will come here and tell about it. But I doubt it will happen.
If the kit can take 4-5 hours straight working I believe it is ok now.

Anyone else here that have the HORI kit?
If so please leave a comment on how you think of it.

I suspect there are many that hesitate to get it because of the loud noise about steering problem.
And that is fixed now with latest firmware in my kit. That is my experience.

That's all for now.
Cheers!
Per W
Sweden
Reef

Post by Reef »

How is the steering problem fixed if, in your own words..
perwel wrote:I have FS dead zone set to 11 and it works OK. Only a very small jump with steering.
I have the Logitech G27 and have the deadzone set to zero, as it should be, and also no graphical glitch with the ingame steering wheel.

Sounds like it still needs work to me especially as it's designed for and therefore meant to operate seamlessly with Farming Sim.

Edit: corrected typo.
perwel

Post by perwel »

Reef wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:20 pm How is the steering problem fixed if, in your own words..
perwel wrote:I have FS dead zone set to 11 and it works OK. Only a very small jump with steering.
I have the Logitech G27 and have the deadzone set to zero, as it should be, and also no graphical glitch with the ingame steering wheel.

Sounds like it still needs work to me especially as it's designed for and therefore meant to operate seamlessly with Farming Sim.

Edit: corrected typo.
Yes HORI wheel need a little work. There is a 15 degree dead zone in the wheel itself but HORI says that they are working on to remove
that dead zone with a new firmware. Or at least reduce it quite a lot.

I have the G29 and dead zone to in FS set to 2 and it works great.

The way I have set it to 11 with HORI wheel makes it work great. If I set it to 0 or 2 makes FS make a big left/right jump in steering.
The rest of the HORI kit is so great that I can live with that very tiny jump. Plenty of buttons and combinations (72 if I remember right)
makes a keyboard unnecessary.
The side panel stick is very precise when working with front loader compared to Logitech that are very hard to make very small adjustments.
When I have the steering in control it is very precise, as I said going full speed on roads are no problem. I do not care so much about the steering
wheel inside cab it is the feeling when turning that is important to me.

Stacking and loading a trailer with bales is very easy when you can put bales exactly where you want them to be, very fine slow adjustments.

I have not tried loading logs with a crane yet, I will do that when I have time. Must be ready with farm work first.

I'll come back with info on how it worked when they have released a new firmware.
Per W
Sweden
perwel

Post by perwel »

The steering is not a physical potentiometer like in other steering wheels, there is a system called "Magnetic Hall Effect" that sens with magnets where the wheel is. Side panel stick also have it.

Google on "Magnetic Hall Effect sensors", this system makes it very precise compared to a potentiometer. And can also be programmed how it works.

I have it in my FlightSim (X-Plane 12) rudder pedals and they are very exact and precise. They cost around 450 Euro
Last edited by perwel on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Per W
Sweden